gayinpattaya

Why can't Jomtien Complex become an International destination

When I stayed in the Zing back in July it wasn't noise from the boy bars,it was from the live band next door in that straight bar 

However the music mostly was 1970's ,winchita linesman,hotel California etc 

17 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

You live near  a 16 lane freeway ?

Omg I thought I had it bad living in a city area 

yes , 4 lanes and 4 collectors southbound and the same number northbound. Some collectors are quite short but yes , this is what I have right in front of me. Contrary to what one may think is not that bad as for most year either windows are closed because is cold or foliage on few trees in between surprisingly dampens most of that noise. Early spring( warm , yet no leafs ) and late fall (leafs gone  but still warm ) are the worse.

8 hours ago, gerefan said:

So where were the Police on the night? Why weren’t they anywhere to be seen?

The cops have often been in evidence over the last week at closing time to ensure no after hours drinking….so where were they when these terrible disturbances were going on? Surely they are illegal at the volume heard from the two bars simultaneously the other night? 

The police were called to a party at The Point bar in Jomtien Complex earlier this week. A farang complained about the noise and tried to grab the microphone from the singer who continued singing as though nothing had happened. The farang then started pressing buttons on the sound system trying to turn off the music. I am not sure what happened after that as i was just passing by on my way home.

1 hour ago, aussie_ said:

The police were called to a party at The Point bar in Jomtien Complex earlier this week. A farang complained about the noise and tried to grab the microphone from the singer who continued singing as though nothing had happened. The farang then started pressing buttons on the sound system trying to turn off the music. I am not sure what happened after that as i was just passing by on my way home.

Well he should move on , the noise from that area has been going for 30 years !!!

It's a bit like these people that move to live near a airport then call for flights to be stopped at midnight.

That's why Sydney can never be a 24 hour airport, it has to close overnight because of do gooders .

Everyone must stop partying at night because he moved there 🙄

I agree with Vinapu. 

Maybe, just maybe, if we now all vote with our feet the “offending” bars will get the message.

Nobody is objecting to a reasonable party. What we are objecting to is the noise intrusion 3 or more bars up the street.

Imagine what would happen if this behaviour happened in a similar residential area in London or Sydney….which are probably the sort of cities where these bar owners originate from. 

Like Macaroni, I'm a noise-refugee from BT. One of the many things that annoyed me was that the noise was for the benefit of owners and their friends. The worst of all the nights I endured was when the owner of a well-known venue in BT had a birthday party not in the bar, not at his home but outside my room. I wasn't invited! And then, another owner put on a show for a friend's birthday outside Panorama rather than in his own bar. I had a look at about 01.00. An amplified singer was performing-loudly- for an audience of four. Yes, I counted.

How do I cnvrs with boys while using ear plugs?

1 - not all places have too-loud music. The only club in P with that prblm was BBB. The others were actually too quiet. 

2 - at bars I choose to sit furthest from speakers. 

3 - while I wld LOVE to "converse" with the boys (not only about sex arrangements), their VERY lmtd englsh precludes it. Real "cnvrsation" takes place via ggl-trnslt, especially since u want to make sure the off terms r clear. 

4 - ear plugs making music volume bearable, dont prvnt hearing mouth-to-ear human speech. 

5 - per my Phuket Zag rprt, I took the waiter outside bcs the dancing volume was unsurmountable. 

On 12/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, Olddaddy said:

Everyone must stop partying at night because he moved there 🙄

Thats' a very one-sided comment. I have friends who live virtually above the flight path in Stanmore. I assume you think all those folk in that area are perfectly happy having noisy jets roaring just above their apartments overnight. You call them do-gooders! That's rich given that Australia has really stringent noise pollution levels. Staying with my friends I find the first flights coming in at around 6:00 am bad enough. If you consider these pople selfish, how do you expect them to move, given the enormous house prices in Sydney? WHy not move the parties elsewhere? And instead of adding on to existing airports that have been in use for many decades, why not build new airports away from urban centres like Tokyo, Osaka, Singaore, Hong Kong, Taipei, Beijing and a host of other cities?

It's not parties that are the issue; it is parties that impinge on the rights of other people, parties which entertain  a small minority and screw-up the evenings and nights of others.

Sorry to sell The Good Old Days, yet again,  but decades ago when go go bars operated until the last customer left, noise wasn't an issue because the d**n places had doors. And walls.  This was one of the reasons why I objected to the BT aural pollution; the guilty bars were the biggest in the soi and could easily have accommodated the party-goers within their buildings.

JC is different. Noise cannot be contained by more than two or three businesses. And so it behoves the owners to behave in an appropriate manner, one which allows punters to talk with guys and each other.

1 hour ago, thaiophilus said:

Never mind the noise, that sounds remarkably dangerous. How does the missed-approach procedure work? 😊

Thanks for spotting that. They're below the flight path and a few miles from the airport. Missed approaches will generally be much closer to the runways.

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I'm luckier , had those with both our members and money boys as well

And strangers.....😝

I've heard so many conversations over the years between customers and MB's, myself included.  So ridiculous and repetitive over time, Like the movie Groundhog Day.

I know many will say and feel like they have serious, meaningful conversations and are different.....maybe 1-2% are....the rest are one way conversations.

20 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Thats' a very one-sided comment. I have friends who live virtually above the flight path in Stanmore. I assume you think all those folk in that area are perfectly happy having noisy jets roaring just above their apartments overnight. You call them do-gooders! That's rich given that Australia has really stringent noise pollution levels. Staying with my friends I find the first flights coming in at around 6:00 am bad enough. If you consider these pople selfish, how do you expect them to move, given the enormous house prices in Sydney? WHy not move the parties elsewhere? And instead of adding on to existing airports that have been in use for many decades, why not build new airports away from urban centres like Tokyo, Osaka, Singaore, Hong Kong, Taipei, Beijing and a host of other cities?

And Stanmore had flights going over all the time before the rich yuppies moved there.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, PeterRS said:

Thanks for spotting that. They're below the flight path and a few miles from the airport. Missed approaches will generally be much closer to the runways.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It gave a whole new meaning to the title of a TV series from a few years ago called "City in the Sky" .

Missed approaches start near the runway but the procedure may take you to a hold the best part of 10 miles from the airport before you can be slotted in for another go: "Climb to 3000 straight ahead until passing 1580 or I-AA DME zero inbound whichever is later, then left onto track 036. Keep the Premier Inn on your left.  On passing LON DME 10 proceed to NDB CHT at 3000. Pass between Bentley Priory and Shree Swaminarayan Temple not above 3500."

Or something like that. 😊

On 12/17/2022 at 9:50 AM, PeterRS said:

i absolutely loathe loud noise and steer clear of such places. If you wear ear plugs, how can you converse with the boys?

The earplugs reduce the level of human voice and background music to the same degree, communication works like without ear plugs.

I'm sensitive to noise, and unless there is a very good reason to stay (and put in earplugs - in case of my rare disco visits where I know in advance it will be loud - or tissue), I will tell staff that I will not become a customer because of the noise.