BPB

Any guest friendly hotel in Silom? How's 56 Surawong Hotel?

Hi! I found this hotel - 56 Surawong Hotel affordable,spacious and new. And most importantly, really close to DJ station. I'm interested to book this hotel.

Does anyone have stayed in this hotel before? Is there any joiner policy? As I think I will have a out call massage service to my hotel.

I stay there last 2 nights of my trip I returned from mid-Nov.

It at mouth of Patpong 1 , just across he street so great location for Patpong 2 boy bars as well as Mooonlight and Tawan. Walk to DJ station manageable 5-7 mins.

No problem with visitors day or night. Room big and well appointed but was missing two things I like to have  - kettle and safety deposit box. It looks one must use one on reception, not an issue for me at end of trip. Kettle problem I solved as always - I carry immense heater to make my tea on every trip.

Here some pictures , sorry about the mess, there were two of us and I did not include my companion in 'visitors' category above, LOL

20221115_142623.thumb.jpg.bd637ec5b9faa0abc37641e1924e0ac8.jpg

20221116_105902.thumb.jpg.06a7aaff15fe89cd96f7cc51bba3dd8d.jpg

20221116_105716.thumb.jpg.aac776f81c2b28438d97b2133a7f941a.jpg

20221116_105741.thumb.jpg.4374890b1fc666c9cc1d5930e180c72e.jpg

1 hour ago, colmx said:

No idea about the 56, suggested it to my BF previously but as it was similar priced to the Raya Surawong at the time we went for it as an old reliable

Having tried both on last trip I say you did right thing for similar price. I'd settle for Raya even up to 10$ more , above that price difference I'd take 56 

On 12/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, colmx said:

If you want close to DJ you should choose the D'Varee Diva (Bally Suites) which is over Burger king at the mouth of silom Soi2 or the D'Varee express which is next to GOD 100 meters down the road

D Varee Bally silom has been ok. We have stayed there several times, last being 2019.

13 hours ago, Pyrrhus said:

Does the Raya have a joiner policy? Says "only registered guests allowed in guestroom" on booking site. Do they just look the other way?

No problem with joiners at the Raya. The main entrance lifts go to all floors the reception is on floor 5 (I think) so you don't need to even go near them if your room is on a different floor. 

At night the main (front) entrance shuts and you have to go through the guest car park and use that lift. There are "security" guys at the barrier but they won't give you any hassle at all - they didn't even look up from their phones when i brought boys back. At least that was the situation in April when I was there. 

I liked the Raya. 

6 hours ago, Milk78 said:

At least that was the situation in April when I was there. 

always like that , never problem. If boy comes by motorsai or car , can use hotel parking .

By the way, if you have room on 5th floor and still  want to avoid reception . not that they care you can use that service elevator in the back during day as well. Advantage - you don't need to climb stairs leading to an elevator at front ,

If you are worried about that, ask for room floor 5 or up, the elevator will bring you up without passing the reception, after hours you need to enter from the parking, left side of the building the security guard never asked something, no id, no nothing

also, if you do have a room on the 4th and do not want to parade next to the reception, you can take the elevator from the parking, it is a different one and it brings you to the other side of the floor, far away from reception, but really nobody cares

5 hours ago, BieBie said:

If you are worried about that, ask for room floor 5 or up, the elevator will bring you up without passing the reception, after hours you need to enter from the parking, left side of the building the security guard never asked something, no id, no nothing

make it floor 6 or up, reception is on 5th floor , otherwise correct

4 hours ago, BieBie said:

also, if you do have a room on the 4th and do not want to parade next to the reception, you can take the elevator from the parking, it is a different one and it brings you to the other side of the floor, far away from reception, but really nobody cares

make it 'room on 5th ", othwerwise correct