zoomomancs

Freshboys, Dreamboys Hot Male- Not many customers?

I visited each bar once in early Nov, Freshboys was packed for the show that night to extend some farang moved a bit to create sitting space for me. Dreamboys was also quite good patronized. Hot Male so, so, may be 10 clients but at least 3 offs( one of them double, just reported in another thread)during   my time there.

Perhaps all that "bars are expensive , apps are cheaper" ( I'm not saying false ) propaganda is seeping into clients ears and bars  are being abandoned one by one ?

But with boys fully or at least half dressed it may be their fate. Only bar where  guys are wearing just undies if that much- Tawan seems to be well patronized although considering their new size it's not tall order to make it crowded.

1 hour ago, musgrave said:

Arrived yesterday afternoom in Bangkok and managed a massage at Arena, a reminiscent visit to Super A and a night at Freshboys. Arena had around 12 muscular options but my favourite Tip had long moved back to Isaan - current alternatives offer more than adequate choices. Ps the escalators work and the seafood places on street level are worth a look. Super A had about 8 boys who are up to the usual Super A standard. Of note 3 of the former staff are still there - has to be more than 8 years!!! Freshboys had at least 20 boys decked out in white boxer style shorts. Lots of Vietnamese choices. Bar was 3/4 full most of the night with male and female customers. Shows were okay - not a big fan of lipsyncing cabaret but boy shower scene/ big cock parade were more than appealing. One thing about Freshboys  the lads are very eager - lots of offers lots of enticing glances and smiles,  lots of thank yous. One lad put my hand down inside his front to advertise his wares and asked "you take?". PS also walked inside world heritage listed venue and managed to overhear " what you like?  I can get for you . You want boy? girl ? ladyboy? or 2? . not a problem"

I was at Freshboys too last night! Big cock parade was nice. I was with group comprising 2 forum members, a Moonlight guy whom one member offed and a first-timer to Bangkok gay scene from UK whom I met at hotel. We entered Freshboys at midnight after we watched the show at Moonlight. My first-timer friend said, "Freshboys is better than Moonlight!".

44 minutes ago, zombie said:

Dreamboy charge 500 baht for a drink, off is also 500. Freshboy 400 a drink and 500 the off also I believe. Hot male same...

Surely these charges will deter some customers?!

Banana off fee is also 500 baht. Perhaps the bars all agreed to set the same off fee for this high season?

14 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

I might have something to add to this topic. I spent a little bit of time in all three bars one night in late November, then after determining that Dream Boys was not for me, I went back to Fresh Boys and Hot Male one night in early December.

Dream Boys seemed to have a good number of customers that first night, though a poor selection of not-really dancers. The other two bars had few customers.

I didn't like that the drinks were painfully expensive and that the shows seemed to drag on forever. I was there to check out and maybe chat with any cute go-go dancers. Watching the shows was like being put on hold by my bank's customer service department. The waits always seem to be interminable. When I'm on the phone, I often get frustrated and hang up. When I'm waiting for the go-go dancers to retake the stage, I often give up, pay for my drink and leave.

Dream Boys, with its complete lack of twinks, is definitely not for me. But it seems to draw the biggest crowds.

Its customers seem to go specifically for the shows.

I haven't visited Dream Boys during my current trip. I think I shall give it a miss now that I have confirmation that there are no or few twinks there. Thanks for info.

16 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

Anyway, several days later, I managed to sneak into Fresh Boys about 10 minutes before one of its interminable shows began and called over two of the almost twink-like guys to have drinks with me. They were fun to chat with but no chemistry developed so I decided not to ask one or the other if he'd like to go back to my hotel. I wonder if some energy might have developed if we didn't have to pay attention to a show that all of us were only pretending to enjoy?

This time, the bar had many customers, and the manager seemed to be injecting a lot of fun and excitement into the night. I recommend it to tourists who like the kinds of shows these bars put on.

I agree with you that the show with its nudity (albeit with condoms on) is exciting for tourists. It also gives punters the chance to see the dicks before they decide to off the guys. Good business strategy. The only downer is the wearing of shorts. They should wear briefs!

19 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

But for me, it was on to Hot Male, where several days earlier I had met someone I wanted to see again. The show had already begun, and the guy I had come to see was nowhere to be found. I sat down before realizing this, ordered a drink and kind of checked out the place. It, too, had a decent crowd, though smaller than the one at Fresh Boys. The guy I had shared a drink with earlier during my trip suddenly appeared, walked up to me and sat down. We quickly left for my hotel.

At the hotel, he immediately lost his clothes and got right down to business. Afterward, while I was still in the shower, he was calling his friends and was in a hurry to leave. He left as soon as I got out of the shower and could see him to the door.

Probably his friends had arranged for an after-hours party somewhere. It was unfortunate that you offed him on that particular night.

21 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

Again, this was an expensive night, and it did not end with a euphoric experience. But I don't think high prices are the only barrier keeping gay customers away from these bars. They used to be gay go-go bars, and gay customers used to be able to go to them to meet cute young gay men. They used to seem like gay havens, much like straight go-go bars must seem like havens for their customers. But they have since morphed into something else. Now they are all about drag shows, big cock shows and other kinds of shows. These acts draw a lot of straight female customers and straight Asians who arrive in big groups. So if you're an old-timer looking for the kind of experience that used to be available at these places, you're likely to be disappointed by:

1) the high prices;

2) the seemingly never-ending shows;

3) a lot of straight customers who totally change the energy of these bars.

The energy used to be that of sexual expectation. Now it's more of a spectating experience, like going to watch a movie with friends. And these bars, at least the three on Patpong, no longer feel like havens. They feel like the gay customers have become part of the show for the straight customers to gawk at.

Not only do Grindr and Hornet offer cheaper, less uncomfortable alternatives, so does Silom Soi 2. It charges a 400-baht cover charge -- cheaper than a drink in a Patpong show bar -- and has retained its gay-haven ambience and its charged atmosphere.

I fully agree that it's cheaper to get guys using the apps. But I still enjoy going to the bars! 

4 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

But I still enjoy going to the bars! 

I feel like it's not a trip to Bangkok without going to one. I'm sure I will always drop by at least one every time I'm in town if for no other reason than for old time's sake.

And I miss Screw Boys!

Edited by BiggusDikkus
Added last sentence.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Probably his friends had arranged for an after-hours party somewhere. It was unfortunate that you offed him on that particular night.

Seems that the parties happen very frequently in Thailand and we all know Thais will take Sanuk over work any day, is one of the  reasons you won't see them working on cruise ships anymore....I know to expect this, parties in Brazil,  on Sat nights 🙄

15 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Seems that the parties happen very frequently in Thailand and we all know Thais will take Sanuk over work any day, is one of the  reasons you won't see them working on cruise ships anymore....I know to expect this, parties in Brazil,  on Sat nights 🙄

That is why it is not a good idea to get a guy back on a weekend night. Monday and Tuesday nights are better. 

2 hours ago, zombie said:

Dreamboy charge 500 baht for a drink, off is also 500. Freshboy 400 a drink and 500 the off also I believe. Hot male same...

Surely these charges will deter some customers?!

yes but I suspect that even charges of half of quoted above would deter some clients as well

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

I haven't visited Dream Boys during my current trip. I think I shall give it a miss now that I have confirmation that there are no or few twinks there. Thanks for info.

always go and check for yourself. For me Dreamboys is twink infested

31 minutes ago, vinapu said:

always go and check for yourself. For me Dreamboys is twink infested

vinapu: do u mean Dream Boy in pattaya or in BKK?

My experience is that twinks are scarce in dreamboy BKK but more in dreamboy pattaya..

Incidentally Biggus Diggus above makes some v astute observations above re the energy changing in some of these bars from sexual to spectator. .A few staff in bars tell me there ain't so many offs as customers just want to look, chat  and maybe touch but no go with the boy.

Many here might remember the old Rome club which was the best in town until it was "infested" with straights which caused its downfall.

2 minutes ago, zombie said:

vinapu: do u mean Dream Boy in pattaya or in BKK?

My experience is that twinks are scarce in dreamboy BKK but more in dreamboy pattaya..

Incidentally Biggus Diggus above makes some v astute observations above re the energy changing in some of these bars from sexual to spectator. .A few staff in bars tell me there ain't so many offs as customers just want to look, chat  and maybe touch but no go with the boy.

both but in this post I meant Bangkok venue,

Quite possible that my defintion of twink is too wide. After all what do I know about twinks if I like hunks ?

with so many straights frequenting boy bars no wonder off are getting scarce buy boy found remedy i.e. apps and Line. sometimes asking for Line is first thing they do when sitting down invited for  a drink, 

For twink lovers, there is also Banana Gogo bar in Soi 4.

To avoid endless shows, one can go early, before the first show starts.

The "not many customers" complaints of boys might be exaggerated, they want us to send money between our visits. I still have to find a boy in a gogo bar who doesnt have an iphone 14 ... ( ok one had an expensive Samsung)

I can't comment on the bars but, in general terms, I thought the difference in terms of the number of falang visitors, between my July and my November visits seemed minimal. I would qualify that by noting that Agate was busier though that was reflected in more straight guests. 

I must confess to having been a little disappointed, particular by BKK; I'd hoped to see the first signs of a High Season.

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

For twink lovers, there is also Banana Gogo bar in Soi 4.

To avoid endless shows, one can go early, before the first show starts.

The "not many customers" complaints of boys might be exaggerated, they want us to send money between our visits. I still have to find a boy in a gogo bar who doesnt have an iphone 14 ... ( ok one had an expensive Samsung)

I talk with boys last Nov end again early Dec, they all said they have customers for drinks but very few to take them off

39 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I can't comment on the bars but, in general terms, I thought the difference in terms of the number of falang visitors, between my July and my November visits seemed minimal. I would qualify that by noting that Agate was busier though that was reflected in more straight guests. 

I must confess to having been a little disappointed, particular by BKK; I'd hoped to see the first signs of a High Season.

Many foreigners arrived late NOV. But you can feel there is a change in where they come from. More asians than caucasians customers. Some Chinese (from HK) and many many Koreans

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

I visited each bar once in early Nov, Freshboys was packed for the show that night to extend some farang moved a bit to create sitting space for me. Dreamboys was also quite good patronized. Hot Male so, so, may be 10 clients but at least 3 offs( one of them double, just reported in another thread)during   my time there.

Perhaps all that "bars are expensive , apps are cheaper" ( I'm not saying false ) propaganda is seeping into clients ears and bars  are being abandoned one by one ?

But with boys fully or at least half dressed it may be their fate. Only bar where  guys are wearing just undies if that much- Tawan seems to be well patronized although considering their new size it's not tall order to make it crowded.

I visited some bars 2 weeks in Nov and 1 week in early Dec. DreamBoy had plently of customers (including girls) and packed on Friday-Sat. Banana Room also. Hotmale was so so. And what made me really happy is to see DJ Station packed again like "before"