foresttrip

Phuket trip spring 2023

Hey everyone, newbie 32m here, but this forum has been very helpful in trip planning.

I'm planning to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai in Spring of 2023. Looking forward to writing some trip reports myself when I touch down.

I'm thinking about skipping Pattaya entirely, but let me know if I'm being crazy for that ;)

And if you have any recommendations for massage and gogo places in Phuket with cute twinks, please share haha! I've heard great things and I'm looking forward to it.

If you scroll down the topic page on which you posted you will find two recent reports on Phuket. 

If you then compare those with all the recent Pattaya trip reports you will get an idea, based on what your preferences are, as to where you should best spend your time. After reading up a bit, you may have more specific requests for information.

18 hours ago, foresttrip said:

I'm thinking about skipping Pattaya entirely, but let me know if I'm being crazy for that ;)

you are not , depending what you are looking for. If you are looking for beach with clean water ,  gothic catherals or Angkorian ruins , yes you can give Pattaya  a miss.

If you are looking for available guys , particularly on twinky side , you may reconsider .

Do not skip Bangkok if that's your first time in Thailand

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

you are not , depending what you are looking for. If you are looking for beach with clean water ,  gothic catherals or Angkorian ruins , yes you can give Pattaya  a miss.

If you are looking for available guys , particularly on twinky side , you may reconsider .

Do not skip Bangkok if that's your first time in Thailand

Thank you! I will be in Bangkok for at least 5 days, and then about 7 days in either Phuket or Pattaya. And then another 10 days or so in Chiang Mai or somewhere else purely for food and tourism (either ruins or some hiking). I'm not planning to go for any boys in those 10 days - that will be pure tourism :)

The earlier posts on Phuket and Pattaya were very helpful. I'd like mostly massages and off some boys either from a gogo bar or just on the apps. I might go to one show, but that's not my focus.

It sounds like the scene in Phuket is still pretty quiet, so I might just go to Pattaya instead. I thought it would be fun to find beautiful beaches and cute twinks in Phuket, but if there are better boy options in Pattaya, I'll just do that instead.

I unfortunately don't have a lot of time on this trip, so I don't want to feel that I wasted time in a place where the options are limited.

In Bangkok, I was planning to do mostly tourism (my first time in Thailand) and a lot of eating. :) But I'll probably go to a club or two and get a few massages if there is time.

55 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

There r no gogo clubs in Phuket, and I didnt find the massage scene tempting. I did rcmnd Adam from Blue Dolphin.  

Thanks for the recommendation! And I will also keep the apps open to see if any contact me.

And yes, I do want to get lots of massages haha so this is helpful information.

49 minutes ago, foresttrip said:

and cute twinks in Phuket, but if there are better boy options in Pattaya

In Bangkok, I was planning to do mostly tourism (my first time in Thailand) and a lot of eating. :) But I'll probably go to a club or two and get a few massages if there is time.

you will see cute twinks in Thailand everywhere, streets,  buses , markets , temples and of course bars.

Tourism is day time activity so you will have evening for that eating and then you need some exercise to prevent weight gain and bars are coming handy along with apps.

When comes to massage few boys told me do not eat anything 2 hours before session

2 hours ago, foresttrip said:

It sounds like the scene in Phuket is still pretty quiet, so I might just go to Pattaya instead. I thought it would be fun to find beautiful beaches and cute twinks in Phuket, but if there are better boy options in Pattaya, I'll just do that instead.

Hello foresttrip.

Since your original objective was to meet cute twinks and see beautiful beaches in Phuket - and now you are leaning more towards going to Pattaya - please read my trip report (see below hyperlink) from November where I visited beautiful Koh Larn - the island that is directly in front of Pattaya city - which is only a 20 minute speed boat away or 40 minute ferry ride.  The beaches on Koh Larn are beautiful - but not as beautiful as in Phuket.  However, Koh Larn has transparent turquoise blue water with wonderful white sand beaches.

my recent report on Koh Larn - the island that is directly in front of Pattaya

If during your visit to Pattaya you want to make a day trip or overnight trip over to Koh Larn - let me know as I am itching to return to Koh Larn.

3 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

my recent report on Koh Larn - the island that is directly in front of Pattaya

If during your visit to Pattaya you want to make a day trip or overnight trip over to Koh Larn - let me know as I am itching to return to Koh Larn.

Thank you! And what a detailed report haha! Yes, I would like to meet some sane co-travelers while there, so I'll let you know!

On 12/17/2022 at 4:42 AM, vinapu said:

you will see cute twinks in Thailand everywhere, streets,  buses , markets , temples and of course bars.

So you are implying that one can basically approach them everywhere (even off the street?) to strike a conversation and have them for the night or as a companion? That would be very interesting.

Sorry for very late reply. :) I was reading old topics and this statement above got me intrigued. Because I also have upcoming first time ever trip to Thailand in May.

52 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Vinapu,

U look either very good or very tempting / welcoming. In any case, u r obviously magnetic!

I'm Hunchback of Notre Dame's  a bit better looking younger brother, just ask any of about 30 members here I met in person with.

On serious note,  neither tempting nor magnetic, when I walk I usually look at people , specially  guys of offing age , whoever they may be by look.

Those observant enough may be taking their chances guessing  what my purpose would be. Observant guys in Silom area can actually see me walking with different guys at various times of night and day and connect dots too. Almost certainly that was a case of out -of -blue bus stop guy.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:38 AM, foresttrip said:

Hey everyone, newbie 32m here, but this forum has been very helpful in trip planning.

I'm planning to visit Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai in Spring of 2023. Looking forward to writing some trip reports myself when I touch down.

And if you have any recommendations for massage and gogo places in Phuket with cute twinks, please share haha! I've heard great things and I'm looking forward to it.

Depends on when you want to visit Chiang Mai but many avoid it in rice fields burning season. Is cooler as a bit higher. I suggest Pattaya, not Phuket, for more twinks. 

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

On another hand scenario you are painting is far from impossible , specially on busy , touristy streets later at night. Not only  you can strike conversation, they may  be boys who will be first.

Thank you. I appreciate your answer and that's very pleasing to hear, so I will be expecting those encounters. Since I'm not planning to go to Phuket (Bangkok and Pattaya are on my checklist) on my first trip, I'll create separate topic because I have many other questions especially about twinks in Bangkok.

10 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

That's a prblm, bcs I make an effort to smile as much as possible.

"A smile is the light in the window of your face, that tells the world - your heart is at home."

(-:

Be careful then haha

I made a mistake one time. I was with my Asian boyfriend in DJ Station. I smiled back to another boy who was very "friendly". My boyfriend was very pissed off, "you smiled to him while we were dancing together, i lost face in public, please never do this to me again..." 

Since then i practice "smile control"

2 hours ago, 12is12 said:

"A smile is the light in the window of your face, that tells the world - your heart is at home."

wow 12is12 - 2 things:

1.) I am impressed that you did not cancel any vowels in that above wonderful message.

2.) and having met you in prima persona, I can say it is true what you wrote  :>))

I would add an additional proverb that may help in these street walking moments:

"Eyes are the window of the soul"