jason1975

Who speaks the best English?

I agree most of the Viet guys I meet have some decent English ability. Especially the waiters at Freshboys.

Met quite a few guys from Myanmar working massage in Saphan Kwai who had limited English but those who worked in Patpong bars tended to be more conversational.

Depending on how long they've been working in bkk, I found that Lao and Thai guys had enough English to make themselves understood. Same I think for Cambodians.

5 hours ago, reader said:

Met quite a few guys from Myanmar working massage in Saphan Kwai who had limited English but those who worked in Patpong bars tended to be more conversational.

I should have specified the Myanmar guys who work Hot Male beer bar. 🙂

All the Cambodian guys I met in Siem Reap spoke adequate English, whereas guys in Bangkok, whatever nationality, I find are not so fluent. I did fuck one Chinese boy I BKK, who spoke good English, found on Grindr.

My judgement is biased/incomplete by the fact that I spent time since Covid in Thailand and Cambodia, but not elsewhere, and speak more Thai than the average Thai speaks English.

Best English: Cambodia and Myanmar.

Can't judge: Vietnam and Lao.

Worst English: Thailand.

Those who come to Thailand for work are the most agile, both mentally and physically, of their country.

I had Thais refuse to meet me in Silom because it's to far from Sukhumvit (where they are).