PeterRS

China Madness: Allowing Tourists In and Out of the Country

There was something on the Philippine news on tv here this morning that said the Philippines was looking at 7 days isolation for visitors coming in from China, I will be looking for that one in the Philippine online media to see if it's going to happen.

From Japan Times

Japan to tighten borders for travelers from China on Dec. 30

Japan will tighten its border controls for travelers from China on Friday, as the latter nation is seeing a surge in COVID-19 infections, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said Tuesday.

The announcement, which marks the first time Japan has tightened its borders since foreign tourists were allowed to enter without restrictions in October, pours cold water on expectations of an influx of Chinese tourists over the Chinese New Year period, which begins Jan. 22.

Kishida’s abrupt announcement comes only a day after news that China will scrap its quarantine for incoming travelers from Jan. 8, one of the country’s most significant steps since it effectively abandoned its two-year “zero-COVID” policy.

All travelers from China, including Japanese citizens and returning foreign nationals living in Japan, as well as those who have been to China within the previous seven days will be tested for COVID-19 upon their arrival in Japan. Those who test positive will be required to quarantine at designated facilities for seven days.

The quarantine period for those who test positive is expected to be seven days if they have developed symptoms. For those who are asymptomatic, the period will be shortened to five days if they test negative on the fifth day, according to the health ministry.

The number of flights from China will also be limited to guard against a sudden increase in COVID-19 infections in Japan, Kishida told reporters at the Prime Minister’s Office. Arrivals from China, Hong Kong and Macao will be limited to four airports: Narita, Haneda, Kansai International and Chubu.

Italy imposes mandatory Covid tests for travellers from China

On the first flight to Malpensa that tested passengers from China out of 62 passengers 35 were Covid positive, Lombardy's health chief Guido Bertolaso said on Wednesday, while on the second 62 were positive out of 120.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/italy-imposes-mandatory-covid-tests-travellers-china-2022-12-28/

• Members
55 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

Italy imposes mandatory Covid tests for travellers from China

On the first flight to Malpensa that tested passengers from China out of 62 passengers 35 were Covid positive, Lombardy's health chief Guido Bertolaso said on Wednesday, while on the second 62 were positive out of 120.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/italy-imposes-mandatory-covid-tests-travellers-china-2022-12-28/

Those ratios are fairly consistent with estimated daily infection rates and viral detection duration in China. Actually, perhaps a temporary travel ban makes more sense than testing on arrival internationally, as the volume is too high to impose and track quarantine. It is conceivable that China will obtain widespread immunity by the end of New Year (22Jan-5Feb), so a travel ban period need not be lengthy since CoV is ripping through so rapidly. So it overlaps with a major holiday; it makes sense to adjust course, as a bloodbath of some high 6-digit / low 7-digit number of Chinese deaths is conceivable anyway. In the scheme of things a 6-week non-essential travel ban is not that punitive. It’s the timing that is unfortunate.

For perspective, this attachment seems to be a fair representation of reality:

F215143C-5886-44D7-9607-2F75BC3544C8.jpeg

On 12/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, a-447 said:

To get into Japan you have to jump through quite a few hoops. You also need proof of 3 vaccinations and not all are recognised. I don't think the Chinese ones are on the list. If that is the case it will take a long time before any prospective tourist can come to Japan, as all 3 vaccinations must be completed. I think that takes about 9 months altogether.

Where on earth did you get this from? It's total fiction. 

https://www.kayak.co.uk/travel-restrictions/japan

You can fly into Japan right now, having only had a covid test. There are no injection requirements at all. 

From Thailand News Agency

No Special Measures for Chinese Visitors

BANGKOK, Dec 29 (TNA) – The country will not need any strict disease control measure for Chinese visitors, the public health minister said.

Anutin Charnvirakul, the public health minister and deputy prime minister, said officials from the Department of Disease Control, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Ministry of Transport discussed measures to be imposed in response to China’s planned country reopening on Jan 8 and they agreed that existing measures would be enough.

The Chinese government required outbound Chinese travelers to undergo RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 and receive at least three doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Most Chinese people had natural antibodies for COVID-19 also because 60% of the Chinese population already contracted the disease, Mr Anutin said.

When Chinese tourists arrive, they must purchase health insurance so that they will have proper care if they fall sick, he said.

If Chinese visitors would like a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, the Thai government would have AstraZeneca vaccine for them but they would have to pay for it, Mr Anutin said. (TNA)

"Passengers who have been fully vaccinated and boosted with vaccines approved by the Japanese government and who are arriving in Japan after October 11, 2022, will not require a pre-travel COVID-19 test.  Those traveling to Japan from mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) or who were in China within seven days of their arrival in Japan will be tested upon arrival."

Source:  https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

3 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Where on earth did you get this from? It's total fiction. 

I arrived in Tokyo on Dec 22 at Haneda Airport.

Before arriving in Japan I had to fill out forms online and get 2 QR codes and upload my 3 vaccination Covid certificate. So there was no Covid test at the airport. The Japanese consulate at home told me I'd need to present a vaccination certificate.

32 minutes ago, a-447 said:

I arrived in Tokyo on Dec 22 at Haneda Airport.

Before arriving in Japan I had to fill out forms online and get 2 QR codes and upload my 3 vaccination Covid certificate. So there was no Covid test at the airport. The Japanese consulate at home told me I'd need to present a vaccination certificate.

That's fine. 

But your previous post said that to enter Japan you NEED to prove you have had 3 injections. That is not true at all. You can enter Japan without any injections. The USA is one of the only countries in the world who do not allow people to enter who refused experimental mRNA shit. Not that it matters, who the hell wants to go there? 

If you are not triple vaccinated

There is no requirement to be vaccinated in order to enter Japan, however if you cannot prove you are triple-vaccinated with two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (or one of Johnson & Johnson) and an additional booster shot from Pfizer or Moderna, then you must take a PCR test within 72 hours before your flight and show a negative certificate in the approved format. You will be unable to use the ‘fast track’ system in this case. Note that AstraZeneca is not accepted as a valid booster.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/japan/entry-requirements

Some people are unable to appreciate that the Covid situation is fluid.

The Japanese government had 2 competing stakeholders to deal with - the tourist industry begging for the country to reopen and the average citizen who didn't want foreigners anywhere near Japan.

They decided to try to please both sides of the argument by first allowing guided tour    groups, starting back in August. That didn't work out.

They then spoke about possibly allowing individual tourists with strict anti-covid conditions to be allowed into the country. That's when I first made plans and started looking for airline tickets.

When the country did finally open in October I followed the rules in place at that time.

The rules will change again. Nothing in Japan regarding Covid stays the same forever. What is true today may not be true next week. You need to keep checking.

It is important to keep an open mind.

6 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Italy discovered yesterday that more than 50% of Chinese arriving on two flights to Milan tested positive for covid.

We put a stick in your nose. It says you are sick. 
You don't feel sick, but we are the government. We are telling you, you are sick...

Good lord. You people are wet wipes. 

From Channel News Asia

Malaysia announces restrictions amid China’s COVID-19 surge

KUALA LUMPUR: Amid a concern over the rise of COVID-19 cases in China, all visitors entering Malaysia will have to undergo temperature screening checks for fever.

Those who are found to have fever, are symptomatic or have self-declared their symptoms will then be sent to a quarantine centre or to the health authorities for further checks.

In a statement on Friday (Dec 30), the country’s Health Minister Zaliha Mustafa also said that those who have been to China within the last 14 days of their arrival into the country will need to undergo the RTK-Ag test (rapid antigen test). 

These samples will then be sent for genome testing if they are found to be positive for Covid-19, Dr Zaliha said.

At the same time, those who have been in close contact with people who have travelled to China in the last 14 days, or exhibit influenza-like illnesses or severe acute respiratory infection will also need to be tested for COVID-19.

The Member of Parliament for Sekijang said these measures were part of Malaysia’s increased surveillance for COVID-19 in order to ensure that steps can be taken to check the spread of the disease in the country and monitor for possible new variants.  

56 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

So if a doctor inserts a camera up your big ass and tells you you have colon cancer - you clearly believe you are not sick. Bye!

I think like many people in the world, I haven't seen a doctor in 3 years. They are all scared to see patients because of the WuFlu. And not certain how a cancer screening has anything to do with nose sticks that don't work and in some cases have a 95% false positive rate. No country I have been in the last 2 years have had doctors doing nose sticks. It's just random women and migrant workers. 

Anyway, I've never had a camera up my "big ass". Procedures like that are for old people.

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

Ah yes! Old people! Funny, isn't it, that rates of colon cancer are increasing among so-called "young people".

Chadwick Boseman 43 - colon cancer 2020

Dame Deborah James 40 - bowel cancer 2022

Jay Monahan 42 (husband of Katie Couric) - colon cancer 1998

"For many young, healthy people colon cancer was never on their radar because it is typically seen as a disease that affects older people. But since the 1990s, even as colorectal cancer rates have declined for people 50 and older, they have more than doubled among American adults under 50, according to the National Cancer Institute. By 2030, predicts a study published in April, colorectal cancer will be the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in people aged 20 to 49."

https://www.statnews.com/2021/06/22/colorectal-cancer-hot-spots-young-men-dying-higher-rates/

43? 40? 42? Old people. I am not in my 40s.