Riobard

Bye bye Grindr …

I cancelled my paid Grindr subscription yesterday.  My mother died last year and I had to have an extended stay in the USA in a suburban location without much gay life - so that is why I joined Grindr.  The monthly fee in USD is more than the annual fee for Hornet - crazy expensive and I don't see that this premium pricing is getting me more sex.  I get most of my sex via my main Thai massage guy who organizes encounters with other sexy guys for me.  Back in Europe, I got 95% of my sex from PlanetRomeo.  In Vietnam it was mainly from Blued.  So, Grindr was chucked into the waste bin as part of my many New Year's resolutions.

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I cancelled my paid Grindr subscription yesterday.

So, Grindr was chucked into the waste bin as part of my many New Year's resolutions.

you can still use free version, seems sufficient for me , at least in BKK and Pattaya but also in Puerto Vallarta last year

1 minute ago, vinapu said:

you can still use free version, seems sufficient for me , at least in BKK and Pattaya but also in Puerto Vallarta last year

yes - that is what I did in the end.  I had to cancel my subscription on my Grinder which was installed via the Google Playstore in the USA to my new Google account in Thailand using the Google Playstore Thailand app for Grindr - which is free.

One of the benefits of meeting up with other forum members who are passing through - one of them (his privacy shall be respected for showing me this cool trick) proudly showed me how to get around the Grinder GPS limitation (or on any other app that has such limitation) - on the free version (where the view that you have is restricted to x number of KM from your current location) was to use a product called:          f*a@k#e_G!P+S

remove the non alphabetic characters from the above bolded word and you will find this amazing program to install on your phone.

1 minute ago, fedssocr said:

Grindr allows you to search anywhere in the world using the "explore" tab

Yes.  I often explore areas away from where I live, including foreign destinations.  However, in the area of Florida where I live many of the Grindr profiles and messages solicit the sale / use of illegal drugs.  A number of other profiles are, IMO, fake and are using the same purported to be actual photos and other profile information is fake.  A lot of what we see on social media (including here, from time to time, I believe) is fake; it's the world we live in.  Lots of George Santos types roaming around.  🙄

I use the free Grindr and the website has been pushing people towards all of the for-pay features.  I just don't see much value using it where I live, but have met some guys when traveling abroad.