TotallyOz

ANA Business Class = Exceptional

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I did not tell him we were flying Business class until we were at the airport. He was beyond thrilled but did not realize totally why until we were on the plane. He was so happy he became part of the Mile High Club and I was happy to make him happy and he was happy to make me happy (so to speak).

Something I have ALWAYS wanted to become a club member of but never happened.  The closest that I ever got was to have the privilege to live in the "Mile High" city for 13 years.

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

it felt good to help a boy that I know will never be a bf but just a friend. He is on the trip of a lifetime and just knowing I had a little something to do with it, is a nice feeling.

You were DEFINITELY Father Christmas to this guy - very nice!!

The only aircraft I would consider this would be those A380 operators which have toilets at the front upstairs. These are always about 3 times the size of the usual plane facility and allow for lots of freedom and positions 😂. Some, like BA, have business class at the front upstairs. Sadly the BA product is very second rate now.

3 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

The only aircraft I would consider this would be those A380 operators which have toilets at the front upstairs. These are always about 3 times the size of the usual plane facility and allow for lots of freedom and positions 😂. Some, like BA, have business class at the front upstairs. Sadly the BA product is very second rate now.

And BA are converting the front business section upstairs to first class.

4 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

This trip cost 180,000 round trip per person. It was the highest I have paid in years.

Still a bargain....since they've done away with award charts, it's like Uber dynamic pricing. I was looking for flights to Bali, 270,000 1 way, Delta to Brasil up to 500,000 1 way.

And to earn miles, not as easy as before, they are very devalued....sometimes you get a bargain, 180k r/t is good, in todays market. United has an Excursionists perk that will give you 1 additional flight in the region you are visiting for free if you do a circle trip.

The lounge was OK in Bangkok

Lounge's are packed everywhere you go....I feel like I'm at a Carnival Cruise Buffet 🙄

The one flaw with ANA is the lounges do not have great food.

Turkish has the best airport lounge.....United has Polaris And A/A has their Flagship Lounge.....they're ok

He was so happy he became part of the Mile High Club

With who?

• Members
39 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Still a bargain....since they've done away with award charts, it's like Uber dynamic pricing. I was looking for flights to Bali, 270,000 1 way, Delta to Brasil up to 500,000 1 way.

Oh ok.  I thought the OP said 180000 THB (not over-priced for Asia-USA market post Covid).  But apparently he was referring to 180000 ANA miles.  In that case, yes, it's a bargain.

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

I am curious what you guys did in terms of "mile high club".  It doesn't appeal to me to do anything sexual in the tiny airplane toilet.   If you guys were so brave to do it in your seat, even the business class seat is still too constricted.

I didn't have the movement to fuck him in the toilet so he fucked me. He could move much more easier than me.

38 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Is a visa to the US that easy for a Thai to obtain? Certainly not  true for a Thai wishing to visit the Island Fortress of the UK.

I have never known it to be easy for a Thai. I have never gotten one for a Thai as too much work. But, someone put a lot of work into this lad before he passed away with the intention of bringing him to the US. He does have a college degree which I am sure helps and a condo.

I often wonder what travellers are looking for in business class lounges. If I am about to take a shortish flight, I want peace and quiet, a nice drink (meaning a glass of good wine - certainly not a cheap one -  or a vodka that is also not the cheapest on the market), perhaps a canapé - and that's it. I was only once able to get into the Concorde Lounge at LHR which was streets ahead of the business and first class lounges. The wines there were fabulous. But that has just been a memory for a couple of decades.

If on a plane change mid-way through the total journey, food and drink is not a priority. I fly Qatar quite a lot between Bangkok and the UK and the food and drink on board are always very good to excellent. I don't need more in the lounge at Doha. With another 6-7 hour sector ahead of me, I don't need a shower. Once again it is more peace and quiet where I can read or catch up on mundane things like emails. A no-mobile phone area is wonderful if you can find it.

When I used to take BA from Asia and had an onward flight after landing at LHR, a shower is essential for me as well as a decent breakfast (if I have been able to sleep through the service on the aircraft). A newspaper with the latest news and again peace and quiet. For that reason I totally dislike the main CX lounges at HKG. They have slate floors meaning that almost every passenger drags along their on board baggage on it, each one making a very considerable noise! I didlike the TG lounges in BKK because I find the chairs hideously uncomfortable. But those are merely my thoughts.

• Members

I was eventually going to ask here for perspective on what I paid for Qatar biz class upcoming late Fall, Montreal-BKK return. ‘Sweetspot’ transfers DOHA about 2 hours, so about 21-22 hours each way. Equivalent to 162,500 baht, $4,800USD. Air Canada biz class to São Paulo direct is now running $7,500 give-or-take, 10-hour flights and very poor meal quality (though $2,000USD summer past!), so I guess my Qatar plan, much higher-rated an airline for biz class, is a good deal. 

7 hours ago, Riobard said:

I was eventually going to ask here for perspective on what I paid for Qatar biz class upcoming late Fall, Montreal-BKK return. ‘Sweetspot’ transfers DOHA about 2 hours, so about 21-22 hours each way. Equivalent to 162,500 baht, $4,800USD. Air Canada biz class to São Paulo direct is now running $7,500 give-or-take, 10-hour flights and very poor meal quality (though $2,000USD summer past!), so I guess my Qatar plan, much higher-rated an airline for biz class, is a good deal. 

US$4800 return seems fairly reasonable to me. Depending on which business class you're getting. If it's the Q Suites and/or one of the A380 flights on on the DOH-BKK leg rather than the old 2-2-2 product on some of the 777s that's good. I booked one way IAD-DOH-BKK for 110,000 AA miles plus some taxes and fees. And after a recent aircraft change it's Q Suites all the way (unless it changes again).

I recently paid ANA about $2800 one way BKK-NRT,HND-IAD for a trip this spring with about 10 days worth of stopover in Tokyo. Unfortunately it won't be the super duper business class that OP got to experience, but their fine but not spectacular 787-9 product.

On 1/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, TotallyOz said:

I met a lad I really liked on OnlyFans

Thank you for warming my heart with this story. It made me so glad that someone gave a newfound friend who might not be so rich a business-class experience -- and an American holiday experience. I want to see the Hollywood movie of your trip. But if I may ask one question: How did you chat up your friend? Directly on OnlyFans? Did you find him on another social media platform?

21 hours ago, reader said:

What surprised me was how locals were eating fried chicken and drinking beer at 7 in the morning.

The fried chicken for breakfast thing is out of the ordinary for Japanese, but drinking beer at 7am while starting a vacation is not. Still, I'm always surprised by this behavior whenever I start a trip in Japan on a long-haul bus.

17 minutes ago, BiggusDikkus said:

The fried chicken for breakfast thing is out of the ordinary for Japanese, but drinking beer at 7am while starting a vacation is not. Still, I'm always surprised by this behavior whenever I start a trip in Japan on a long-haul bus.

I thought Japanese breakfast staple was Natto or a type of congee…

I don’t think I could do beer for breakfast. To me, early morning beverage is Bloody Mary (or, Maria when in Jalisco), unless, of course, it’s the hair of the fog that bit you… For late breakfast/brunch I enjoy well drinks: Mimosa, Screwdriver, Bellini, Campari Orange… Irish coffee is good at any time of day or night, as is tea with a generous splash of cognac or brandy (sorry, I can’t do milk with my tea).

1 hour ago, BiggusDikkus said:

But if I may ask one question: How did you chat up your friend? Directly on OnlyFans? Did you find him on another social media platform?

I met on OnlyFans which linked to Twitter which got a response from him and then conversations via LINE to meet up.

8 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I met on OnlyFans which linked to Twitter which got a response from him and then conversations via LINE to meet up.

OnlyFans blocks certain words like meet up. But, they allowed me to put my LINE ID in there for performers. Twitter is easy to communicate and that is great if they have a twitter account. Some ONLYFANS do respond to their messages but many do not. I am not sure why. If I join and pay and say great video, often no response. But, in time, sometimes it changes. I guess that just means they are inundated with messages? If so, good for them.

I currently have 2 guys I have been trying to see for a few months. Both have said yes. But, working out a time has been hard as they seem to produce at least 2-4 videos each week. There must be good money in  what they are doing.