reader

Thailand Opens to All Visitors, Recommends Health Insurance

3 hours ago, unicorn said:

Certainly an extremely important factor, probably the most important one, responsible for China's current bad state of affairs is that Xi refused Western offers for Western vaccines. It's obvious the Sinovac didn't perform as well. 

bright side is that if we ( with exception of gayinpattaya ) are vaccinated and so is Thai population at least we are protected to a great degree

i arrived back last night on a Cathay Pacific flight. No checks in HKG other than that I had a visa, no checks at BKK. Only requirement was the wearing of masks in flight except at meal time. Not sure why the visa was an issue at check-in as I have an annual visa and a flight out on 10 February. But the CX staffer would not check me in until he saw the visa in my passport!

As the doctor states at the start of that video, the right decision would have been for all countries in the world to treat all visitors to all countries equally! The implication being that there is no unanimous agreement about Chinese tourism while the pandemic is out of control in that country. I also note his comments are littered with "maybe", "could be" "I think . . ." "I expect . . ." That sure gives listeners a great deal of confidence!

From Pattaya News

China Allows Group Tours to Resume to Thailand

After three years of travel restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, China has dropped a restriction on group tours to Thailand and 19 other countries as of Friday, January 20th, 2023 in a sudden announcement.

China had previously dropped overall individual international travel restrictions earlier this month.

The Ministry of Culture and Tourism in China made the announcement, which also included countries like Russia and New Zealand.

======================

The Bangkok Post reports that an average of 34 flights from China will arrive daily between Jan. 19 and 25.