zoomomancs

Visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations

1 hour ago, gerefan said:

So when should you have had the vaccinations? 

I want to leave Thailand next week to visit Cambodia and return the here the following week.

Will my two jabs done back in April and June 2021 (nearly two years ago) be acceptable? 

According  to Bangkok Post, you are ok: 

All visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations under revised rules that coincide with the revival of travel from China, authorities said on Thursday. As well, visitors...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2476069/proof-of-covid-jabs-for-all-visitors-revived

2 hours ago, gerefan said:

So when should you have had the vaccinations? 

I want to leave Thailand next week to visit Cambodia and return the here the following week.

Will my two jabs done back in April and June 2021 (nearly two years ago) be acceptable? 

I'd not be surprised if nobody bothered to check , please let us know in due course

10 hours ago, BieBie said:

most likely airlines will have to check vaccine status at departure airport, as they would be responsible for repatriation if that might be needed

I came back recently from a trip in Colombia which require proof of vaccination,  Air France did request to scan it in advance on their website or show it at the check in process it was mandatory for boarding to the flight.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:14 AM, floridarob said:

@gayinpattaya how long is your student visa for??

Your vindictive little stab was in vein. You leftie weirdos really are pathetic. 
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2477834/some-visitors-must-show-minimum-us-10-000-health-insurance

Anyone can fly to Thailand. If you don't meet the clot shot requirements you MAY be asked to test on arrival. Can't see that happening. These requirements are only for international flight arrivals. Not land borders. I have said I didn't submit to the death injections. I didn't say I wasn't in possession of a covid vaccine certificate. I actually have 2, from 2 different countries. There are tons of websites, and even a place in Pattaya where these can be purchased. Now run along and get your booster, you clearly need it.  

6 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Your vindictive little stab was in vein. You leftie weirdos really are pathetic. 

Someone had a lot to drink last night, into the morning I'm sure 😉

6 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

I have said I didn't submit to the death injections.

No, your liver will give out long before those injections would've killed you.....

59 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

To lighten things up a bit regarding Covid - Jimmy Fallon from the Tonight Show in the USA doing a B-52 rendition of the Covid variant xbb.1.5

Hope you understood that I don't really care about the variant for myself. I worry about what the authorities will require me to do in the case of me being infected...

And of course we can think of the elderly Thai people who can't afford to be vaccinated and who are too poor to go to a decent Hospital if they are infected by Chinese visitors. A very different story from what can happen to us, rich White privileged visitors...

Ever the pessimist and with my next trip planned for March, my nightmare scenario is that the influx of Chinese tourists from a country which has yet to control the pandemic will lead to "hotspots" in Thailand in tourist areas. This could result in the Government  panicking and, before long, we could be back to the dreaded Pass- or even quarantine.

I felt for those whom the just-rescinded regulations affected but for  those who've been vaccinated ( I assume the vast majority), presenting a piece of paper at check-in wouldn't have been too much trouble. Unlike experiencing a spike in Covid cases.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

for  those who've been vaccinated ( I assume the vast majority), 

Under 69% globally (although I believe it's far lower).
Many countries under 30%, some of which provide large tourist numbers to South East Asia. 

With daily numbers of death injections at an all time low (2 milion globally) and public trust all but gone in most places, it's over. Big Pharma need to find a new way to scare people into sacrificing their health.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations