zoomomancs

Visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations

I'd suggest that, over the last twenty-five years, the age-profile of gay falang visitors has increased markedly. There were rarely men under sixty or so in the Jomtien Complex when I was last there in November. 

At the same time,  it is possible that the medication and care which we receive now for conditions associated with age is  better. Perhaps some of the over-seventies enjoying Pattaya today would not have been  around years ago?

7 hours ago, alvnv said:

Anybody who has ever used differential diagnosis would identify such tell-tale signs by just observing people. ...experienced physicians cannot help but notice some of the clues that help them do their work day in, day out.

Surely obesity can be diagnosed from afar, but no physician worth his salt would diagnose diabetes or liver malfunction from afar. I'm not sure even graduates of George Santos Medical School would attempt it.

As for drinking habits, the most comments you read on the boards is that older farangs tend to nurse a single beer all night.

There's no denying that there's a large number of old gay men living in Patttaya. As with all old men, they share some common maladies. But does it serve any purpose to lump them together as the subject of ridicule on a forum dedicated to all gay men, especially when made by younger gay men.

It's generally acknowledged that the majority of members of all three boards are older men. We know we're old and we know what are ailments are. We don't need to be reminded of that by a fellow forum member. Let's leave the clinical diagnosis to their real doctors.

44 minutes ago, reader said:

Surely obesity can be diagnosed from afar, but no physician worth his salt would diagnose diabetes or liver malfunction from afar. I'm not sure even graduates of George Santos Medical School would attempt it.

As for drinking habits, the most comments you read on the boards is that older farangs tend to nurse a single beer all night.

There's no denying that there's a large number of old gay men living in Patttaya. As with all old men, they share some common maladies. But does it serve any purpose to lump them together as the subject of ridicule on a forum dedicated to all gay men, especially when made by younger gay men.

It's generally acknowledged that the majority of members of all three boards are older men. We know we're old and we know what are ailments are. We don't need to be reminded of that by a fellow forum member. Let's leave the clinical diagnosis to their real doctors.

You obviously have no idea how an external examination of someone can reveal a lot about his health condition.

My point was only about COVID shots available at Thai Hospitals for them, and i think most needed for them. This is the topic of the thread. Being 65+ is ok, and it is wonderful they have a good time in sunny Pattaya. It is just not the topic of this thread.

7 minutes ago, MarcSingap said:

You obviously have no idea how an external examination of someone can reveal a lot about his health condition.

My point was only about COVID shots available at Thai Hospitals for them, and i think most needed for them. This is the topic of the thread. Being 65+ is ok, and it is wonderful they have a good time in sunny Pattaya. It is just not the topic of this thread.

Looking at the excess death rates sweeping the western world at the moment, I hope to god nobody takes your advice and avoids any mRNA shots. 
Luckily most people I talk to seem to be doing just that. Even those who were tricked the first time have no interest in sacrificing their health any further. Then again, I don't think I talk to anyone over the age of 65 really.

External exams, one-on-one, in a doctor's office I'm sure can help direct the physician's decision about what specific tests to order.   But from walking by bars at JC or BT, gimmie a break. Sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous.

After you've been around the forum for a while you'll notice that it's quite common for threads to stray away the  opening topic. And it was your comments on elderly farangs that took the thread in a new direction

34 minutes ago, reader said:

External exams, one-on-one, in a doctor's office I'm sure can help direct the physician's decision about what specific tests to order.   But from walking by bars at JC or BT, gimmie a break. Sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous.

After you've been around the forum for a while you'll notice that it's quite common for threads to stray away the  opening topic. And it was your comments on elderly farangs that took the thread in a new direction

yes the "elderly farangs", i am a newbie here, i didn't know there was such a strong taboo about retired farangs...

4 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

There isn't. 
But not everyone on this forum and in Thailand is at deaths door. 

Dr. John Campbell ( a nurse teacher) seems to have found his niche audience....and fulfill your narrative.

Here is a good discussion, it's a little long, so your attention span won't allow you to watch the whole thing, plus it doesn't fit your narrative.....but it explains a lot and including why people have doubts about the vaccine. 

I'll bet you a cheeseburger you don't watch more than 30-60 seconds of it:

6 hours ago, reader said:

He said old Farangs, didn't specify gay.

I'll repeat, have you seen the condition of some (most) of the old guys, particularly in Jomtien....look like death walking. 
I'm not a Dr,....but some of the guys look like they died last week and just don't know it.

Reader, Someone like yourself, doesn't  enter nearly into this category. You look healthy and active (not insinuating any sexual position preference 😉)

I never (by choice) seem to find Pattaya on my itinerary so I'll take your word for it, Rob.

And if that's indeed the case, I'm sure they all know it. Let's wish them the best as they struggle with their health issues.

Here's a reliable site where anyone can access information about any medical-related symptoms that concern them from one of the world's most respected clinics. Probably better advice than any of us can offer. 🙂

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptom-checker/select-symptom/itt-20009075

54 minutes ago, vinapu said:

young people  are dying too, from substance abuse , obesity, smoking and covid / by being unvaccinated/ , just to name a few causes 

Young people are dying of the common cold because they didn't accept mRNA gene therapy? You really are full of it. Also, I don't think "young people" die from being fat. It may bring them health issues later in life. 

Substance abuse, smoking... Well up to them. That's a choice people make and they have the right to do so. 

Young people are dying as a result of deadly mRNA injections. You can ignore the facts as much as you like, but the information is very clear and at least in European countries being released by governments. It's official figures. 

In reality, half of young people couldn't give a shit. The other half of woke progressives are probably still wearing 5 masks when they are alone in the shower. Thankfully I have no idea what is happening in the West, with no intention of finding out.  

6 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Substance abuse, smoking... Well up to them. That's a choice people make and they have the right to do so. 

correct as long as they don't saddle others with their funeral costs

6 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

Young people are dying as a result of deadly mRNA injections. 

you got me worried as who will be paying my pension

1 minute ago, vinapu said:

full of what ? 

I have only 4 chips injected, twice by Soros (pfizer ) and twice by Gates (Moderna) . Or is it other way around ?

I have no idea. I have no intent of being involved with either. If criminals in government tell me I "HAVE" to do something. I do the opposite. Even more so when it involved the USA, a terrorist state. 

7 hours ago, reader said:

Here's a reliable site where anyone can access information about any medical-related symptoms that concern them from one of the world's most respected clinics. Probably better advice than any of us can offer. 🙂

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptom-checker/select-symptom/itt-20009075

@Olddaddy Keep this link handy.....you'll love it!