zoomomancs

Visitors to Thailand must show proof of at least two Covid-19 vaccinations

10 hours ago, reader said:

Although I'm sure you can purchase one at a private hospital, all of the government hospitals and distribution programs are free. They are even inviting foreigners to participate.

it was 11$, free for 60+ , then it is again free for all in State Hospitals like in 2021 with urgent calls to quickly get a shot as the Chinese visitors are arriving.

18 hours ago, reader said:

Do you happen to recall where "somewhere" is?

I ask because expats may be interested in getting booster and wouldn't want to see them unnecessarily discouraged by rumor.

I checked with Pattaya Public Hospital and Pattaya Memorial Hospital, they have boosters available. It is important for expats there, because many are old and not in a very healthy condition (obesity). They really need some boosters and the Hospitals are well aware of it.

20 hours ago, reader said:

Do you happen to recall where "somewhere" is?

I ask because expats may be interested in getting booster and wouldn't want to see them unnecessarily discouraged by rumor.

Sorry, no, on one of the blogs here, quoting a newspaper article, I think. The article also said that Thailand did not have the, 'new' adjuvant vaccine that we have in the West, that deals with Omicron. 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

you must be kidding

Not kidding at all. I personally saw many old (65+) expats in Pattaya and Jomtien.

In central Pattaya last month, the city of retired expats, I was surprised so see at 5pm at the terraces of bars so many old expats not looking in good health. Many overweight, obesity, with diabets, maybe liver dysfunctions, obviously with drinking habits... I was quite shocked frankly.  Hope they are careful about Covid...

May I mention I am a doctor in Internal Medecine... this is why I can easily see external signs of health weaknesses. And these (many) guys I saw in Pattaya were really not in good condition. I don't judge and i wish them all the best but i know understand better why Thai authorities called them to quickly get a booster shot.

2 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

Not kidding at all. I personally saw many old (65+) expats in Pattaya and Jomtien.

In central Pattaya last month, the city of retired expats, I was surprised so see at 5pm at the terraces of bars so many old expats not looking in good health. Many overweight, obesity, with diabets, maybe liver dysfunctions, obviously with drinking habits... I was quite shocked frankly.  Hope they are careful about Covid...

May I mention I am a doctor in Internal Medecine... this is why I can easily see external signs of health weaknesses. And these (many) guys I saw in Pattaya were really not in good condition. I don't judge and i wish them all the best but i know understand better why Thai authorities called them to quickly get a booster shot.

This is a troll right? 

2 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

I was surprised so see at 5pm at the terraces of bars so many old expats not looking in good health. Many overweight, obesity, with diabets, maybe liver dysfunctions, obviously with drinking habits... I was quite shocked frankly.  Hope they are careful about Covid...

May I mention I am a doctor in Internal Medecine...

I don't judge...

Physician, heal thyself.  Luke 4:23

3 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

Not kidding at all.

I know, I tried to be sarcastic as I , like you, I can  see that  big chunk of expat population in Pattaya has that weight problem.

9 minutes ago, MarcSingap said:

Sorry I didn't know there was such a taboo to chat about health condition of expats in Thailand. Not such taboo when chatting about the local boys... 🙄 😅😅

don't worry , not taboo, nobody is blind 

59 minutes ago, MarcSingap said:

Sorry I didn't know there was such a taboo to chat about health condition of expats in Thailand. Not such taboo when chatting about the local boys... 🙄 😅😅

You claimed you don't judge but you somehow managed--from a distance--to diagnose four medical conditions and "obvious drinking habits" from a group of strangers. That must have been some medial school you attended. Most internists require battery of tests and personal exams to do the same.

33 minutes ago, reader said:

You claimed you don't judge but you somehow managed--from a distance--to diagnose four medical conditions and "obvious drinking habits" from a group of strangers. That must have been some medial school you attended. Most internists require battery of tests and personal exams to do the same.

Exactly. Another expert of nothing. 

4 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

In central Pattaya last month, the city of retired expats, I was surprised so see at 5pm at the terraces of bars so many old expats not looking in good health. Many overweight, obesity, with diabets, maybe liver dysfunctions, obviously with drinking habits... I was quite shocked frankly.  Hope they are careful about Covid.

Go back to your day job. Really. People are bored of being told how to live their lives by morons like you. 

You live your life. We will live our life. I don't give a fuck what paperwork you hold from government funded shithole school. Let me guess, you are a terrorist from the The United States Of America. GTFO. 

Those men having an afternoon beer on vacation, will live far longer lives when they avoid the poison MRNA shit you doctors are injecting into people. 

Better luck next time.