iendo

one way ticket to LOS

9 minutes ago, iendo said:

I've yet to find anywhere that says it can't be a bus or train ticket.

Good luck in trying to get that accepted by the airline which flies you into Thailand! The problem for airlines is that if the passenger fails to provide proof of exit within 30 days, it is the airline which is fined a considerable sum and is also responsible for flying the passenger back to his point of departure on the next flight out. In other words, the passenger is not permitted entry to Thailand. I cannot believe any airline employee anywhere in the world checking passengers in for Thailand flights will have the slightest clue about confirmed bus or train bookings.

8 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Good luck in trying to get that accepted by the airline which flies you into Thailand!

Well, I would have tried that option, but I found a (for this period with inflated flight prices) great round trip ticket which could very well match pre-covid prices.

EVA Air €750 direct flight AMS-BKK including hand luggage and 2 checked bags 23 kg each. 

Even if I have to change my return flight, it will still be cheaper than buying one way tickets.

I booked directly with EVA and the at checkout, they showed in big red letters that there was a €100 fuel fee.

It seemed like a good idea to get the visa done too. The process for the e-visa is not that straight forward. I can imagine that people who are not as familiar with computers might be struggling with it. I'm very curious how they are going to handle it and in which time-frame.