iendo

Last weekend in Medellin

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

No doubt Medellin(and Colombia) is a beautiful place, but there are many other beautiful places in the world too.  Let's be honest, the reason you landed in Medellin(and Colombia) is not for the beauty of the country. 

And let's be real, most of the Colombia, like the rest of Latin American countries are rundown, dirty,violent, corrupt, and lack of inferstructure.  Look at the industry club picture above, I see primitive lighting system and stage.  I don't know what other clubs you have been to in Europe or Asia, or America.  You think Industry is nice?

Yes it's true I didn't come to Colombia for the beauty of the country but for the beauty of the Colombian guy I met on line and his charming personality ,it's my first time at South America and I was very worried exactly because all you described very well ( "rundown, dirty,violent, corrupt, and lack of inferstructure ") however  I decided to keep being open minded and non-judgmental and enjoyed the trip there very much visited wonderful places like San Andres Island,Santa Marta,Cartagena and others. Maybe because I stayed at upmarket hotels in good areas almost didn't see the negative side of the country...

• Members
31 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

4b3cf40b-8e8e-4116-804e-d76161092d75_tex

He said, looking in the mirror.

You live and work in the U.S, so you can afford vacation and sex  in Latin America.  You should be thankful to the U.S.

Imagine if you still lived in Argentina...

And, of course, someone as you, originally from Latin America, will definitely have a different perspective on Latin America.  You are from there, you are one of them.  Any negative comments on Latin America will be offensive to you.

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

You struck a nerve.....and he said "you are one of them", he's getting serious now....btw, I don't care what he thinks 😝

But you had to reply on me.  You are not one of them. You are one of something. 🙄

And, why haven't you block/ignored me yet?

11 hours ago, scott456 said:

You think Industry is nice?

If that picture is what you're judging Club Industry by, you're making a mistake. They have a very high-tech lighting system, very much comparable with clubs in western countries. The vibe of the place is as an industry, factory or warehouse club should be. Absolutely 10 out of 10.
Where they fumble the ball is with their sound system, which is loud and distorted. 

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

You struck a nerve.....and he said "you are one of them", he's getting serious now....btw, I don't care what he thinks 😝

LOL. I genuinely imagine him as Cordell. Horrible inside and outside, profoundly bitter and unhappy. His desperate attempts here are pretty transparent.

• Members
4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

LOL. I genuinely imagine him as Cordell. Horrible inside and outside, profoundly bitter and unhappy. His desperate attempts here are pretty transparent.

Likewise  Someone doesn't dare to answer the question:  Does your house have iron bars all over windows and doors in the U.S.?

• Members
6 hours ago, scott456 said:

Likewise  Someone doesn't dare to answer the question:  Does your house have iron bars all over windows and doors in the U.S.?

LOL. Cordell has been in his basement for a long time, probably since the 60s riots. I live in DC.there is plenty of houses in DC and many US cities with iron bars on windows. Step out of your cave, Cordell.

• Members
29 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

LOL. Cordell has been in his basement for a long time, probably since the 60s riots. I live in DC.there is plenty of houses in DC and many US cities with iron bars on windows. Step out of your cave, Cordell.

So typical, probably copied from @alvnv above.  No, you can not equate the U.S. to Latin America no matter how you twist it.

Do you live in a house with iron bars all over?

On 3/13/2023 at 12:49 PM, floridarob said:

At your age, you should've picked up a 2nd language by now, something other than snobbish 🙄

God, I can barely speak english.  my brain is not wired for language, it is wired for math, problem solving.  I have tried!  immersion for 6 months in spanish might work,,,,...

thai, never.

It is not about trying for some of us "linguistically challenged" people...

• Members
1 hour ago, maump said:

God, I can barely speak english.  my brain is not wired for language, it is wired for math, problem solving.  I have tried!  immersion for 6 months in spanish might work,,,,...

thai, never.

It is not about trying for some of us "linguistically challenged" people...

LOL. I can relate to that. Part of my job involves interpreting conversations in English/Spanish. I always have moments when I speak in English to a Spanish speaker and vice versa. My brain gets lost when I travel to Brazil and try to learn a third tongue. 

The challenge for me is to understand spoken language. I am capable of understanding several languages when I am reading. Although not proficient, I can express myself in a few tongues. I can navigate with no significant issues in professional conversations, but social settings are very stressful because I get lost in informal language.

Me learning an Asian language? It is beyond fantasy. 

17 minutes ago, Latbear4blk said:

Me learning an Asian language? It is beyond fantasy. 

Not all Asian languages are as difficult to learn (and pronounce) as Thai, Chinese, and Korean. For example, the "island" languages in Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines have easier phonology to pronounce -- and somewhat simpler grammar.