young11

Pattaya Massage shops review 2023

• Members
9 hours ago, 12is12 said:

"Seemed very happy with tip" is an oft-repeated phrase in threads here. 

I humbly submit they seem happy even when they r not.....

I am just gonna say they really, really, really want to get hired again when I walk by.
They text me on Line “will you come today to the spa, can I be your masseur again?”

If it wasn’t enough they wouldn’t bother with me and they’d let another masseur try to grab me.

9 hours ago, 12is12 said:

"Seemed very happy with tip" is an oft-repeated phrase in threads here. 

I humbly submit they seem happy even when they r not.....

Yes you are right. If you tip well then they will show they are happy. If you tip badly then they are very disappointed but they will show they are happy not to loose face. "Not to loose face" is paramount. This is why here a smile means nothing in particular.

2 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

I am just gonna say they really, really, really want to get hired again when I walk by.
They text me on Line “will you come today to the spa, can I be your masseur again?”

If it wasn’t enough they wouldn’t bother with me and they’d let another masseur try to grab me.

It wasn't enough. This is why you are supposed to be back and tip again. 😆😆

21 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

At 700 bahts for a full extra service, you are certainly considered in all Pattaya as Cheap Cheap Charlie... 😁😁

Ok Marc, I guess I won't be going to Pattaya for a massage any time soon, I'll stick to Jomtien! 

I don't know what you mean by a "full extra service", I was referring to a massage with a happy ending.

A few thoughts or anecdotes...

On my last visit to Soda massage in January, as I was waiting with my masseur for change from the cashier after the massage, I asked him about the whiteboard on the wall near the till. It showed each boys name, in Thai, with a tick for each massage that day, so that the cashier could give them their share of the 300 baht massage fee at the end of the day. It was late in the day and, with a smile, he pointed out his name, explaining that the second tick was for me, his second customer. I took the smile to mean he was happy to have had a second customer (Sorry 12is12, I believe the smiles). The whiteboard had more than a dozen names, One was marked as "off", most had two ticks and a couple had three. I mention this because it may be one explanation for the high tips sought by the masseurs in Pattaya. Perhaps they don't have many customers, and they are determined to milk as big a tip as possible from the occasional one who succumbs?

Last summer I spent a long holiday in Jomtien. I decided that a daily, post-exercise, massage in my apartment would be a nice addition to my routine. I spoke to some of the masseurs I had come to know, asking if they knew someone who would be willing to provide the service for 500 baht. To my surprise, the three I asked from Soda massage all offered their services directly. These were traditional massages, with the masseur naked, sometimes with a happy ending. Clearly, if they were not happy with the tip they would have turned down the request. Two of these were slim twink types and the other an older guy who had been in the business for ten years.

One day I asked the older masseur what was the reality concerning tips. He felt comfortable enough to give me a very honest answer. He said that a normal tip was 300 baht and he was very happy if he got 500 baht, as that was a good tip. He also said that on a number of occasions, a customer had refused to pay him any tip, complaining that the massage was no good. He made it clear that he knew that this was just a ruse to avoid paying the tip. This had happened on a number of occasions with older retired farang, he said. I guess those customers really were cheap charlies!

Three points.

1. Pls clarify: is this tip beyond the basic sum paid to the parlor? If so, what's the basic sum? 

2. By way of comparison: for offs from J bars, massage + full sex, the fee is 1500. 

3. Maybe this discussion hings on the definition of "happy". A person might believe his service (not only sex) is worth X, but he has to make do with X-minus bcs thats what the market dictates. It doesnt make him happy. 

21 minutes ago, Finnseventy said:

Ok Marc, I guess I won't be going to Pattaya for a massage any time soon, I'll stick to Jomtien! 

I don't know what you mean by a "full extra service", I was referring to a massage with a happy ending.

On my last visit to Soda massage in January, as I was waiting with my masseur for change from the cashier after the massage, I asked him about the whiteboard on the wall near the till. It showed each boys name, in Thai, with a tick for each massage that day, so that the cashier could give them their share of the 300 baht massage fee at the end of the day. It was late in the day and, with a smile, he pointed out his name, explaining that the second tick was for me, his second customer. I took the smile to mean he was happy to have had a second customer (Sorry 12is12, I believe the smiles). The whiteboard had more than a dozen names, One was marked as "off", most had two ticks and a couple had three. I mention this because it may be one explanation for the high tips sought by the masseurs in Pattaya. Perhaps they don't have many customers, and they are determined to milk as big a tip as possible from the occasional one who succumbs?

Last summer I spent a long holiday in Jomtien. I decided that a daily, post-exercise, massage in my apartment would be a nice addition to my routine. I spoke to some of the masseurs I had come to know, asking if they knew someone who would be willing to provide the service for 500 baht. To my surprise, the three I asked from Soda massage all offered their services directly. These were traditional massages, with the masseur naked, sometimes with a happy ending. Clearly, if they were not happy with the tip they would have turned down the request. Two of these were slim twink types and the other an older guy who had been in the business for ten years.

One day I asked the older masseur what was the reality concerning tips. He felt comfortable enough to give me a very honest answer. He said that a normal tip was 300 baht and he was very happy if he got 500 baht, as that was a good tip. He also said that on a number of occasions, a customer had refused to pay him any tip, complaining that the massage was no good. He made it clear that he knew that this was just a ruse to avoid paying the tip. This had happened on a number of occasions with older retired farang, he said. I guess those customers really were cheap charlies!

I know of a Soda massage boy who, out of work hours, offers blowjobs (no anal) for 500 baht. That's his rate. And he is one of the most attractive there. 
Some boys know how to work, and make a lot of money doing it. 
Other boys will wait around all day/night for the 1 customer who will give them 1500 short time. (bar boys/freelancers) 

Gay and Finn, 

Ur posts r great examples for what I've suggested in my "why not post" thread. 

Is there any reason not to ask the guys u mentioned (BJ 500, home massage) if they'd like u to post here their contact info? If they say no - nothing lost; if they say yes - u'll b doing both them and us a favor.

1 hour ago, Finnseventy said:

Yes just massage 300. With limited happy ending blow job, hand job, 500. 

54 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

I know of a Soda massage boy who, out of work hours, offers blowjobs (no anal) for 500 baht. That's his rate. And he is one of the most attractive there. 
Some boys know how to work, and make a lot of money doing it. 
Other boys will wait around all day/night for the 1 customer who will give them 1500 short time. (bar boys/freelancers) 

Exactly. 500 is ok for massage with hand job.

4 minutes ago, young11 said:

Regarding the tips, I didn't wanna start a long discussion because we will never reach a consensus here. The reason is that our benchmark is very different for every person and the market is always changing. Also many people who paid less will not reveal what they paid because they get called cheap2charlie. So the information on this forum can be very tilted in terms of the actual pay. That's why I kept the tip part short in my review.

If you ask me, compared to well established places in Bangkok, I felt like Pattaya was expensive. The min tip used to be 700 to 1500 in Bangkok before pandemic. I still found it expensive because my type is hard to find in Thailand. But I never hired after the pandemic in Bangkok so I wouldn't know the market. As far as I see from one place that has its min tip public, it is still 700 in Bangkok...so Pattaya should be lower because the cost of living in Pattaya is lower for the boys. 

But when I hired this time in Pattaya, it was a busy touristy season (Jan after opening from pandemic) so I don't know how the market was. If there are so many tourists who are willing to pay 1500 for extra ( full service) then yes the market is different and the boys won't accept lower amounts because another customer can give them that amount. But I doubt that amount would last after February. I know 1500 as a tip is high because the top boys offer the same thing on the app for 1500 or even lower. Much better experience because you do it at your home instead of the massage place and you agree on what you would do in advance etc but you can't control much in the massage place. I had one guy who offered me 1000 massage and full service and he wanted to come to me every night, even by missing his work shift. When I asked for threesome he easily found another guy for 1000 to join. I didn't like that guy because he had hard time getting hard so I didn't hire them again but they still wanted to meet again for the same amount. I asked a few more guys on the app, most will offer 1500 but they will immediately lower it when you say not interested. I never like this sort of negotiation so even if they offer a lower price I never hire them. I only hire boys who offer the right price initially and stick to it. They are the smart one and easy to deal with. Boys who negotiate prices are tricky and difficult to deal with but that's just me. Overall in Pattaya I had many offers for 1000 to 1200 on the app for full service but none of them were attractive enoughOverall in Pattaya I had many offers for 1000 to 1200 on the app for full service but none of them were attractive enough to devote my time and money. I asked their price just to know the market. So in my opinion if you are tipping 1500 at a massage place in Pattaya and think the others who pay less are cheap2charlie, you might be just overpaying and inflating the market...

finally I compare the rates to different places in the world. In Vietnam and Cambodia you pay far less than Thailand. But the guys are hotter... Those places are hard to find because not much information is available online. Now if I compare the rates in Pattaya to Colombia and Brazil, Thai boys are really overpriced but that might be just my type problem so I kept my comment on tips short...

Fully agree.  As you say "Overall in Pattaya I had many offers for 1000 to 1200 on the app for full service but none of them were attractive enough". Less than 1500 is only with non attractive guys. This is why I pay 1500 to catch the good ones 😆🤣.

It’s strange. I tip based on how good the massage and extras are rather than how attractive the masseur is. I’d much rather have excellent extras than a pretty face. 

I’d been reading the thread and thinking what a cheapskate some were until I realised that many are talking about different things. I typically want a massage and full service rather than a HJ. I’m therefore very willing to tip 1500B if I get what I want and it’s good. For the exceptional, I’ll pay more. I wouldn’t take a massage with just a HJ and would stop them and just pay for the massage. 

2 hours ago, young11 said:

I never like this sort of negotiation so even if they offer a lower price I never hire them. I only hire boys who offer the right price initially and stick to it. They are the smart one and easy to deal with. Boys who negotiate prices are tricky and difficult to deal with but that's just me.

Price negotiation (bargaining, haggling) is a big part of some cultures, where it’s considered an art - not trickery, and is often expected in transactional activities. As much as I, personally, do not like it (and clearly, am quite bad at it), when in Rome, I try not to bring my big, colonialist hat with me.

24 minutes ago, alvnv said:

Price negotiation (bargaining, haggling) is a big part of some cultures, where it’s considered an art - not trickery, and is often expected in transactional activities. As much as I, personally, do not like it (and clearly, am quite bad at it), when in Rome, I try not to bring my big, colonialist hat with me.

Or a flag, for that matter

36 minutes ago, alvnv said:

If you don't bargain (a little) it means you do not try to understand that some cultures and different. In Arab countries, not willing to bargain is very disrespectful... unless you are an American (Americans are well known to understand nothing that is not american, so no offense, not their fault, just lack of education)...

12 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Bowing down or how exactly is with respect, lol

Thats funny because i have quite never seen a farang bowing correctly (i avoid to bow, very hard to do it correctly). Always funny to see a farang bowing too little, not moving the head, like an Indian. Or bowing really too much, with the hands too high on the face, in front of a boy like if this boy was the Grand Priest of the Royal Temple of Phra Kaew !!

25 minutes ago, forky123 said:

I don’t bargain usually. Either the price they ask is what I’m willing to pay or I move on. I always feel that someone I’ve agreed is worth what they ask is likely to give me a better time than someone I’ve haggled with to the nth degree. Works for me and still a fraction of what I would pay here. 

"I’ve haggled with to the nth degree"

Haha maybe you get confused and practice the arabic bargaining in Thailand ?

Bargain in the Blue Market of Sharjah takes 2 or 3 hours for a quality carpet.

With a massage boy in Bangkok, for massage+sex the Thai bargain is just : he gives you his price (2000), you laugh and offer less (1000), he lowers his first offer (1500) and you are supposed to accept or leave. And that's it !! That's the game. Easy, short and everybody is happy !

2 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

With a massage boy in Bangkok, for massage+sex the Thai bargain is just : he gives you his price (2000), you laugh and offer less (1000), 

why would you laugh ? I'd find it disrespectful . Just counteroffer without any grimaces

sorry for repeating floridarob thesis but I posted before I read that post