reader

STDs up, condom use down among Pattaya sex workers

• Members

i was quite surprised that masseurs and freelancers from grindr never use condom. I have had a few hires recently and none of them had a condom or initiate it. I brought it and used it but they seem to be ok without protection. Is it because people there do not understand the risks well or are they on prep so they don't care?

What is even more surprising was the russians who would frequent the sauna never use condoms. One hot russian on grindr contacted me but he was clear that he wanted BB on his profile so i didn't take up the offer. I think the HIV prevalence in Russia is worse...

It's been reported more than a few times in this Board in recent years that younger Thais increasingly favour BB sex. It seems to be common in the Thai-for-Thai saunas dotted around the outskirts of Bangkok. Given the reduced amount of sex education in schools, in particular relating to HIV and how to avoid catching it, it is sadly not surprising. 

6 hours ago, young11 said:

i was quite surprised that masseurs and freelancers from grindr never use condom. I have had a few hires recently and none of them had a condom or initiate it. I brought it and used it but they seem to be ok without protection. Is it because people there do not understand the risks well or are they on prep so they don't care?

What is even more surprising was the russians who would frequent the sauna never use condoms. One hot russian on grindr contacted me but he was clear that he wanted BB on his profile so i didn't take up the offer. I think the HIV prevalence in Russia is worse...

History often repeats itself.  Many gay men today were not alive during nor did they endure / experience HIV / AIDS.  I did.  Many men I slept with didn't survive.  Many other friends didn't, either.  I'm offended when I read of people posting here who almost bragging talk about risky sexual behavior ... which places all of us and their partners at risk.  The Money Boys or GPs in Brazil who engage in risky sex practices place us at risk, too.

What many people fail to understand that for many years contracting HIV was a death sentence. Get it from sex, blood transfusions or another exchange of bodily fluids and AIDS was bound to follow, then an extremely unpleasant long, lingering death. I had one friend who was so utterly and passionately devoted to his younger South American lover, after his death from AIDS in 1991 he simply could not consider another relationship. He himself did not pass away until 2017.

A friend of mine who also lives here in Pattaya was talking about this the other day. He has been here over a decade so has seen a lot change, and his understanding of the language is a big thing. He was telling me how many of the boys now worryingly really don't care about HIV. He actually points the blame partially at organisations such as Swing. Swing do HIV tests, put boys on PREP for free, and also free HIV medications. The problem is, in trying to remove the taboo around HIV, many of the boys see it as no problem to catch it, as Swing will just give them pills. 

This isn't an attack on Swing. There are a great charity. It's just a friends perspective on how things are currently, especially around Jomtien Complex. 

4 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

The problem is, in trying to remove the taboo around HIV, many of the boys see it as no problem to catch it, as Swing will just give them pills. 

you got it right, actually I heard such underscored  sentence , almost word for word spoken by one of  my masseurs  when we talked about the subject

5 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

put boys on PREP for free, and also free HIV medications.

Just another way for big Pharma to make money , Making you put things in your ass so they can sell you things to put down your throat.

What sort of Terrorist state supports this.......Do you think it really works or are you just being a sheep!