Pyrrhus

Trip report Bangkok, Pattaya January 2023

4 hours ago, Pyrrhus said:

Day 3

I was feeling kind of tired, ....... I was just totally zonked. So day three ended alone, 

I thought it's just me but it looks that curse of day 3 is more widespread.

Jet lag wise it's usually my worst day, and after that everything should go well.

Glad to hear that Senso offer expanded, there were only 4-6 guys when I was there shortly after re-opening . Trying to overcharge is just disgrace, thank you for the warning.

41 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I thought it's just me but it looks that curse of day 3 is more widespread.

Strange.. I thought that you have to suffer for the first day after arrival, but it seems that you've to suffer even more after that? :)

5 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Strange.. I thought that you have to suffer for the first day after arrival, but it seems that you've to suffer even more after that? :)

I think on 1st and 2nd day we feel more excited and running on an adrenaline and then nature claims what is her own and chasing us to sleep. 

It's why at destination I have it on day 3 ( not only in Thailand)  but upon return home, right away

22 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I think on 1st and 2nd day we feel more excited and running on an adrenaline and then nature claims what is her own and chasing us to sleep. 

It's why at destination I have it on day 3 ( not only in Thailand)  but upon return home, right away

Good point. Makes perfect sense

I think depending on my arrival time it's usually day 2 or 3 where the jetlag is worst.

Thanks for these great reports. I am about T-8 weeks from Bangkok.

Somebody needs to get over to Zoo Spa and Onsen to tell me if it's worth it. 🙂 The boys they post on Line every day are just about all perfect.

5 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I think depending on my arrival time it's usually day 2 or 3 where the jetlag is worst.

surprisingly perhaps I noticed that jet lags are milder if on longest leg nobody sits beside, looks that enough of elbow space helps too.

Late arrival should be mitigating factor too as being tired corresponds with nightfall even if our body thinks otherwise

32 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

I usually try to arrive late night like 11pm or midnight so I can go directly to bed. 

alone? that's outright sin.

I always  do at least round walk Suriwong , soi 6, Silom, Patpong 2, Suriwong , Thaniya, Silom by soi 4  just to get grasp of what is going on and sometimes like last Oct I get lucky 

Also in my upcoming trip I'll arrive to Bangkok at 06:00 AM at that moment in my home country time will be 01:00 AM, so 5 hour difference. Idk, maybe it's not that big of a difference to experience worst jetlag but still I wonder how it will be. And check-in will be at 02:00 PM so Idk what to do in that time frame with my bags.

4 hours ago, gytis123 said:

Also in my upcoming trip I'll arrive to Bangkok at 06:00 AM at that moment in my home country time will be 01:00 AM, so 5 hour difference. Idk, maybe it's not that big of a difference to experience worst jetlag but still I wonder how it will be. And check-in will be at 02:00 PM so Idk what to do in that time frame with my bags.

I've seldom had issues checking in early. It will take a while to get from the airport to the hotel at that time of day. If the hotel has rooms available they will probably check you in. But if you're concerned I would contact them directly to see what their policy is. They might charge a small amount to check in early. In any case probably 99.9% of hotels will be able to hold your bags for you until check in time.

26 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

In any case probably 99.9% of hotels will be able to hold your bags for you until check in time.

It would be great if they at least can keep my bags and luggage until check in. In the mean time I can wander around and get to know the area or go to get some massage.

8 hours ago, floridarob said:

Because that's when you met me?

yes, and before that I met that guy in bar I mistook  for you but primary because after we parted ways  I took a walk i advised and met that Tawan hunk whom I took home to help me unpack luggage. Never mind that luggage did not arrive  until following day late afternoon and having nothing to do we went right to exercises.

2 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I've seldom had issues checking in early. It will take a while to get from the airport to the hotel at that time of day. If the hotel has rooms available they will probably check you in. But if you're concerned I would contact them directly to see what their policy is. They might charge a small amount to check in early. In any case probably 99.9% of hotels will be able to hold your bags for you until check in time.

Early checking may depend on property . Raya seems to be strict as few times they did not check me early when for sure they had free rooms - like in Dec 2021, no hotel was full. But you are right, contact property , some may be vary accommodating , others not so. Holding luggage is sure think though. My concern in early arrival is to have access to shower etc. Massage places with shower may not be opened that early.

to avoid what iffs  and unnecessary pleading  in case of  late night  / early morning arrival I ordered myself to have policy of booking cheap room for night before  in one of affordables in the area ( Pavillion, Wall Street, Nantra Silom, Pula Silom,  sometimes Tarntawan , Baan Silom or even Furama Silom have good deals ) and advise hotel I will be coming late.  That way for 30$  if not less I have piece of mind, access to shower and the sea and don't need to worry where to store luggage and brush the teeth.

In short exactly as jimbill advised above.

the same policy I employ when leaving late at night. For that and previous night I utilize one of cheapies so no need to worry about luggage and most important in BKK climate - no need to board a plane at say 1 am when my last shower was at noon .

16 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

Many hotels will also charge a reasonable amount for a late checkout so you don't have to move hotels. I've paid like $50 for a 9PM checkout  at some places.

we are getting to slippery subject of what reasonable is, all that while waiting for day 4 of original subject of this thread