Pyrrhus

Trip report Bangkok, Pattaya January 2023

On 1/17/2023 at 12:18 PM, fedssocr said:

I usually try to arrive late night like 11pm or midnight so I can go directly to bed. This upcoming trip I arrive at 6:30 AM. That is going to be a real test.

coming from usa, the flight gets in at 11 pm, so at hotel 1230am which is afternoon for my body.  perfect time to get my first man.....

On 1/17/2023 at 2:45 AM, vinapu said:

I think on 1st and 2nd day we feel more excited and running on an adrenaline and then nature claims what is her own and chasing us to sleep. 

It's why at destination I have it on day 3 ( not only in Thailand)  but upon return home, right away

i used to work rotating shift.  when you transition to night shift, first day is ok.  tired at end of shift.  but then you don't sleep well during the day.  second and third day are always the worst until you get sleep back in order....

20 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I've seldom had issues checking in early. It will take a while to get from the airport to the hotel at that time of day. If the hotel has rooms available they will probably check you in. But if you're concerned I would contact them directly to see what their policy is. They might charge a small amount to check in early. In any case probably 99.9% of hotels will be able to hold your bags for you until check in time.

I agree, almost any hotel will let you park you luggage and go out for exploration.  if you want to get to the room early, there will be a fee.  for me at trinity in silom it was 500b this last trip. shit, shower shave and went back out for food, massage.