Barra

Santiago de Chile or Buenos Aires

• Members

Depending on where you are coming from, night life can be challenging in Buenos Aires, usually starts after midnight. Rentboy scene in Buenos Aires maybe hard for a foreigner, because they will try to scam you with the current crisis and exchange complications. Check the offer in soytuyo.com and in Skokka.com. 

I do not know about hotels, I prefer Airbnb. But you have all the international chains in both. Buenos Aires and Santiago.

• Members

I agree with @Latbear4blk I had lots of fun in Buenos Aires on regular month-long visits, but it was difficult to get to know people.

Chronic lateness can be rather irritating when you have dates. Crime is also a problem and I always preferred hotels for their good security. 

I paid 2 visits to Chile but to me, it seemed a much more conservative society. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Riobard said:

I understand there is a summit this month to further explore a common BRL/ARS currency, perhaps even eventually including other South American nations. We may be at some point paying in Sul to ‘go south on’ a guy. 

Erratum: strike my post. Sur (not Sul) and may only be for bilateral trade etc, not like € common currency. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Riobard said:

I understand there is a summit this month to further explore a common BRL/ARS currency, perhaps even eventually including other South American nations. We may be at some point paying in Sul to ‘go south on’ a guy. 

I am not following the developments on deep, but my understanding is that it would be only for commerce, replacing U$S as reference. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am not following the developments on deep, but my understanding is that it would be only for commerce, replacing U$S as reference. 

Just did a long read of the coverage in El País - Argentina (with Malbec in hand) and that is correct. There are several international markets looking to move off the USD as the trade exchange benchmark and move to using a local agreed-upon exchange point,  as the cost savings are substantial for regional trade between the two countries. Argentina and Brazil are just two countries openly engages in this talk.