bkkmfj2648

Reopening of the Boyz Music bar / disco in Pattaya in BoyzTown

It was reported over in the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum SGT forum

that the former Boyz Music bar / disco has reopened in Pattaya - in BoyzTown.

Boyz_Music.jpg.bf625967e10c8054fbcae3d2243981b2.jpg

Can anyone confirm ?

I checked their former facebook page but it is not updated.

https://www.facebook.com/BoyzMusic2019/

Their pre-Covid 2019 information implies that you can dance there and watch their shows.

Rumor says that it will open from 1:30am until 4am.  (??? special license since the normal closing time is 2am ???)

yes, this is my problem because as you know - I am usually in bed by midnight.

but, if I knew that this NEW club / disco was really operational and open then I could take a disco nap from 10pm until 12 midnight and then head over to Boyztown to check it out.

I would hate to do that and everything is already closed because of the 2am curfew.....

Edited by bkkmfj2648
fix typo

7 hours ago, spoon said:

Pre-covid, around 1.30am, all guys from bbb will move to boyz music.

Hi @spoon - do you know if you can dance there ?

or is it the ever so typical - falang sit and falang drink type of place ?

I saw in one of their pre-Covid videos on their facebook page that people (customers) were dancing - even on the stage  :>))

On 1/21/2023 at 11:44 AM, bkkmfj2648 said:

I would hate to do that and everything is already closed because of the 2am curfew.....

There actually isn't a curfew. All that Chink-virus shit is finished. You can party till dawn if you go to the right places. 
If you want to get into the finer details of closing times and corruption, you have to look into to zoning of different areas, and also the brides paid to specific police districts. 
Walking street and central Pattaya is classed as an entertainment zone. They are allowed to open till 2am. Many of the late night venues (Sinlapin) stay open much later. The correct amount of money found it's way to the correct pockets. 

If you want to look at the mess that is Jomtien Complex, you will have a headache. Jomtien Complex is classed as a residential zone. Keep in mind it was build as an office complex, never intended to be bars. That means everything has to be closed by midnight (00:00). It's also located on royal land, because of the residence up towards Pratumnak. Bars that are staying open till 2am in Jomtien Complex are paying 6000 a month for that privilege. Some bars refuse (BuBu Bar) for instance. They close at midnight. This is also the reason gogo bars are not allowed in Jomtien, with the exception of the 1 girly gogo bar near the beach that has a legacy exemption. I bet that was costly! 

10 hours ago, gerefan said:

I did a tour of all the Gogo bars in BT last week. Visited them all including BBB but didn’t stay as the boys on stage were wearing a LOT more than I was!! 

well you did not visit X-Boys as they were definitely naked with their cocks on BIG display.

They even did a fuck show where the guy who is being fucked by a stronger guy is brought to your lap - instead of "lap dancing" -->> it is a form of "lap fucking"

X-Boys.jpg.216e4e9335d70014d612d0a28030043b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/xboyspattaya/

X-Boys_2.jpg.9902cb7540d3af1ad366fd4be51d2cf8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/100064714895257/videos/544059427654982

Edited by bkkmfj2648
fix typo

15 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

What kind of music does the DJ play?

Awesome that you thought to ask some questions, and got right to the point! With the backdrop in that first photo of the stage I would have guessed the DJs play Goa trance.

I'll try to take a post-1 a.m. peek inside the place later this month and see if it's any fun. Actually, I'm looking forward to doing just that!

Judging from the layout and all the bottle prices listed on the menu, I'd say the place is trying mimic the N.A.B. business model of drawing groups of young people -- maybe bar boys, maybe bar girls, maybe a smattering of each -- whose bars have closed but want a fun place to keep on drinking. To excess.

Quite a change as I believe that premises used to house a piano bar.

Now I have a question for board members: Has anyone actually stayed in a BoyzTown hotel recently? The last time I stayed at The Ambiance I swore I'd never stay in BoyzTown again as an outdoor bar on that soi would turn itself into a karaoke joint every night and attract some customers who screeched at the top of their lungs until the sun came up. It was torture.

Or maybe some board members have some new hotel recommendations?

I stayed at Classroom in November but left after one night because of all the street noise -- and because of pillows that even Fred Flinstone would have found too hard. The manager understood and was kind enough to give me a refund for the nights I did not stay. She also said I could have called in the middle of the night and requested softer pillows. From the Classroom I went to the Avani Pattaya Resort, but that was way too expensive. So I'm open to new suggestions.

We too were driven-out of Ambience and moved to the Agate in Jomtien....but , much as we love the hotel facilities, we miss Pattaya. In fact, most days we get the bus there.

I've heard  recommendations for those big hotels on the other side of Second Road...Welcome Plaza? Royal Twins? Only 100metres from Boyztown.