reader

Want to do something special for a guy?

Covid vaccine jabs are available free to Thais and some expats, but if you have a regular guy from one of the other ASEAN countries who's not adequately vaccinated you could take him to one of the locations offering the vaccine for a price.

From The Nation

The Public Health Ministry on Tuesday asked provinces nationwide to open vaccination centres so foreign tourists can get affordable Covid-19 jabs.

Ministry permanent secretary Opas Karnkawinpong said the move is part of measures to contain Covid-19 as Thailand is a top destination for international travellers.

Vaccines procured by the government would be available at the centres, he added.

Opas also confirmed that foreign residents such as businesspeople, workers and diplomats can still receive free vaccine jabs.

Foreign travellers can receive Covid jabs at Bang Rak Medical Centre and the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention in Bangkok. He added that Covid vaccination is also available in tourism provinces such as Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket.

"Several agencies including the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and medical schools have submitted requests to set up vaccination points for foreign tourists," he said.

He added that the Institute of Dermatology and Rajavithi Hospital are the main vaccination points for foreign tourists as both are located near tourist hotels and have staff who are fluent in foreign languages.

"The department has laid on [hospital] public relations staff who are proficient in English and Chinese," he said.

AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs are priced at 800 baht and 1,000 baht, respectively. He added that foreign tourists must pay a 380-baht medical service fee on top of the jab cost.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40024303

21 hours ago, reader said:

Covid vaccine jabs are available free to Thais and some expats, but if you have a regular guy from one of the other ASEAN countries who's not adequately vaccinated you could take him to one of the locations offering the vaccine for a price.

From The Nation

The Public Health Ministry on Tuesday asked provinces nationwide to open vaccination centres so foreign tourists can get affordable Covid-19 jabs.

Ministry permanent secretary Opas Karnkawinpong said the move is part of measures to contain Covid-19 as Thailand is a top destination for international travellers.

Vaccines procured by the government would be available at the centres, he added.

Opas also confirmed that foreign residents such as businesspeople, workers and diplomats can still receive free vaccine jabs.

Foreign travellers can receive Covid jabs at Bang Rak Medical Centre and the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention in Bangkok. He added that Covid vaccination is also available in tourism provinces such as Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket.

"Several agencies including the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and medical schools have submitted requests to set up vaccination points for foreign tourists," he said.

He added that the Institute of Dermatology and Rajavithi Hospital are the main vaccination points for foreign tourists as both are located near tourist hotels and have staff who are fluent in foreign languages.

"The department has laid on [hospital] public relations staff who are proficient in English and Chinese," he said.

AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs are priced at 800 baht and 1,000 baht, respectively. He added that foreign tourists must pay a 380-baht medical service fee on top of the jab cost.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40024303

It's a good idea. The lad I'm seeing asked for perfume.

• Members
On 1/24/2023 at 7:46 AM, reader said:

Who is going to get AstraZeneca these days when Pfizer is an option?

I would like to solicit input relative to the actual subject line of this thread … "Want to do something special for a guy" 

If you have a 'special' Thai guy and really want to do something 'special' for him… What would he consider 'special' as contrasting to what I might consider 'special' … For me it might be dinner at a really nice restaurant but then he likely could care less. Maybe giving him some cash with the specific instructions to send it home to mother… He might consider that 'special', I would likely not. I would really value some input from guys with experience in such transactions… Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, jvt22222 said:

"Want to do something special for a guy" 

...... I would really value some input from guys with experience in such transactions… Thanks in advance.

Wise not only  in respect to guys but everybody we wish to treat, look at all those unwanted gifts, our houses, are full of after every Christmas and birthday

Latest iphone, gold necklace, expensive perfume or, cheaper, a visit to a 'destination' like a waterpark or whatever that he can put photos of it online to show to his friends and gain face. I once hit the spot giving my favourite Vietnamese man a tablet so he could watch football and films on it with his mates. 

• Members
12 hours ago, zoomomancs said:

Latest iphone, gold necklace, expensive perfume or, cheaper, a visit to a 'destination' like a waterpark or whatever that he can put photos of it online to show to his friends and gain face. I once hit the spot giving my favourite Vietnamese man a tablet so he could watch football and films on it with his mates. 

Since quite few of them are straight, what do you guys think about buying them the girl of their choice? 

Like giving them 2 hours alone in your hotel room with a Patpong girl that they like (and you have paid for the girl’s time obviously). 

How is that likely to be received? 

I'm not into material things....If I came across a guy that I liked so much, that I wanted to help him. It would be time consuming but doable if you lived there. Help him open a small business (not Bar) for when he get's older and this profession won't provide for him, he'll have something to fall back after.

A MAJOR task for sure....has anyone done this with someone, tell me what were your nightmares 😉

On 1/27/2023 at 9:03 PM, Tartegogo said:

Since quite few of them are straight, what do you guys think about buying them the girl of their choice?

That strikes me as asking for trouble. You're buying her as a commodity, in order to show him that he's something more than a commodity?  Think about the social dynamics in terms of Thai culture. Who gains or loses face, remembering that face is not a zero-sum game?  And it's a three-way (at least) transaction, so even more complicated.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:03 PM, Tartegogo said:

Actually  once  I had Pattaya, guy with me in BKK and this, was his suggestion of perting gift, no that I ever promised him that so it was easy to dismiss. 

Once I treat my straight guy a massage, at a legit place that didnt offer any happy ending. He chose a lady, i chose my regular guy and we were massaged in a couple room. Parting gift was a branded workout t-shirt and some chocolates for the GF lol. 

Having said that, all of them would surely appreciate money more than any other gifts. Just up their tips, or gift them surprise money envelope as gift. 

I hate receiving gifts other than money, as it's usually stuff I don't want and/or don't need. For that reason, I don't give gifts, only money, but in very few cases. The few money boys who have performed well on several encounters get a bonus on 5th encounter (that would be 500 THB on top of the 1000 I usually pay).

My Thai friends either are wealthy enough not to need monetary gifts from me, or not deserving due to character flaws (I pay them what we agreed to, and that's it).

In all those years, there is just one boy in Cambodia (not a money boy), where I feel that my money can make a difference (he likes to travel, but money is the limiting factor) and I passed him a few notes (against his initial protest).

Most boys I know would just squander the money. If you want to make the boy happy, it doesn't matter how he spends it, but I would only give money that I know is being spent on purposes I approve of. When it comes to squandering my money, I rather do it myself.

10 hours ago, spoon said:

Having said that, all of them would surely appreciate money more than any other gifts.

I must be money boy because I, m exactly the same. 

Did that trick once on boy who wanted some branded shirt, off we went Silom Center to inspect garment, it was about 1000 so I said too expensive. Next morning I gave him tip and extra 1000 with instruction " go and  buy shirt, I changed my mind". You guessed rightly, never happened. I, m sure he appreciated the lesson.