12is12

Why don't we post Grindr profiles?

On 2/9/2023 at 3:39 AM, bkkmfj2648 said:

Below is an example from the K Man Spa shop where each masseur has his own distinct profile with his contact and booking details.               https://kmanspa.blogspot.com/p/kmanspa.html

Why doesn't this type of approach exist here in Jomtien / Pattaya ?

KM_spa_example.jpg.b5c5bdc4e2525c9bf7656b9d42504af2.jpg

Wow... You picked the most sexy guy from their website to make screenshot of... (in my opinion). 

Will probabaly have to contact Kmanspa next time I'm in Bangkok... 

On 2/9/2023 at 8:55 AM, MarcSingap said:

BTW Zack is a really good bottom boy 😁 I enjoyed him a lot...

OK... Now I DEFINITELY have to go check Zack out... 

1 hour ago, emiel1981 said:

Wow... You picked the most sexy guy from their website to make screenshot of... (in my opinion). 

Will probabaly have to contact Kmanspa next time I'm in Bangkok... 

Yes of course!!  Since we have similar tastes in men  :>))

I cannot wait to hear your trip report after you have already been with Zack at the Kmanspa.....

Turns out that Marc - who vehemently criticised my suggestion to share info about providers - examplified its benefits with Zack. 

BKK posted Zack's public profile pic, and Marc recommended him. That's exactly what I'm calling on all of us to do more: WITHOUT private info or pics; with public info that the provider himself posts.

No 

Those apps exhibit profiles, sometimes 'marketed' by official or non-official providers. 

What I suggested here is that members who had met with those providers - post providers public name&fotos and add a short rcmndtion ("Zack is s really good btm boy") or warning ("X is a cheat and doesnt look like his fotos"). 

It's similar to a "reviews" section. It would immensly help us to identify quality guys, and help worthy providers get more clients. 

1 hour ago, colmx said:

Isn't the purpose of the Gay Romeo, Grinder and Other Hookup Sites - Gay Guides Forum exactly for doing what is suggested in this thread?

If that were true shouldn't providers have the opportunity to reply in kind by identifying clients who cheat or treat them poorly? Maybe a "Cheap Charlie Forum."

1 hour ago, reader said:

If that were true shouldn't providers have the opportunity to reply in kind by identifying clients who cheat or treat them poorly? Maybe a "Cheap Charlie Forum."

who knows , perhaps they have something like that, we just don't know about it ?

Rarely but from time to time boys are trying to take my picture and not always in formal suit I haste to add 

Colmx , Alvnv:

Of course I'm aware of that subsection. If u click on it u'll c it's poor offerings: during the last year there r only 9 posts, 7 of which deal with apps rather than with providers. 

It is a matter of fact that members here prefer to post reports on the countries/cities subsections. In these posts they also mention hookups with providers (good or bad), almost always WITHOUT adding the essential details (public foto and name) which would make the report beyond intrstng - also USEFUL. 

The very existence of that subsection (to which both of u referred me) proves that criticism of my suggestion (as flaunting privacy rules/norms) is totally unwarranted. 

Of course, members who want to abide by the organizational chart of this website could add a referral/link to their report in a country/city forum: "see full review in the apps forum". To wit, none do. I'd find such a procedure redundant and bothersome. 

I therefore urge all of us, in line with this website's rational (exhibited also by the existence of the apps forum) to add the public identifying details of providers - for the benefit of all here. (-:

39 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

I therefore urge all of us, in line with this website's rational (exhibited also by the existence of the apps forum) to add the public identifying details of providers - for the benefit of all here. (-:

Good luck. 
There is a reason the "photos" subforum is not public. That's because copyrighted, both commercial and personal media is posted there. It could result in civil or criminal prosecutions in many countries.
The days of the internet being a wild west free-for-all where pretty much anything goes are long gone. 

You cannot take photos from someone's social media or gay apps and repost it here, or another website. You may do it anyway and simply not care, but it certainly opens you up to legal problems, and more important this website.

If you used the excuse that "providers" as you call these people, wouldn't know about it or don't have the resources to do anything about it, which is how people like you often think, then we will all see your true colours.

As gayguides is hosted with Mojohost, the same hosting provider my company use, I can assure you that Brad and his team are excellent at dealing with DMCA take-down notices and complying with lawsuits both in the US and EU. 

It wasnt taken down or commented upon or warned against by management. Neither was the grindr foto of Jose recently posted by me in the DR forum. 

If and when management issues contravening guidelines, I m sure everyone will abide by them, including yours truly.

5 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

It wasnt taken down or commented upon or warned against by management. Neither was the grindr foto of Jose recently posted by me in the DR forum. 

If and when management issues contravening guidelines, I m sure everyone will abide by them, including yours truly.

The world isn't perfect. It's up to the website owners to run their website how they wish. I'm not commenting on anyone's actions here, only stating things from a legal perspective. 

Murder is illegal in most of the world. Doesn't mean people don't commit murder. 

Beyond the legal implications, there's the dignity of the guy involved to be considered. I think we're agreed that they're all young men. They won't be able to remain in the game for a career and at some point will have to move on.

Our postings, even if they are positive and made with a guy's permission, don't easily go away. There's no point in us doing anything that embarrasses or negatively affects their future.

It's one thing to share information with someone you know in a private message. It's another altogether to share intimate details of an affair with the internet.

Reading this thread has caused me to rethink my own criteria for posting going forward.

I don't see any reason to publicly post personal experience (positive or negative) of a named or pictured individual--with or without permission.

The internet today is not the same one we first became familiar with a few decades ago. It has the power to ruin lives with a click.

This board provides a great platform to exchange views and information without pushing the envelope. As some posters regularly demonstrate, it's indeed possible to post interesting--seductive  and titillating even--reports without resorting to identifying playmates.

Hi Reader,

What should we do in the case when the guys specifically ask us to give them publicity in these forums?

A few minutes ago on the other forum, Sawatdee, a fellow forum member asked us to recommend the best massage shop in Jomtien.  I posted a picture of my favorite shop using a photo that was given to me by that shop - as their owner/boss recently refurbished the shop and bought all of the guys a new type of massage shop team shirt.  The team posed for the photo and I was asked to publish it as I told the guys that this question was being solicited in Sawatdee.

I would hate that we cannot help our local guys when they ask us to do it.

In my post - nothing sexual was written - no names were given - just an honest opinion about this massage shop.

Giving general recommendations about a business isn't anything different than what happens on sites like Trip Advisor.  You weren't describing a particular individual.

It's up to each of us to individually determine how we conduct ourselves on public forums like this. I can only describe my feelings on the matter.

I just don't want to post anything that might cause harm to an individual in his future.