forrestreid

Bali - map of gay places

Banana spa is a name I know from the past and it's good to see they are still going, I had visited that spa 3 times previously (pre covid) and all 3 visits were mid afternoon, on each visit there was only 4 boys to choose from. All 3 visits were 2hr massage and scrubs and they did a very good job on the massage, quite strong and just enough touching in the right spots to indicate extras were on offer. The first 2 times the boys were both bottoms and gave fantastic lip service for afters and at a good price (🤗). The last visit the boy was top but unfortunately he really wanted a price I thought was way too high (almost 3 times what the other 2 asked for, guess he thought he was the star of the spa) and he wouldn't budge at all which was such a pity as he had a very nice body and a gorgeous cock, nowdays I probably would have relented and agreed to his price.

I went to Banana many many many years ago. It took me a while to find it for the reasons mentions about the jumble of roads and dead ends. The masseur there had the smallest penis I have ever encountered. Nice guy though from what I recall. XXL Man Club sounds interesting.

I did meet a guy in Seminyak on Grindr or Hornet. I totally didn't realize he was a MB but I guess it should have been obvious. It all ended a bit awkwardly.

My sample was not large enough to be able to say what's "reasonable" or what the going rate was. The boys generally asked for 400,000 to 500,000 rupiah (there was one case of 600,000), and I generally agreed to those requests. Were they on the high side? Possibly, but I honestly do not know.

@dscrtsldnbi in his post from October 2022  

described the rates from 2019, before Covid. He said 200,000 - 400,000, so I was paying 50 - 100% more than that.

On 2/12/2023 at 4:33 PM, macaroni21 said:

My sample was not large enough to be able to say what's "reasonable" or what the going rate was. The boys generally asked for 400,000 to 500,000 rupiah (there was one case of 600,000), and I generally agreed to those requests. Were they on the high side? Possibly, but I honestly do not know.

@dscrtsldnbi in his post from October 2022  

described the rates from 2019, before Covid. He said 200,000 - 400,000, so I was paying 50 - 100% more than that.

Some update from December 2023 - January 2024:

Thank you @dscrtsldnbi. Good to know the rates that you found and the rates I found (a year earlier) are roughly in the same ballpark, though mine was more "institution" based and yours more freelance, if I'm reading your notes correctly.

I wrote 400 - 500k IDR with one example of 600k. You wrote "A massage session with extras would be IDR 400k - IDR 750k." (I think your 750k instance was a sample of one too, right?) @floridarob who always seems good at getting the best deals wrote "300,000-400,000 seem to be the norm, I paid someone 500,000 last november."

6 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Thank you @dscrtsldnbi. Good to know the rates that you found and the rates I found (a year earlier) are roughly in the same ballpark, though mine was more "institution" based and yours more freelance, if I'm reading your notes correctly.

I wrote 400 - 500k IDR with one example of 600k. You wrote "A massage session with extras would be IDR 400k - IDR 750k." (I think your 750k instance was a sample of one too, right?) @floridarob who always seems good at getting the best deals wrote "300,000-400,000 seem to be the norm, I paid someone 500,000 last november."

You are absolutely correct, @macaroni21. This time, I didn't go 'institutional' and sampled the freelance offers. Indeed, they are in the same ballpark, and 750k was a single occurrence.

I was disappointed with the deterioration of the message quality (massage, not 'massage') but, to be fair, the comparison is not entirely consistent: my previous samples were mostly (though not exclusively) institutional while the latest sample was 100% freelance and one shouldn't simply assume that they always have the same standards. Quite possibly, I've experienced not the deterioration of quality but the gap between the two standards.