vinapu

Cambodian mystery and Thai solution - first trip of 2023

Day 3 , finally THE GREAT DAY

V needs to go to work so we waked up at 7 and after refreshing marched to Unesco Designated for the breakfast warmly greeted by personnel there  sporting knowing smile. I will see it plenty in coming days , that’s sure thing, LOL, Then V went his way and I returned to my room to pack.

Since trip to PP is short , just three days,  and I’m returning to Baan Silom I will leave my new suitcase with most of my goodies including two bottles of red wine for CCP there and take only what’s necessary.

Before I started I fired phone up and already that early was message from my PP guy , “what time  you are coming ?” , “ I will pick you up ‘ , ‘just call me when you arrive’. Thrilled I took it as we are in business, picture of his car with plate followed so all good.  My heart beat increased for a while and cloud 9 seemed closer. Since my flight was at 3 pm I was in no rush to pack up. I went for a stroll to  colourful market in soi 5, changed more money as we are supposed to return on Sunday. Not that I need it since money for CCP is set aside and secured but I don’t like to be left without cash on hand in any case.

Checked out exactly at prescribed 12 noon, left suitcase on reception and took BTS + MRT+ SRT combination to arrive at   Don Muang about 1 hr later . I had tasty roasted duck with rice lunch at coupon place in corridor leading from station to terminal. Checking in was smooth ,I had enough time to buy another bottle of red wine in duty free for 600 hoping we will open it later tonight. I  send Line message to CCP I’m on my way , got ‘see you soon darling” response and at 3 pm we took off to land in PP 1.15 hr. later.

I had e-visa so admission was fast , I bought SIM card for few dollars , messaged CCP I’m here, to get a picture of his car parked under the big poster outside of airport so it was very easy to find him and soon I was in.

Smile the same like before , sweet and charming but it looked he lost some body mass. We were on busy street in rush hours so not much more than handshake but I couldn’t help not to touch  his impressive biceps and indeed they were softer than I recalled. He noticed it and shyly admitted he did not exercise that much recently. He also looked bit tired and his eyes were bit yellowish and also admitted to getting bit drunk last night.

I noticed whiff of disappointment that my new shiny suitcase did not arrive with me but I explained that luggage was limited on the flight and she is waiting for him in BKK as promised. Roads were  crowded as expected at 5 pm so it took us good 45 minutes to reach hotel. He told me that he is no longer working in bar after some disagreement with owner about leaving earlier. Boys there are expected to work till end of their shift and what they do after is up to them.

So it seemed  had he did not contact me in beginning of month if I arrived as originally planned I would not have  a chance to see him anyways  unless he would be responding to my Line.

We also ironed two trips to Phnom Chisor and Udong I previously planned for tomorrow and after tomorrow by his car I still want to check on his bar tonight  so he suggested I have fun there and he will come to hotel at midnight

He dropped me at hotel and distracted by his smile I forgot to give him his bottle which I realized in lobby but he already speed away so I texted him with apologies to a sweet response ‘ have fun in bar with boys and see you later tonight”.

This time I stay in Okay Boutique hotel in small alley behind National Museum. Nice view of PP and Mekong from it’s restaurant on 15th floor. Hotel seemed to be busy with tour groups. I was given room with no less than 3 beds but not much view as it was on 3rd floor only

It was already getting dark so I went to ChristianPFC’s  recommended Dolce Vita restaurant for my serving of Cambodian version of chicken with cashew nuts and from there to Space Hair bar hoping to see some familiar faces. This time mostly new guys , I recalled one or two only , guy I invited to my hotel last trip was absent  so I lined him to show up at least tomorrow.

Bar was not busy until about 10 pm so I was holding court to three  guys, then one more joined us for drinks. It was all good natured fun. One needs to remember that as soon as drink is finished your companion may feel free to leave the table so if t you want to keep them , keep buying drinks. Fortunately it’s not that expensive exercise but keep tab on what you order. I suggest you make it obvious you count drinks  ordered as I was under impression I was charged for 2 or 3 more   than my boys consumed unless some of them ordered something on my tab behind my back.

Did not make any fuss over that , 52 $ for evening of fun seemed reasonable. Mindful I expect my guest at midnight I tipped discretely three of my companion 10$ each and  left bar past 11 pm and walked toward hotel, Lined CCP as I walked to ensure him  I’m there and  received  message he will be bit late as he had some unexpected delivery and wants to eat something before he arrives. Fine I will wait. And wait I did to a complete silence, at 12.40 I sent message I’m going to my room ( I was waiting outside ) and about 50 minutes later, quite devastated I went to bed.

Yes , it was expected considering earlier antics  but at least I’d expect some false excuse or something , not just silence. And considering promised tip, well above PP standards,  absence  was puzzling even more.

47 minutes ago, floridarob said:

And here lies the problem (drama)

not quite. Since he left bar on apparently not good terms with boss he was not interested to go there. On another hand I was clear that I want to go there for at least drink or two so his idea sounded very sensible in circumstances.

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

Yes , it was expected considering earlier antics  but at least I’d expect some false excuse or something , not just silence. And considering promised tip, well above PP standards,  absence  was puzzling even more.

Too many red flags raised with this boy . You must clear expectations with him before he ruined your trip .the minimum expected from him is to be with you at the first day of your arrival  but he just dropped you off near the hotel and left it's not a good sign .

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

Day 3 , finally THE GREAT DAY

Mindful I expect my guest at midnight I tipped discretely three of my companion 10$ each and  left bar past 11 pm and walked toward hotel, Lined CCP as I walked to ensure him  I’m there and  received  message he will be bit late as he had some unexpected delivery and wants to eat something before he arrives. Fine I will wait. And wait I did to a complete silence, at 12.40 I sent message I’m going to my room ( I was waiting outside ) and about 50 minutes later, quite devastated I went to bed.

Sorry to hear that. As soon as I read that he dropped you off at the hotel and would return at midnight I feared the worst.

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Too many red flags raised with this boy . You must clear expectations with him before he ruined your trip .the minimum expected from him is to be with you at the first day of your arrival  but he just dropped you off near the hotel and left it's not a good sign .

I agree about the flags, first was that request to change flight. All expectations were spelled out and cleared, it's execution where whole thing failed.

About dropping at hotel and leaving me there was my idea. On first day I wanted him for the night as I wanted to do some walking around and visit his former  bar first. 

2 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

As soon as I read that he dropped you off at the hotel and would return at midnight I feared the worst.

this is how I wanted it on first day so no, for me it was what was expected, drama starts at midnight's stroke so to speak

29 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

He is very experienced and clear headed

Experienced, yes....😉

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

not quite. Since he left bar on apparently not good terms with boss he was not interested to go there. On another hand I was clear that I want to go there for at least drink or two so his idea sounded very sensible in circumstances.

Nope.....what you want and what he expects are 2 different things here, that should be obvious by now. Now he knows you think of him as a MB not anything "serious".

If you wanted to , win him over, you should have told him , forget about the bar, let's do something together. Now he'll be more bitchy (Drama)....ask @gayinpattaya he always hooks up with these types.....he attracts DRAMA😳

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

no need to add drama to the story. First ,  If I send him 200$ without asking anything in exchange few weeks prior he knew I'm serious. Second whole idea of picking me up from airport was mine because.... Third from beginning and this is what he asked for because of work as personal trainer during day , idea was that days in PP are mine and nights are ours. Only when I suggested I want to take two day trips and can  use him and his car for that instead of travel office he promised to arrange his affairs so we can go together. 

Fourth, I asked if he can go upstairs for an hour or so  but he declined because he had some session at 7 and I knew about it beforehand so it was just courtesy on my side.

Fifth, trip from airport was paid as again , I suggested that if he has time he can pick me up so I can spend money on him instead of taxi.

I made many costly mistakes in this affair but that arrival arrangement was basically what we both agreed on well before I set off from Bangkok so no, I don't see my fault here 

Now the picture is more clear I think your behavior was impeccable,  I am really disappointed from V's behavior. I hope things get better with him however I am not optimistic about that. 

13 hours ago, floridarob said:

Nope.....what you want and what he expects are 2 different things here, that should be obvious by now. Now he knows you think of him as a MB not anything "serious".

If you wanted to , win him over, you should have told him , forget about the bar, let's do something together. Now he'll be more bitchy (Drama)..

again, no.

It was him who raised question of money first and in plain language ' I go with you and can't work at that time  , how much from you for to me ?"

For PP part he made disclaimer early that he will be only available at night and even that was bit conditional  as he expected to be busy during daytime. 

Sure there's possibility that something was lost in translation and misunderstanding could create some offence but I doubt as that is not explaining again that strange flight request made early on.

3 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

I wish i could go to PP myself and kick his butt for my friend V. 

I wouldn't let you to damage his nicely shaped butt, 

yes that silence was indecent , he could invent some excuse and in view of our earlier arrangements ( he said very early that his time in PP may be limited ) I would swallow it .