vinapu

Cambodian mystery and Thai solution - first trip of 2023

Vinapu, I am sure many of us have had similar experiences with Asian men!

Mine more so in the Philippines. I once invested heavily in a new friend from online with plans for him to meet me in Cebu City. He lived in Cagayan de Oro. So to make it a short story, he asked for my help with getting his Teachers Certificate, USD100. I agreed. I bought him a Ticket to fly to Cebu, USD 75. However, he said he had to change the date because of a job interview. Of course the Ticket was not refundable. So changed the Ticket, USD35. Then he sent me a sad massage, he had gone to the Airport for the flight and they would not let him board because his Photo ID was not valid. Of course I went to the Airline Office to try to resolve all this. And paid an extra fee to reissue the Ticket USD25. Finally he said his Sister would not let him fly to Cebu to meet me. At that point my plans with him were gone and so was a goodly amount of my budget. But life goes on...

CHEERS

All I can say is that V saw Vinapu as walking ATM a big opportunity to squeeze as much money as he can from the situation once he realized that Vinapu is not a naive falang as he thought he  disappeared. Sometimes sheet happens in life all we can do is forget about it and move on.

Regarding that didn't V want to fly with Vinapu at the same flight I think there's simple explanation he didn’t want to be seen together with  older falang .

On 2/15/2023 at 3:03 PM, vinapu said:

Few pictures of Okay Boutique hotel , my room and view from the restaurant on top floor

20230126_175149.thumb.jpg.0afd6847c0bfcffe099842ff5b990955.jpg

20230126_175806.thumb.jpg.b2df947b203ea5c4f3e7e6470507247c.jpg

20230126_180017.thumb.jpg.8e695cf7c3d78ad3da07672c69792d5e.jpg

20230126_180446.thumb.jpg.fa1877266abaa448d505e8b8c083c7af.jpg

20230127_075303.thumb.jpg.ebdd31859e256bdac359ebed5070bce1.jpg

20230127_081757.thumb.jpg.2a2e527f7d139e0f7ff1cedad36fc8cc.jpg

Hi Vinapu, thanks for another entertaining report!!....even if things didn't go as planned..I know how frustrating that can be!

Did you have any issues / extra charges etc for joiners / visitors at Okay Boutique?

I always use to stay at China Wind Hotel (aka Wind Holiday Hotel) when in Phnom Penh. It was pretty average, but I stayed there as it was easy walking / crawling distance to Toolbox Bar (my favourite bar in SEA / anywhere) and no issues with visitors. When I'd previously enquired with other nearby hotels in the area if they charged a joiner's fee they said they did, but whether that's actually enforced I have no idea.

I would love to visit PP again, but haven't been back since Toolbox closed and feel I may not have much fun (or at-least any where near as much fun) there as I did previously.

11 hours ago, DenverDude said:

I wish you would post the pictures now so that the rest of us can steer clear of him.

btw I'm not very active here but I love reading your posts.

Thank you , YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART.

as for pictures, no. I don't have such habit plus even if tempted I wouldn't post until I hear his side if the story as there's remote but still real possibility that by dumping and ghosting me he saved me from bigger trouble, either by coincidence or even by design. 

14 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

It's u who has a good heart!

Ater all he has done/said and not done/said, to speculate that his intentions toward u might have been benign - attests to a saint-like heart.

remember what I said here 2 158 964 times, my second worst and THE BEST off ever were with the same guy two  years apart.

Later on we will  return to that story and it will be another uplifting one about reunion with guy who dumped me in Nov over my complains about his excessive phone use  and turned sweeter than honey only 3 months later. 

10 hours ago, reader said:

..... I discount "I don't want to be seen with him" for two reasons. First, they could have just taken seats remote from one another. Second, this guy works publicly in a popular bar in he country's largest city where he can easily be observed in the company of numerous foreigners..........

........ And then there was the request for a new suitcase that PC had been counting on Vinapu to deliver to him on arrival.

If you were planning to bring something surreptitiously into another country, wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow get another person to carry your bag--and on a separate flight--because your own baggage exceeded what was allowed (or some other excuse).

Perhaps he got cold feet at the last minute as he began to realize Vinapu wasn't about to buy such a yarn. Maybe he ended up using the ticket Vinapu had purchased for him and went about his business in Bangkok?

In hindsight, it's easy to see the red flags popping up. But in the heat of the chase, we're all subject to being thrown off the scent by the cloudy mist of lust and attraction.

And there's always the possibility that there was nothing untoward going on here, aside from a deceptive young man trying his best to extract rewards for services he had no intention on delivering.

I like your analysis. It goes along my lines of thinking then and now. When I entered car he was clearly disappointed that I don't have that new shiny suitcase with me to a degree I was even surprised. Dark cloud going through his face was visible even if it was just second or two.

Red flags were notice but I chose to take a chance and go ahead. In hindsight I should stop right there when request to change flights was made but I was not in mood to blow a deal I was dreaming about over such trivial matter.

Now , after all dust settled I tend to think underscored part was his real motive.  But if it was a case another question needs to be asked - why he told his former bar friend about that trip  if he was not even planning to go ? 

10 hours ago, Aux1010 said:

Did you have any issues / extra charges etc for joiners / visitors at Okay Boutique?

I only brought one guy , on my second night but no, not a problem at all. I met him on the street in front of hotel and we entered together. Guy on reception saw us waiting for an elevator for quite a while but did not care.

No problem with guest at Saravoan in Oct 2022 either , night guard just opened gate and smiled oiled with some banknote.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Sitting on the plane all emotions  related to this affair left me , all of then sudden I realized I have 5 days free to roam fortified with 30000 baht CCP decided to leave in my pocket by pissing on our deal.

and this, Vinapu, is what made the 2nd part of your trip a blast - CCP's substantial monetary loss became the gain for the guys in Thailand - and I am sure that you brought many happy smiles with that sum....

16 hours ago, reader said:

Then you have the mysterious "delivery" on he evening he was scheduled to meet Vinapu in PP. It's unlikely it was a shipment of dragon fruit from China. And then there was the request for a new suitcase that PC had been counting on Vinapu to deliver to him on arrival.

If you were planning to bring something surreptitiously into another country, wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow get another person to carry your bag--and on a separate flight--because your own baggage exceeded what was allowed (or some other excuse).

WOW now we have an Inspector Clouseau mystery...

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

something like that

He could be seriously sick. Could that be one of the clues for his disappearance? In some countries there’s mandatory isolation for active hepatitis A 🤔

Of course that does not explain all other stunts he performed