vinapu

Cambodian mystery and Thai solution - first trip of 2023

6 hours ago, alvnv said:

He could be seriously sick. Could that be one of the clues for his disappearance? In some countries there’s mandatory isolation for active hepatitis A 🤔

Of course that does not explain all other stunts he performed

I was thinking about that , yes it's possible although in last communication he could mention is not feeling well or something. But as you say does not explain those earlier antics.

If you are right perhaps one day he will contact me again with explanation but I'd figure that even if isolated he would be allowed his phone with him. But of course it's the whole face thing too.

Well he was planning to go to BKK with you as he told the other guy from the bar the plan. Usually it’s the least dramatic but most obvious reason.  I’d guess He concluded (wrongly) you weren’t going to play along enough with his high expectations (didn’t send the further money or bring the case) and he decided to bail as he wasnt confident he would manipulate enough from it.  

looking forward to the rest of the report and your bouncing back

1 hour ago, Jimbillp said:

Well he was planning to go to BKK with you as he told the other guy from the bar the plan. Usually it’s the least dramatic but most obvious reason.  I’d guess He concluded (wrongly) you weren’t going to play along enough with his high expectations (didn’t send the further money or bring the case) and he decided to bail as he wasnt confident he would manipulate enough from it.  

looking forward to the rest of the report and your bouncing back

That is my problem, all I can do is to guess.

Anyways it was fun dreaming about time together but such conclusion of the affair was in cards due to various stunts so while upset I was not that surprised , even less shocked. Just big time disappointed. 

Yes I picked up myself as soon as I left hotel to go back to Bangkok, boarded plane relieved it's over  and as we will see , trip developed quite nicely up to the last off(s) included.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

was thinking about keeping it for myself instead of making public how big fool I was but after giving it some thought I decided to tell story so other can learn and perhaps feel better.

I don't think that you made a full of yourself. planning long term trip with a guy is hit-and-miss , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I had been there too.

I hope you learned your lesson not to send prepayments and if very unusual requests are coming from the guy ( like fly separately without reasonable explanation) cut the deal off immediately.

Having been on that trip to Grand Palace and reacquainting with Sam last month I can confirm his positive disposition, and he was recalling happy moments and pictures with you even then so I can imagine the big smile when he saw you

so it was surely destiny he was the solace for your bounce back night, and restored some positive ambassadorial role for the Cambodians

1 hour ago, Jimbillp said:

Having been on that trip to Grand Palace and reacquainting with Sam last month I can confirm his positive disposition, and he was recalling happy moments and pictures with you even then so I can imagine the big smile when he saw you

so it was surely destiny he was the solace for your bounce back night, and restored some positive ambassadorial role for the Cambodians

yes , he was exactly what  I needed that night, friend with benefits. If I would be looking for companion to travel in the region , indeed Sam would be candidate # 1 as he made impression he is really interested in seeing places. 

despite misadventure with CCP I don't hold it against whole nation and indeed had few very rewarding meetings with Cambodians this trip including my last night in Phnom Penh.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

I got in from good authority that he is back in the bar so no, that option needs to be discounted

As strange as it is, there he is - back at the same bar - having forfeited quite handsome an income. I wonder if he realizes how long and how much it will take him (time and effort) to make up for it.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I have no doubt he realizes unless he assessed me as cheat and lost hope that I will pay him anything but that's highly unlikely in view that after all I send him some advance money, right ? 

All I know is that all money I had aside for him I spent on other guys including his bar friend and I'm happy I did.

I also received his picture and I'm truly glad he looks much better than when we met at the airport. Perhpas whole experience worked like bucket of cold water for him.

It would be similar to what I had in October when Handsome Cambodian taken to BKK for 4 days dumped me after 1 night over dispute related to excessive phone use forfeiting 12000 . Two weeks later when I saw him he admitted that realisation of his hotheadedness and loss created caused short depression   and when I offed him , he was changed man indeed. 

In few days we will meet him again, ( report in due course ) and he was even more hot and charming. 

Does it mean there's hope for me for another try at CCP ? LOL

Another try ? Nooooooo

So many other boys from Cambodia are handsome and nice and with a better behavior...

10 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Sometimes life just gets in the way and second or third chances mean a lot to someone.

I suspect if may be a case of my dealings with Handsome Cambodian, I forgave him his antics and ever since he is better and better, we met 3 times so there's some statistic sample to back my claim up.

9 hours ago, floridarob said:

I don't think he deserved a 1st chance.....

Obviously you assessed situation better then me  but I'm still , warts and all, happy I tried.

8 hours ago, spoon said:

I am a firm believer of giving guys 2nd or 3rd chance, especially when i really like the guy, or i heard good reviews/report from others.

another confirmation we are twin brothers, only from different sets of parents