vinapu

Cambodian mystery and Thai solution - first trip of 2023

• Members
9 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Mamasan eyed me immediately and announced that while A , my muscle semi-god from there is absent he can bring him immediately and was somewhat puzzled that I resisted his proposal repeated numerous times.

Even my usual ‘ I like girls’ did not seem to discourage him but my plan today was to take somebody new so I was chasing him away tirelessly.

Is it this one? They are so annoying!

9AF919D6-8A8C-47F1-9485-18D0282A2E3D.jpeg

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Whatever may keep you away from us in Thailand - please know that your heart and never ending kindness will be sorely missed.  Wishing you all the best Vinapu!!

Thank you,

you , not me , have a good heart. I'm optimist and it's why I have 4 trip terms in mind. What comes out of it we will know no later than Dec 31. I'm ready to pack and go on very short notice. Whether it will materialize God only knows . 

Siren call from Phnom Penh  may lure me in , lol

1 hour ago, MaxBKK said:

Most of the guys providing services experience very complicated, stressful, and difficult lives—defined by grinding poverty and never ending financial obligations to the bottomless pit of very dysfunctional and often broken families.

They generally lack the critical thinking skills that most Westerners experience as second nature. Very few of them actually like working as service providers despite the smiles, genuine affection, and good nature they so readily share.

They will also not hesitate to completely reject you & your money, no matter the amount, if they don’t like you for whatever reason (e.g. fear of losing face, or loss of face, is by far the biggest driver). The interactions with the vast majority of their clients are opportunistic (and in real time) and a fleetingly brief transactional part of their lives.

In my experience, this is generally an accurate profile of who you typically meet. They are young men without much direction, ability to plan, very poor father role models, and not much hope for the future. Of course, there are exceptions to this but they’re few & far between.

Very good observation, to this you can add guys who had been sexual abused, or have mental problems or just regular guys that need extra income. 

17 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Yes I agree that some guys we met deserves second chance but not this one he acted like a jirk from the beginning and all he tried to do is to squeeze as much money as he can without giving a thing in return so why he would be better on second chance?

He is a crook and will stay a crook. there are many better guys waiting there you really don't have to waste your time on him.

You 100% right but all I'm saying because I liked him  and knowing now what I know now  if he contacted me in future I still may be tempted.  Sure thing I will not make first step but that doesn't mean any step.

14 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

"fusion German -Thai dish"  - OMG what is that ???!!

German dishes are about combining potatoes and all kind of sausages... who can you fusion this with a Thai soup or curry ? Looks like a horror movie to me ! 

horror movie to one is just comedy for other.

That's schnitzel with rice and vegatebles in thick creamy curry sauce. Yummy !!!

Next time we meet crossing Silom it on me for you nad your man but it must be the same man who was with you then

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

to get you an idea why I sing such accolades to Furama Sathorn few pictures of my room, there including famous suitcase which was supposed to be gifted to CCP in Phnom Penh.

I note that like many hotels the floor is not carpeted. In Asia I have little problem with this as most guests take off their outdoor shoes when entering, but I have noted that hotels in other parts of the world (not merely beach hotels) have started abandoning carpets. This obviously makes cleaning simoler and cheaper, but I have learned through experience to avoid them where possible. Noise from above has a nasty habit of filtering down and noise is one issue I want to avoid when i am trying to sleep.

Case 1 was a hotel in Hong Kong. The man in the room above did not take off his shoes when entering his room and i heard every clump, clump late in the evening and first thing in the morning.

Case 2 was a Holiday Inn at Helsinki airport where I spent 2 nights before and after flights up beyond the Arctic Circle. Once again, whoever was in the room above wore heavy shoes as he strode around the room and every step was heard in mine. Then at 5:30ish in the morning he was clearly packing his bag when it dropped on to the floor and woke me up. I then heard him shower and a few minutes later he dropped his keys on to the floor.

Carpets carry a risk of tiny bugs but I'll take them any day to noise from above.

Vinapu's hotel photos seemed familiar, despite my never having stayed at Furama. It was the floor; I've seen that same wood (faux-wood?) flooring from Krabi to Chiang Rai. Some Thai business-I hope it's Thai- is making a good profit.

PeterRS is certainly right about noise- and I'm very sensitive to any disturbance- but when Tarntawan dispensed with those old, smelly carpets a few years ago to be replaced by you-know-what, I was delighted.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

horror movie to one is just comedy for other.

That's schnitzel with rice and vegatebles in thick creamy curry sauce. Yummy !!!

Next time we meet crossing Silom it on me for you nad your man but it must be the same man who was with you then

Yes with pleasure ! We both will be happy to meet you again !

I am (again) flying from France today. In Bangkok tomorrow. Then Pattaya. Then Siem Reap.