macdaddi

El Cerro de las Tres Cruces - Medellín

• Members

If you are looking for a different way to spend a Sunday in Medellin and enjoy some serious eye candy, you may want to do the hike up to El Cerro de las tres cruces, or as it is known to local gays El cerro de las seis cuadritos. You can Google translate that one, 

This is not an easy hike and you will need to be prepared for a serious workout. This is a favourite on the weekend for friends to get together and “sweat out” Saturday nights’ regrets. But if you commit to the hike to the summit, there are stellar views of the city of Medellín and many many well cared for bodies.  This is the highest point in the city accessible on foot, so the trek is popular and there are vendors along the ways selling water, coffee and fruit. 

The new trend of Paisa’s wearing only sheer tights for the hike up might be enough inspiration for you to complete the full trip to the final summit. 

94DB69DE-1EB6-4F67-BFE7-8CA4C31A7343.jpeg

CE7CFD84-1BD2-450F-BBD9-2ABBDC7061DD.jpeg

B26A4E8A-ED03-4DE5-B45B-6AD5B3FA910D.jpeg

4176F382-5BF2-463A-A5B8-30F36BB78906.jpeg

On 3/4/2023 at 4:51 PM, macdaddi said:

El cerro de las seis cuadritos

Ha, ha, google translated it as the hill of the six squares, but I get the impression it has a more nuanced meaning in this reference. For a future trip, is this a hike it's okay for a tourist to  do alone on Sundays when it's busy. I'm asking because I was going to do a similar hike in Cali, but I read tourists shouldn't do it alone...I'm assuming for safety reasons.

• Members
On 5/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, xpaulo said:

Ha, ha, google translated it as the hill of the six squares, but I get the impression it has a more nuanced meaning in this reference. For a future trip, is this a hike it's okay for a tourist to  do alone on Sundays when it's busy. I'm asking because I was going to do a similar hike in Cali, but I read tourists shouldn't do it alone...I'm assuming for safety reasons.

You can absolutely do it alone. Best to go on weekends when the crowds are present, there will not be any safety issues. I would also say the same for El cerro de las tres cruces in Cali as well. Do plan to go early if the sun is out -- it gets very warm on the trails with almost no shade higher up. In s,ome sections, the natural steps have been washed out and that can be challenging. It is a workout but the payoff is worth it. The view is spectacular and you can see the entirety of the Aburra valley.