alvnv

You know you lost the war when they laugh in your face

On 3/5/2023 at 11:23 PM, unicorn said:

Lavrov is a man with no self-respect. I hope he eventually gets his just desserts

"One would be forgiven..."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/just-deserts-or-just-desserts#:~:text=Despite its pronunciation%2C just deserts,but pronounced like the sweet

What to Know
Despite its pronunciation, just deserts, with one s, is the proper spelling for the phrase meaning "the punishment that one deserves." The phrase is even older than dessert, using an older noun version of desert meaning "deserved reward or punishment," which is spelled like the arid land, but pronounced like the sweet treat.

Based on the way the second word in just deserts (“the punishment that one deserves”) is pronounced, one would be forgiven for imagining that it came about in reference to some form of discipline involving custards, cookies, or petits fours. It might even make one wonder why there are not other meal-based forms of chastisement in our language; why no deserved breakfasts, no requisite lunches, no warranted teas? Because it’s not that kind of dessert. 😇

• Members
12 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

...Despite its pronunciation, just deserts, with one s, is the proper spelling for the phrase meaning "the punishment that one deserves." The phrase is even older than dessert, using an older noun version of desert meaning "deserved reward or punishment," which is spelled like the arid land, but pronounced like the sweet treat... 

You learn something new every day! Maybe we could just shove a cake into his face?

This Woman Shares Why You Should Never Smash A Cake In Someone's Face

Young Man Covered In Cream Cake Squashed Into Face Closeup High-Res Stock  Photo - Getty Images

Though I wouldn't mind seeing him perish in the desert....

18,857 Dying In Desert Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

• Members

Here's three friends who were all killed 2 months after enlisting. Whether they're Ukraine, Russian or Dombas you should not be celebrating their death or joking about war because the American yellow press is on yet another pro-war propaganda narrative of lies. War is a horrible thing. We were wrong murdering 7 million Vietnamese (for their own good), wrong murdering 1 million Iraqis (for their own good) and for following the yellow press into the Mexican War, the Spanish American War, and WWI and all these secret African wars we have going now. 

The American press glorifies war and death in every war until people eventually get fed up with the killing and lies and then the press pretends it was never really for the war. 

Celebrating war and death is wrong. Shame on you, shame on us. 

image.thumb.jpeg.16ec1a2cab7841a3e5d66a832eabb9b9.jpeg

• Members
8 hours ago, unicorn said:

They died protecting the country they loved. Would you like to live under Putin, without freedom, where one's life can be in danger due to one's sexual orientation (for example)? 

Freedom Isn't Free - Freedom Isnt Free - Sticker | TeePublic

they're Russians and they volunteered because they love their country just as Americans love theirs. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am just double-checking. Someone posted in CoM that you need moderation approval to post in this Politics forum.

I think that 'moderator approval' message shows up under two conditions:

• You are not a member of the site
  • You are a member, but you aren't signed in

If you're a member and you're signed in, you don't see that 'moderator approval' message and your post appears just as soon as you hit 'Submit Reply'.

3 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Our pro-war yellow press may be going too far with this war:

image.thumb.jpeg.96ac4e8962698f163fdb1be4a4bfeed4.jpeg

Rich! Have you heard of Solovyov or Simonyan? How about Skabeyeva? Чья бы мычала… (Russian equivalent of the Pot Calling…)

Furthermore, while you get off on posting anti-American/Western sentiments while enjoying your life in the US/West, don’t forget that posting anything anti-Russian while in Russia will get you a personal introduction with Кузькина Мать (Kuzma’s Mother)

14 minutes ago, alvnv said:

Furthermore, while you get off on posting anti-American/Western sentiments while enjoying your life in the US/West, don’t forget that posting anything anti-Russian while in Russia will get you a personal introduction with Кузькина Мать (Kuzma’s Mother)

if only that.

you hit the nail with your comment. We often forget how dangerous ANY dissent is in many places  while freely calling our kings, presidents , prime ministers etc any names we can invent without any fear of reprisal from state apparatus

• Members
1 hour ago, lookin said:

I think that 'moderator approval' message shows up under two conditions:

• You are not a member of the site
  • You are a member, but you aren't signed in

If you're a member and you're signed in, you don't see that 'moderator approval' message and your post appears just as soon as you hit 'Submit Reply'.

I think @TotallyOz may have set a requirement of participation to be able to post without moderation.

• Members
1 hour ago, vinapu said:

if only that.

you hit the nail with your comment. We often forget how dangerous ANY dissent is in many places  while freely calling our kings, presidents , prime ministers etc any names we can invent without any fear of reprisal from state apparatus

Julian Assange can't respond to you because he's been in prison for 15 years and Ed Snowden in exile can't either. I weep for the America I knew because we've become such a hate-filled war-loving country where most of our money goes to war and death and very little to the people. And between government censorship, the CIA's war narrative of the day, the regime media's war narrative of the day, how does anyone know what the truth is anymore. It's assumed we can't handle it and we're easier to govern by the regime if we are propagandized.  I don't know what country you're from but you're a 100% war and death-loving fascist. Killing people by the millions is not right. If you support it something is very wrong with you mentally. 

image.jpeg.6066c0f32a9e280889410f6e0dad652d.jpeg

• Members
24 minutes ago, alvnv said:

The US killed SEVEN MILLION PEOPLE in VietNam. (or do you prefer to call them "g**ks?). Then 1 million in Iraq ("sand n***ers"?). What other country comes close since then? I don't think defeating Russia needs be our main priority in the US. The world's biggest murderer is right here. But I don't blame patriots who love their country and fight for it trusting it's necessary. It's the regime in America that convinces them killing people is good when it's really only after preserving world domination for the white race (NATO), Wall Street, and the US war industry.