alvnv

You know you lost the war when they laugh in your face

• Members
1 hour ago, Marc in Calif said:

Yes, I mentioned specifically the case of the three political operatives. They were paid by Yeltsin. Of course there were others, perhaps paid directly by the US government. 

I was responding to the comment that "Putin and Yeltsin were supported financially heavily by the US in the elections..." 

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2020-11-02/putin-clinton-transitions

• Members

I am arriving at this thread too late, and I have no time to read it all. From a quick read, I was left with the need to praise @tassojunior. We have clashed before, and we still disagree on many things, but I respect your braveness to confront alone what seems to be the entire local dwellers. 

I am also warmed at seeing your understanding, tasso, of American self-delusion. 

If you are enjoying the conversation, please do not stop. However, my advice is to move on. It does not matter how many flaws in America you may highlight. The response will always be that others are worse, with no traces of self-examination. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, forky123 said:

Your idea of a fascist is someone that disagrees with you. 

Your constant looking for images of war and death and fantasies about old men masturbating to them is the sign of a very sick mind. 

my idea of fascism is the definition of fascism. and fascist robots like you who don't care how many people you kill are the smug evil that will come back on all of us.

• Members
1 hour ago, forky123 said:

You know nothing about me or my politics other than that I think Ukraine has a right to defend itself. You don't know if I am left, right or center. You, on the other hand, support and make excuses for a Putin dictatorship that is threatening nuclear attack, murdering civilians including women and children, destroying civilian infrastructure, targeting hospitals, nuclear power stations, water and sanitation infrastructure as well as other war crimes. That makes you the murderous Nazi.

I don't really care whether you are a Republican or a Democratic or a Whig fascist or that you you can repeat verbatim the regime's current narrative of why we need a WW3. You don't know or want to know the history of the actual facts because you only want to know the facts the regime tells you. You're scared to death to dissent or think independently because that could make you an outcast. You're a 1933 German and you'd gladly light the ovens if the regime told you to. But you'd do it in a rainbow t shirt to show you're cool.  

3 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

I don't really care whether you are a Republican or a Democratic or a Whig fascist or that you you can repeat verbatim the regime's current narrative of why we need a WW3. You don't know or want to know the history of the actual facts because you only want to know the facts the regime tells you. You're scared to death to dissent or think independently because that could make you an outcast. You're a 1933 German and you'd gladly light the ovens if the regime told you to. But you'd do it in a rainbow t shirt to show you're cool.  

You simply don't get it do you? You are so set in your support of Putin that you will completely overlook the war crimes he is committing because you hate your own government and media. It's fine that you hate them but your belief that everyone else in the world follows them is simply ridiculous. Again, Ukraine defending itself is not what is pushing the nuclear war narrative, Putin is. As for your ridiculous holocaust and WW2 references, it's Putin defenestrating, poisoning and eliminating his opponents so in any 1930s comparison, you are the Nazi giggling with glee while opponents are murdered and imprisoned.

4 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I don't think it was much of a secret that the Clinton administration pulled out all stops to get Yeltsin and his deputy Putin elected in the 1996 Russian elections over the communists. 

Thanks for clarifying that Yeltsin was not "supported financially heavily" by the US government in his 1996 election.

There were many things that the Clinton administration did to help Yeltsin. But directly providing "heavy financial support" for the 1996 election wasn't one of them. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Thanks for clarifying that Yeltsin was not "supported financially heavily" by the US government in his 1996 election.

There were many things that the Clinton administration did to help Yeltsin. But directly providing "heavy financial support" for the 1996 election wasn't one of them. 

but as I remember Clinton did push through before the election a $1.6 Billion "AID" package for Russia or something. There was a lot of disappointment with Russians that the US was not accepting their offer to join NATO and other western organizations after Gorby had pretty much given away everything there was to give (including eastern Ukraine). They were really worried the communists would be voted back in. Yeltsin and Putin had to appear to denounce Gorby to have a chance. In 2020 Putin had to denounce him to win. Then the US made a conscious decision it wanted Russia as an enemy not a friend. Ridiculous. .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1993/04/05/yeltsin-gets-16-billion-in-us-aid/8f07ebfc-97bd-41aa-b93a-7c26cb495880/

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

but as I remember Clinton did push through before the election a $1.6 Billion "AID" package for Russia or something.

"or something"? Now you're just listing random items. 

That particular $1.6 billion package was back in April 1993 -- not even close to the 1996 election. 🙄

3 hours ago, reader said:

From CNBC

WASHINGTON The International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant on Friday for Russian President Vladimir Putin over alleged war crimes committed during his invasion of Ukraine.

The court also put out a warrant for Maria Lvova-Belova, Russia’s commissioner for children’s rights.

Putin and Lvova-Belova are “allegedly responsible for the war crime of unlawful deportation” of children from occupied areas of Ukraine to Russia, the court wrote in a statement.

“There are reasonable grounds to believe that Mr. Putin bears individual criminal responsibility” for the forced deportation of Ukrainian children, the ICC said. The court alleged that he committed the offenses either directly or in cooperation with others, or failed to stop subordinates under his authority.

Most funny part of that "news" isn't published: CNBC while published that "news" "forgot" to mention what US itself does not recognize rights of ICC and issues sanctions against prosecutors of ICC from time to time.

By the way: Ukraine also not recognize ICC, as well as Russia.

So question: who is cooker of that soup? And for whom is working that circus?

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

Milosevcic, Karadzic and Ratko Mladic found the answer already

Bullshit. No one of them was in ICC court. No one. ICC is toothless.

Miloshevich, Karadzich and Mladich - all of them were in UN tribunal. And to initiate tribunal may only UN Security Council. China, Russia has veto in UN SC.

So you may continue to dream, but right now all these stories are dances of drunk British fairies -  just a propaganda, because ICC has only one mutual with UN tribunal - he is also located in Hague.

What do you think: why on the next day after arrest warrant issue UK transferred to ICC 1 million of euro?