endlessdream

Crazy Brazil domestic fares

• Members

I’m planning my Dec. to Jan. Trip to Brazil and I noticed that the flights are absurdly expensive from 15 Dec. up to mid Jan. Is it just holiday speculation or they are really gonna remain this expensive?

lots of hotels don’t even allow booking that much in advance. How strange! 

• Members
On 3/12/2023 at 1:43 AM, endlessdream said:

I’m planning my Dec. to Jan. Trip to Brazil and I noticed that the flights are absurdly expensive from 15 Dec. up to mid Jan. Is it just holiday speculation or they are really gonna remain this expensive?

lots of hotels don’t even allow booking that much in advance. How strange! 

That is their Christmas, New Year, AND summer vacation all in one. Yes, all over S. America, travel-related expenses can double in December and January.

• Members
5 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

I bought for the moment tickets with AA miles which are cancellable. 7k5 mikes each way. I put google alerts too. Let’s wait and see. 

7500 miles is about $75 value, and is a fair deal, do you have to pay any tax and fees on top of it?  What's the cash price you found?

• Members
6 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

I bought for the moment tickets with AA miles which are cancellable. 7k5 mikes each way. I put google alerts too. Let’s wait and see. 

That is totally a steal especially for that time period. Buying early usually lets you pay less, not more. I think your risk is cancellations and schedule changes, this far out.

• Members
51 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

I paid like 7 dollars for tax. 7k5 worth 120-150 usd according to my calculations though, which is still fine as they are full flex tickets. . With LifeMiles there are flights for 6k, which I calculate worth 70 to 80 usd but they are not flex. 

My Lifemiles have proven to be worthless for international flights, unless I want to take 44 hours to get to Rio from LA on Avianca.

• Members
On 3/18/2023 at 1:22 AM, endlessdream said:

I paid like 7 dollars for tax. 7k5 worth 120-150 usd according to my calculations though, which is still fine as they are full flex tickets. . With LifeMiles there are flights for 6k, which I calculate worth 70 to 80 usd but they are not flex. 

120-150 USD is cheap for round trip or even one way.

• Members

Flights are still very expensive from where I am. Just checked that it'll cost me around 3K USD for Dec/Jan and it's on cattle class. The last time I was in Rio for Revellion was in 2018. Maybe I'll be there again this 2024. Does anyone know if SP's NYE is good? I assumed there will be mainly parties in the clubs.

• Members

@buttercawan use Google flights. They will keep track of you flights and send you email alerts when the price dropped. I just purchased tickets for that same time you're looking for and paid $1800 total for 2 tickets.  

Last year we paid $3100 for 2 so this year's price was way cheaper and I immediately snagged it when I was averted to the price drop.

Now finding a reasonably priced airbnb with decent reviews will b a challenge also for those dates.

I did find out last NYE that a lot of the hot guys from sao paulo flock to Rio at that time because of they can make a LOT MORE MONEY in the rio saunas than the sao paulo sauna. 

Hope you get the flights and airbnb at the cost you're looking for. See you in 7 months!

Good luck.

• Members
30 minutes ago, BlkSuperman said:

@buttercawan use Google flights. They will keep track of you flights and send you email alerts when the price dropped. I just purchased tickets for that same time you're looking for and paid $1800 total for 2 tickets.  

Last year we paid $3100 for 2 so this year's price was way cheaper and I immediately snagged it when I was averted to the price drop.

Now finding a reasonably priced airbnb with decent reviews will b a challenge also for those dates.

I did find out last NYE that a lot of the hot guys from sao paulo flock to Rio at that time because of they can make a LOT MORE MONEY in the rio saunas than the sao paulo sauna. 

Hope you get the flights and airbnb at the cost you're looking for. See you in 7 months!

Good luck.

Thanks. I do use flight tracking apps. However, I am from Oceania :) so it's a bit further and has fewer options than you.