reader

7 things tourists shouldn't do when they visit VN

From The Insider

This as-told-to story is based on a conversation with Ian Paynton, the founder of content agency We Create Content in Hanoi, Vietnam shares what he's learned about Hanoi after living in Vietnam since 2010.

After living in Vietnam for around a decade now, I've noticed tourists making the same few mistakes while traveling the country.

Here are seven of the most common mistakes I've seen tourists make.

1. Avoid wearing skimpy swimwear around the city after a trip to the beach.

2. Don't take it personally when a local cuts the line or butts into traffic lanes.

3. Be respectful around shrines — locals believe it's where they can worship their ancestors.

4. Tourists who use Tinder should be careful of nightclub scams.

5. Don't be afraid to bargain with street vendors.

6. Make it a priority to venture out of the three big cities of Hanoi, Da Nang, and Ho Chi Minh.

7. Tourists should avoid getting upset if locals are late or if schedules get off track.

Continues with photos

https://www.insider.com/vietnam-hanoi-tourist-mistake-travel-guide-local-tips-2023-3

16 hours ago, reader said:

"After living in Vietnam for around a decade now, I've noticed tourists making the same few mistakes while traveling the country. Here are seven of the most common mistakes I've seen tourists make."

I also think that all of these things can be said about any other nation in Southeast Asia. It's not just for Vietnam.