Lucky

Is Indicting Trump A Good Idea?

• Members

Donald Trump says that he will be arrested on Tuesday, March 21st for the hush money paid to Stormy Daniels. He is already trying to make a circus out of it.

My opinion is that the case isn't worth it. Why give Trump this platform and notoriety when you know that he won't be punished significantly for the crime?

Personally, I'd be happy if we never heard from him again. Maybe that's a good plea agreement- charges dropped if you disappear!

• Members
16 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Donald Trump says that he will be arrested on Tuesday, March 21st for the hush money paid to Stormy Daniels. He is already trying to make a circus out of it.

My opinion is that the case isn't worth it. Why give Trump this platform and notoriety when you know that he won't be punished significantly for the crime?

Personally, I'd be happy if we never heard from him again. Maybe that's a good plea agreement- charges dropped if you disappear!

The problem here Is that you WILL hear from him again, and again and again, until he accomplishes his goals of making America TRUMP WORLD.....  Regardless that the case is SMALL,  what he did was illegal and he MUST be shown there are consequences.   The only reason he is the destructive force that he is IS because he was allowed to escape any punishment for for his past illegal behaviors.     I dont care if he stole a Snickers bar from the bodega,  I want to see him PROSECUTED...   And any public uprising that may come from it MUST also be dealt with.  We cant show these morons that we are afraid of them...   Fear is the enemy now.    We have to start somewhere, and I truly believe once the first shoe falls from Bragg,  ALL the other shoes will follow, and Trump will be Buried in indictments.....  Its like putting your little toe in the water first before cannonballing into the pool. 

the weird thing is that it's taken so long for this case to be brought. Michael Cohen already served his sentence for his part in the same crime.

This is just the appetizer. The GA cases will be much more substantial. And the classified documents case and the rest of the special counsel investigation could end up being bigger still. He's going to be very busy in court for quite some time

• Members
19 minutes ago, forky123 said:

There is no choice at this point. Trump has so much contempt for the US legal system that if the charges aren't followed up on he is going to get worse.

I agree.  He must be charged in all these cases...large and small.  I also agree with the other poster expressing dismay that it is taking so much time for all the various charges to be brought against Trump formally.  I need to see him in an orange jumpsuit before he dies!

• Members

Lets start a "drinking game".   Everytime Trump is going to say WITCH HUNT in the upcoming months,  lets all take a drink...  But be aware if your libation is alcoholic, with as many times as he will be saying it,  you'll be dead drunk on the floor pretty quickly......

Also, keep in mind, that if you listen closely to Trumps rhetoric lately,  he is setting up his base up for COUP 2024, and his plan to STEAL that election is already in motion.   

And NO DOUBT, DeSantis is just as despicable,  but I am not sure he will go to the same lengths that Trump will ?     If either gains power,  we will be living in RUSSIA....

• Members
13 hours ago, Mavica said:

If he's indicted, he's not going to be cuffed and led into court or a police station.  He will be informed of the charges and the Secret Service will accompany him as he surrenders, is processed and released until the trial.  Tump will make this a media event, though.

Of course he will,  but thats the best part, when Trump is on the Defense and has a huge platform and spotlight, he rants and rants and rants, and the things he says usually INCRIMINATE him,  so let him bury himself.   And we should NOT fear his base.  Our police force and military is MUCH larger that his radical base and can take that group down in a nanosecond.  If those people continue their stupidity and make that choice to rebel,   then they should pay any consequences.  As I've said, FEAR is our only enemy now and feeding Trump ALL his just desserts will show his minions "WE dont play !"    Its a good step to ending all this nonsense we've been buried under since 2015 .    It will also be interesting to see and hear how Putin and all the other worlds Dictators handle Trumps indictment.   Come on Tucker, bring it on !    CLEANSE OUR COUNTRY, CONVICT TRUMP !!!!!!  

• Members

I appreciate the different opinions here. It's clear that I am in the minority. But, practically speaking, no one would expect that Trump would get anything more than a fine if convicted. It is a nonviolent offense and he has no record of convictions. Filing a civil suit over the same allegations would also result in a fine, maybe even greater than in criminal court, so I just don't get adding the excitement of criminal court just to excite his base.

I won't cry if he is indicted, just to be clear.

4 hours ago, Suckrates said:

And we should NOT fear his base.  Our police force and military is MUCH larger that his radical base and can take that group down in a nanosecond.  If those people continue their stupidity and make that choice to rebel,   then they should pay any consequences.  

Yes, but we learned from the January 6th insurrection, there are active duty military and police officers who hate the USA so deeply they'd support an autocrat like Trump.  The Secret Service has been infiltrated as well.  I stopped saying to soldier I met along the way ... "Thank you for your service" until I know more about them and their activities or know them personally.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Mavica said:

Yes, but we learned from the January 6th insurrection, there are active duty military and police officers who hate the USA so deeply they'd support an autocrat like Trump.  The Secret Service has been infiltrated as well.  I stopped saying to soldier I met along the way ... "Thank you for your service" until I know more about them and their activities or know them personally.

Those people need to be weeded out and exposed....  Surely there are enough underccover Pro-democracy agents that can find and expel those Pro-Trump Maga's?

The swamp is everywhere and it must be cleaned if we are to make any progress with a stable democracy....   And all of those like Kevin McCarthy nthat are working to further a Pro-Trump agenda must also be erradicated from public office.   They are only serving the Maga's, NOT the majority of America. 

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

If Trump is convicted of felonies my guess is that Joe Biden would likely pardon him.  Trump should spend time in jail but I think Biden will weigh the divisions in the country and conclude it’s not in the nations interest for a former President to be jailed.  Just my guess 

In order for Biden to pardon him, once convicted, Trump would have to ask for a presidential pardon, which stipulates the admission of guilt. Is he capable of it? All his life he’s been claiming infallibility, so we’ll see 🤔

• Members
4 hours ago, Stormy said:

If Trump is convicted of felonies my guess is that Joe Biden would likely pardon him.  Trump should spend time in jail but I think Biden will weigh the divisions in the country and conclude it’s not in the nations interest for a former President to be jailed.  Just my guess 

Since Biden is such a Pro-democracy guy, and Trump is in favor of destroying it,  I cant reconcile the notion of Biden EVER pardoning Trump for his actions of attempting to end democracy and the rule of law.   And Biden needs to be cognizant of his own base and not focused on pleasing Trumps base.   Bidens base would never re-elect him if he let Trump off the hook after everything Biden has said about him and him needing accountability.   Where is there accountability in a pardon ?    That is just ludicrous. 

• Members

Thanks to Florida's Top Gov, we now know this whole indictment thing is a false narrative. 

Probably cooked up by the same people who spawned CRT.  And Nasty Books By The Gays.

t_2db9ba68c891440abe1798661c3c3c80_name_

First, Biden can't pardon Trump.  Since Biden isn't really President.

Second, I predict in the interest of national unity, Trump will pardon Biden for stealing the 2020 election.

But, that said, my real point is that Trump is dragging the country increasingly away from democracy and truth.  So I don't think it's  time to pussy foot around.  Call him out for being the lying and criminal piece of shit he is.  The only person who should NOT call him a lying and criminal piece of shit is Joe Biden.  Biden should talk about unity.

We don't know why Democrats beat all the odds and were not red waved in the midterms.  But it is a reasonable theory that The Silent Majority does sense that Trumpism represents a latent threat to US institutions and traditions.   Specifically, all kinds of conservatives who tell the truth and stand behind the institutions of democracy did quite well, thank you.  DeWine, DeSantis, Kemp, Sununu are four who represent different shades of conservativism, and all did great. It was the Republicans who basically sounded like Trump that got their asses kicked.

I think indicting and prosecuting Trump would reinforce people's unfavorable views of Trump.  And underscore the reasons to feel the sequel would be even worse than the original.

• Members

There is no doubt Trump is trying to CONTROL the narrative over his indictment,  and as is usual for him, make himself look to be the victim,  doing Nothing wrong yet hounded and pursued by the left and the justice system....  If you have a snake, you need to cut its head off to stop its destruction and indicting and convicting Trump would do just that.   

I would be very surprised that after ALL this, there is not a single prosecution of Trump....  It certainly would be a slap to the faces of Americans and prove to them that their country is NOT in good hands. and that.its all just political theater in the end. and the most corrupt will always have the power. .  

• Members
On 3/18/2023 at 10:16 AM, Suckrates said:

Lets start a "drinking game".   Everytime Trump is going to say WITCH HUNT in the upcoming months,  lets all take a drink... 

My dearest and darlingest Sister In Cock, I'm just not quite sure this is a good idea.  As you pointed out, we'd all be alcoholics in no time.  Isn't my life tragic enough already?

May I suggest a more pleasing alternative?  How about every time Trump says WITCH HUNT we perform fellatio?  👄

(Not on Trump, of course.)

When you think about it, it actually is a bit like washing our mouths out with soap. 😋

• Members
5 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

My dearest and darlingest Sister In Cock, I'm just not quite sure this is a good idea.  As you pointed out, we'd all be alcoholics in no time.  Isn't my life tragic enough already?

May I suggest a more pleasing alternative?  How about every time Trump says WITCH HUNT we perform fellatio?  👄

(Not on Trump, of course.)

When you think about it, it actually is a bit like washing our mouths out with soap. 😋

I would have to vet the Receivers to make absolutely sure they werent Republicans ! 

• Members

Trumps announcement about his impending Tuesday arrest was just him taking his supporters temperature, and testing what the reaction would be in social media and if he still had a posse that would risk jail time for him.....  Trump seems to know how to manipulate everyone especially the media, and I am starting to believe all these  cases against him will fall flat, and he will go on to be the GOP 2024 nominee.

Can someone please tell me WHY the judicial system is so afraid of Trump,  even when they have slam dunk evidence against him ?    Somethings wrong with that !   

1) Indicting an ex president is a political minefield, especially when you have a congress which will 100% interfere all they can.

2) Even if indicted, Trump can still run in '24. He is also the most vindictive pig imaginable so expect reprisals against all concerned should he win in '24.

Not saying they shouldn't indict him as hey definitely should but I can understand why they are being careful. It's time for Democrats to take the kid gloves off and play it as dirty as GOP does as I can't think of much worse than another 4 years of Trump.

• Members
1 hour ago, forky123 said:

1) Indicting an ex president is a political minefield, especially when you have a congress which will 100% interfere all they can.

2) Even if indicted, Trump can still run in '24. He is also the most vindictive pig imaginable so expect reprisals against all concerned should he win in '24.

Not saying they shouldn't indict him as hey definitely should but I can understand why they are being careful. It's time for Democrats to take the kid gloves off and play it as dirty as GOP does as I can't think of much worse than another 4 years of Trump.

Handling Trump with kid gloves is only making him worse because he interprets it as them being Afraid of him..... This is a country of laws, and if someone breaks the law, WHOEVER they are, they are prosecuted and tried.   And regardless of there being no precedent for this, he MUST be indicted and charged, regardless of whether it prevents him from running.  If we can get rid of cockroaches, there must be some way to get rid of Trump ?    Imagine 2020 replaying over again in 2024 when he loses and does a Repeat act of 2020, only THIS TIME he may work in his favor....I am so fucking sick of this guy and the attention he seeks every single day.   We must get past Trump !  

19 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

This is a country of laws, and if someone breaks the law, WHOEVER they are, they are prosecuted and tried. 

It so isn't. Just how many senators and congressmen/women skate through crimes that would see others in prison. How many african americans see a far harsher side of the laws of the US than whites doing the same or worse crime. The current congress is being run by idiots that couldn't spell law let alone introduce one.