macdaddi

Garage Gogo Bar

• Members

This is a newcomer to the Bogota Chapigay scene. A former discotheque has been reinvented as a male Gogo bar with private dances in the backroom cabanas. Hours currently are Wednesday - Saturday (Sunday nights on holiday weekends only)

I tried to visit on three occasions to give a fair assessment, but a hail storm today knocked out power to a number of Chapinero bars/clubs. So I only got to experience this place twice.

The club is essentially two rooms with a rear hallway of private dance cabanas. The stated rate is 60.000COP for a dance, but tips and extras will set you back at least 100.000COP.

The layout of the club is odd, as the Go-go's stage is at the front of the club by the bar.  This means everyone is crammed into the tiny room by the bar either "watching" the show or getting a lap dance on one of the four couches provided. It makes for close quarters which I guess is part of the attraction.

The second, larger room at the back is quieter and has better bar seating. Good spot to chat away from the frenzy, but it was clear that this was no-man's land and the dancers did not solicit in this room. 

Other note -- the drug dealing in the club was obvious and active.  There were multiple dealers in the room providing "dulces' for those interested. If that is the Bogotá experience you are looking for...

Finally, the boys: I was impressed the diversity in body types and skin tones compared to the competition. There were plenty of boys to choose from -- at least 15 on a Saturday night (and I was told they had several call in due to the torrential storm). Some were simply slinging dope (see previous paragraph) while others where openly organizing private dates at the end of the night. Many were offering WhatsApp contact information to hook up outside the club.

Its not as polished as Gigolo Erotic House, but it's a good alternative in a rapidly gentrifying neighbourhood.

• Members

Good representative description. I would add that the street is saturated with bars and people milling about on the sidewalk, a big contrast with Gigolo and its home lighting fixture stores and seemingly one barking dog nearby that might startle the shit out of you if you’re walking by it while looking up to find the venue sign.

I went once and took one private dance and his phone number. He seemed a bit pleasantly surprised when I handed him 100K. 

You can get a sense of the ambience via TikTok where the venue has a periodic presence but not all of the clips stay up.