Riobard

‘Top 10 Bangkok’ guide …

Phone maps aren't always reliable, either.

I have in the past posted a couple of Google "reviews" which say "this restaurant doesn't exist".  Both of them had been mangled by transliteration of a Western name into Thai and back to the Latin alphabet to the extent that they were unrecognisable, and then misplaced on the ground by several blocks. 

• Members

So I went through the guide and was really really disappointed that it lacks some essential information.

As a fellow punter, even though somewhat long in the tooth, it’s really really really important that I stand out and make my mark in open brothel settings. How can I be noticed and draw attention to myself in spite of the dry ice haze, ear-splitting loud music, alcoholic stupor of a subsection of other patrons, drag MCs, and half-naked trade strutting around? 

I have a very regular appearance, 6’ 180, and don’t take up much room. I am an interested observer of people in congested settings. But it’s vital that everybody like me, I mean that they really really really really like me. Every single person’s take of me is so very very very significant. I do so very much care, to the point of debilitating obsession.

It’s simply not worth making the trip, living well as best revenge even, if I don’t consistently make a positive impression. How critical will this be in Thailand?

Heck … even the sort of odd category type , depicted below, that might at times purport to observe you, albeit unbeknownst to you yet sizing you up with their finger pincer grasp, should be very very very important in terms of their perspective, no? 

Don’t those of senior age amongst you agree that strangers’ opinions of you should dictate how you view your self and worth? Should we not be as on guard in the domains in which we circulate, for malignant wannabe head-squashing soul-snatchers as we are for phone grabs out in public? It’s important to try harder with fringe audiences, however grandiose such members evidently are, right? Damaged people are people, after all, and one can never know entirely what’s behind it. 

Here’s hoping the next guide offers better overall and direction for ongoing travel.

• Members
1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I certainly don't agree with the above and wonder what did you smoke before posting 

Hahahah … we were both being sarcastic and non-literal, obviously. Except, well, I think you took mine literally to suit your response and I think you are fully aware of it. I’ve picked up on this trend and also often wonder if you bypass context in your posts, though my sense is you are far from being a simpleton and you are a wealth of concrete information. 

What is important for me to know about you and what you think the value of your post is? Hmmm?

The ‘being on drugs’ fallback dig is usually a ploy for cheap laughs and you might consider expanding your repertoire. It seems, well, basic. It’s just one clue that calls into question what significance your input has and what attention it deserves … from me. We are all different and hold personal standards. 

Now you have something it makes sense, more psychologically and not so much manipulatively, to truly disagree with. 

———
Cue the ignore-worthy retort. 

• Members
3 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

ChatGPT on aisle 3 ?

Now that’s more of an effort … troll-ish, mind you, abstruse, but at least a bit more stab at creativity. (If you’re into feedback. Not likely. It’s social media after all.) 

Word to the wise, though. Attempts at humorous zingers land better when the reader doesn’t need to web-search a cryptic obscure string of letters. Reads like a primary care practitioner consult on a Telemedicine platform at Target. I’d prefer to not have an ass dawn on me. That’s just how I roll. 

If you reach deep enough you might somehow reference something that actually happened. 

4 hours ago, Riobard said:

Word to the wise, though. Attempts at humorous zingers land better when the reader doesn’t need to web-search a cryptic obscure string of letters.

Or when the reader doesn't want to read a verbose and unfocused comment  about a revised travel guide, no less  that would "land better" if it were about 250 words shorter

5 hours ago, Riobard said:

Now that’s more of an effort … troll-ish, mind you, abstruse, but at least a bit more stab at creativity. (If you’re into feedback. Not likely. It’s social media after all.) 

Word to the wise, though. Attempts at humorous zingers land better when the reader doesn’t need to web-search a cryptic obscure string of letters. Reads like a primary care practitioner consult on a Telemedicine platform at Target. I’d prefer to not have an ass dawn on me. That’s just how I roll. 

If you reach deep enough you might somehow reference something that actually happened. 

OK. Tell me your problems. Please terminate input with a period or a question mark.

• Members
21 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

Or when the reader doesn't want to read a verbose and unfocused comment  about a revised travel guide, no less  that would "land better" if it were about 250 words shorter

Yet you obviously attended to it in spite of implicit disinclination and couldn’t rule out its merit seeing as it exceeded your attention span. You needed to see if interaction between two others required your two cents, dollars to donuts you went over the content far more than I intended or required. I critiqued another’s capacity to stick an amusing zinger, the question of humour the springboard for your gratuitous response. What does post length have to do with bot-centric trends?

Try more coherence, tracking of forum content, less desperation to make an early mark. I wasn’t trying to be funny when pointing out a sad phenomenon within a minor yet toxic representation of gay travel forum posters. You merely exemplified the legitimacy of my observation, a perception not tangential to any topic as it’s an overarching thematic thread running through any forum.

I merely plunked in a photo of a travel guide that I deem useful, as others might. Two brief sentences. Like it’s Friday and somebody brought in coffee cake. Topics go off in multiple directions. That is the inherent nature of social media, along with the usual expected array of DunningKruger-afflicted trolls on standby. 

I find the dynamics interesting and I don’t mind taking a few minutes here and there to comment. You don’t like what or how I write? Bots have advanced to corollary images  …

FDDAD63E-3970-4E8D-B2E1-0854FFE2A681.jpeg

me being 'manipulative troll " ? , gee  I don't hear it every day , feels like Christmas. 

On more serious note I'm not on war course with you  , only have suggestion  to read your post before you publish it just to make sure message you trying to convey is clear and will be received as intended.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:14 AM, Riobard said:

Yet you obviously attended to it in spite of implicit disinclination and couldn’t rule out its merit seeing as it exceeded your attention span. You needed to see if interaction between two others required your two cents, dollars to donuts you went over the content far more than I intended or required. I critiqued another’s capacity to stick an amusing zinger, the question of humour the springboard for your gratuitous response. What does post length have to do with bot-centric trends?

Try more coherence, tracking of forum content, less desperation to make an early mark. I wasn’t trying to be funny when pointing out a sad phenomenon within a minor yet toxic representation of gay travel forum posters. You merely exemplified the legitimacy of my observation, a perception not tangential to any topic as it’s an overarching thematic thread running through any forum.

I merely plunked in a photo of a travel guide that I deem useful, as others might. Two brief sentences. Like it’s Friday and somebody brought in coffee cake. Topics go off in multiple directions. That is the inherent nature of social media, along with the usual expected array of DunningKruger-afflicted trolls on standby. 

I find the dynamics interesting and I don’t mind taking a few minutes here and there to comment. You don’t like what or how I write? Bots have advanced to corollary images  …

I'm still laughing at how many words you used -- in a lame attempt to try to put me down!

🤩😂🤩

• Members
16 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

I'm still laughing at how many words you used -- in a lame attempt to try to put me down!

🤩😂🤩

Sure ya are, Snookums. I see all dat decoy emoticon mirth. Very convincing. Alrighty then, Pants-on-Fire furiously seething, vainly attempting dismissiveness. All that laughing that isn’t, such a burn. You got me. 

Unintended transparency notwithstanding, what else is important for me to know about you in order to rate the merit of your input, in order to take in stride, find content compensatory for, your grandiose assertions of appropriate post length? Just trying to be fair. Your lowbrow cherry-picking isn’t cutting it. 

On 2nd thought, never-mind … board fly-swat tech option beckons. 

One unhinged self-aggrandizing reader claiming clandestine observation and accurate appraisal as I ride off to an Itau stand is my usual quota. You’d need to be, well, interesting. Ya ain’t, Blanche. Stick to neutral territory.