TotallyOz

Shake Shack Opens in Thailand

I'm a fan in the USA but I have not made the pilgrimage to the new one in Bangkok yet. Has anyone else given it a try?  How are the lines now? I remember when Krispy Kream first opened, it was a madhouse and this is no different but it will slow down and then I want to swoop in.

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/shake-shack-opens-for-business-in-thailand

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

What's your current favorite burger place in BKK??

@TotallyOz remember when we trekking out to some small hamburger place, don't remember where, years ago.... The place I liked in front of Chong Nonsi didn't survive Covid 😒

you really travel that far to Thailand to eat hamburger ? You sound like that idiot vinapu who does the same and feasts on pizza in Madrid Tavern.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

feasts on pizza in Madrid Tavern.

I think it was @TotallyOz that 1st introduced Madrid Pizza to me, not a place you would just walk into walking along Patpong.... 

I've eaten all over the world and most places I couldn't remember for whatever reason, but the few times I've eaten with Oz, have been very memorable, not sure if it was the conversation or his entourage (either Thai boys or Falangs) 😉

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

I think it was @TotallyOz that 1st introduced Madrid Pizza to me, not a place you would just walk into walking along Patpong.... 

I actually read about that in some guide. Patpong location was quite famous because of Vietnam War history , at that time was considered den of spies

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

I actually read about that in some guide. Patpong location was quite famous because of Vietnam War history , at that time was considered den of spies

This history was front and centre in the displays of Patpong Museum. Maybe you saw it there too?

Oh wait, have you been too busy with boys, left, right, front and back each time you're in Bangkok, and not yet visited the museum?

3 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

This history was front and centre in the displays of Patpong Museum. Maybe you saw it there too?

Oh wait, have you been too busy with boys, left, right, front and back each time you're in Bangkok, and not yet visited the museum?

I learned about Madrid Tavern and dined there with various forum members  well before Patpong Museum was opened.

Yes , I visited Museum last year and even reported it in my trip report. Being busy with boys doesn't meant one can't take them for some sightseeing too although that is another subject.

20 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've eaten all over the world and most places I couldn't remember for whatever reason, but the few times I've eaten with Oz, have been very memorable, not sure if it was the conversation or his entourage (either Thai boys or Falangs) 😉

Definitely the boys! :)

I think the late Firecat introduced me to this place years back. I was leery but it was good.