josebcn1

Medellin Personal Trainer / question regarding anabolics

Im looking for a personal trainer in Medellin as I would like to continue my muscle building workout plan. Any recommendations as to where I can find a PT or a bodybuilder with knowledge about steroids? I might be mistaken, but I read somwhere anabolic steroids are over the counter in Colombia. 

• Members
25 minutes ago, josebcn1 said:

Im looking for a personal trainer in Medellin as I would like to continue my muscle building workout plan. Any recommendations as to where I can find a PT or a bodybuilder with knowledge about steroids? I might be mistaken, but I read somwhere anabolic steroids are over the counter in Colombia. 

I don’t think that this is the place. I think you are in your 20’s and just dropped the average age here from 70.654 to 70.653 years.

More personally, when younger I patiently and slowly gained 30 pounds of muscle mass through DIY resistance training, and later in middle age another 30 pounds with a trainer and a 4-day split over 2 years with exclusively the exercise and nutrition.

My background is medical science and I don’t put shit into my system. YMMV. 

• Members

I am not sure if anybody here will recommend a specific trainer but there are multiple Bodytech branches in Bogotá, and I think throughout Colombia, so that might be a solid starting point. In Brazil for longer stays I have tended to go to a conveniently located and reputable gym and started on my own while able to quickly identify a good trainer for my visit.

Sheepish confession: I found poppers at a sex shop in Chapinero and took a mild sniff or two at St-Moritz Spa but did not find the sensory vasodilation to be particularly value-added. The turn-on with the guy was already plenty. I have tried very few chem things and always basically just once.

I also lusted after, but never met, a young physique competitor in Brazil who died not long ago, apparently due to a ‘cardiac episode’. He once did a Rio model shoot outside the now closed also ran JE-showran Lions venue at the intersection of Gloria and Lapa. Obviously I don’t know the specific details, and profound exertion may have been a factor, but anabolic steroid use can be implicated in a serious adverse cardiac event. 

• Members
On 4/14/2023 at 6:01 PM, josebcn1 said:

I'm looking for a personal trainer in Medellin as I would like to continue my muscle building workout plan. Any recommendations as to where I can find a PT or a bodybuilder with knowledge about steroids? I might be mistaken, but I read somwhere anabolic steroids are over the counter in Colombia. 

Okay maybe I can guide you to what you need.  There are loads of personal trainers in Medellín, but you are asking for a pretty specific need for bulk-muscle building. The best gym to explore that is Magnum Gym in Laureles.  This is where the hardcore locals work out and you will see a few of the bulked up camboys here as well.  They will know all about what supplements are available and where. It's located on Circular 75 at Carrera 75, just two blocks from Primer Parque de Laureles. I tried to read the exact address from the Google image but it has been removed.

https://www.google.com/maps/@6.2472405,-75.5952122,3a,36.1y,179.84h,93.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqchUuySeEE_v52tgbWJ2kQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Other option is Capital Fit Gym on Avenida Nutibara which bills itself as the mecca for bodybuilders in Medellín. I don't personally know anyone that trains here, but many claim it is quieter and more conducive to working out.  The location is also super easy to get to.  (Av. 80 #39-187, Laureles - Estadio, Medellín)

https://www.google.com/maps/@6.249688,-75.5995032,3a,62.6y,239.61h,73.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1slzmGm5qSsYXg79zsgayqtg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

If your Spanish is up to it, I would call and organize your membership with a training session in advance.  I do have a few personal trainers in my Medellín rolodex but as you are aware it is a very personal choice.

Regarding steroids and supplements: you will find that many prescribed drugs are freely accessible at the pharmacy counter without a prescription. However steroids are not something every pharmacy is going to stock, so you need to ask around to find a supply.  I am not aware of any friends currently doing cycles, but will make some inquiries.

Good luck with your planning.

• Members

I don't think I'm hijacking a thread, just moving it to an evergreen topic around here, at least for me: How do you find a trainer who will give you different physiology lessons after the gym floor session? In either Brazil or Colombia.