reader

Expats, tourists can get Covid boosters at two locations

From The Nation

Covid booster shots will be available at the CentralWorld shopping complex in downtown Bangkok until May 28.

The vaccination unit was set up on Saturday on the 5th floor of the complex’s Atrium Zone. The unit provides jabs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until May 28 (closed on May 13-14 for the general election).

People can walk in between noon and 6pm to get a free jab of the Moderna bivalent vaccine, which is effective against both the original Wuhan strain and the Omicron subvariants.

Shots will be provided to people above the age of 12 who have received at least one vaccine or have recovered from a Covid-19 infection more than three months ago. The jabs are free for Thais and expats if they show their ID cards or passports, though a fee may be charged for tourists.

Recipients are required to show their vaccination history, the deputy governor said.

================

Tourists can get Covid booster shots at MBK until May 12

A Covid-19 vaccination unit has been set up at MBK Centre in downtown Bangkok to provide booster jabs for those whose last Covid jab was more than three months ago.

Deputy governor Tavida Kamolvej on Friday officially opened a temporary vaccination unit on the 6th floor in Zone D of the MBK Centre shopping mall.

People can walk in between 9am and 3pm daily to get a free jab of the Moderna bivalent vaccine

Foreigners can also get a jab by presenting their passports, but fees may apply.

The unit will be open daily until May 12 and then again on the weekends of May 20-21 and May 27-28.

• Members
45 minutes ago, orson said:

These are the bivalent versions. So these are pretty new.

Bivalent version has been out for many months, probably a year.  I don't know why any farlang who is still in search of covid vaccine now if he wanted to get one.  This Covid thing is in the rear view mirror in most of the western world now.

• Members
17 minutes ago, reader said:

Covid continues to ne reported everywhere, including Thailanf and west.

Everywhere, of course, except the never-neverland inhabited by Doctor Scotty.

Reported...but it's not a pandemic anymore.  Welcome to the real world, but of course real world is not @reader's Thailand world.  I hope @readercontinues to quarantine himself.  Good job.

• Members
3 hours ago, reader said:

Oh, I get it. In Scotty Land you wait until it's a pandemic then you begin vaccinating. Brilliant.

Think we tried that three years ago.

I am well vaccinated, all 4 doses, with the bivalent version done last September, thank you for asking.  I am a farlang from the western world, I don't need to search for vaccine in Thailand.  But in your world, please continue your quarantine and don't go anywhere because the Corona virus is everywhere.

9 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Vaccines are still relevant and important and Covid still exists. 

it does. My own boss just recovered from his third  bout of it. When he returned to the office I greeted him with " is somebody must be sick it's better you than me ". He kind of agreed but now I wonder when I will be fired.

• Members
58 minutes ago, vinapu said:

it does. My own boss just recovered from his third  bout of it. When he returned to the office I greeted him with " is somebody must be sick it's better you than me ". He kind of agreed but now I wonder when I will be fired.

Too bad you can not just quit the job, you need the money.

7 hours ago, scott456 said:

Correction:  Too bad you can not just quit the job, you need the money to pay for the boys.

actually without going into much  detail I can quit at any time of my choosing. But you are correct , I need earned money to the boys , pension takes care about the rest including airfare