ggobkk

Election day restrictions?

Just finished packing for my first cross ocean trip since December 2020.  I arrive Bangkok early on the 13th. The last day of the election campaign is the 14th.  Siam Roads guide, Mac, reminds me that there are no alcohol sales from the 13th until the close of the polls.  Any one able to advise if the clubs will be open on the 13th and/or 14th?  I'll assume massage locations recommended on the Forum will be operating.

If any  forum member is in town, I'll be in Bangkok from the 13th to morning of the 18th.  I'll return for a week on 19 May.

3 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

The bars will be closed from 6 PM  13 May (Saturday) until 6 PM 14 May (Sunday). Possibly some bars may remain open but no alcohol sales, but unlikely. Massage shops can open.

And no alcohol sales during that time period.

Last Saturday Screwboys was open with soft drinks. The other bars on Patpong were closed. As you say, Sunday is normal after 6pm.

Ask the boys. My Bangkok knowledge is outdated. 

Pattaya... You can go to many places for drinking and boys. Usually the places owned by relatives of police or officials.

From my Bangkok days, I can tell you we used to head to Sathorn Soi 1. But you will need a local to show you. Most of those hidden bars look like house fronts.  

10 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Just finished packing for my first cross ocean trip since December 2020.  I arrive Bangkok early on the 13th. 

....... I'll be in Bangkok from the 13th to morning of the 18th.  I'll return for a week on 19 May.

some people have all luck in life

waiting for report impatiently but with patience

3 minutes ago, kokopelli3 said:

No alcohol sales between 6 PM Saturday and 6 PM Sunday.  Maybe in small mom and pop stores it is possible.

Old guy near Malasia Hotel in Bangkok. 

The booze shop near Bambo Bar in Jomtien. 

It's never hard to find alcohol if you forgot to buy some before 6pm. 

7 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

I did some duty free shopping in Zurich waiting for my flight. Seems like in room entertaining election Eve.  

happy arrival in Bangkok and don't worry about anything, after all you are not flying there to get drunk, do you ?