reader

Ladyboy steals 10,000 baht from tourist’s pocket

Unless you want to date them, it's probably good practice to keep arm's length from unknown amorous labyboys.

From The Thaiger

A ladyboy was arrested for stealing 10,700 baht from an Israeli tourist on Sukhumvit Soi 4 in Bangkok.

A 63 year old man of Israeli nationality travelled to Lumpini Police Station late on Monday night to report that a ladyboy stole 10,700 baht from his pocket as she hugged him. The victim managed to snap a quick photo of the thief which he showed to the police.

Soon enough, police found a ladyboy with the same appearance as the photo standing alone in Sukhumvit Soi 4 in Bangkok’s Khlong Teoi district. Police opened her LYN brand black leather bag to find 10,700 baht and marched her to the station.

Lumpini Police arrested 32 year old Jankij Chankijakorn under suspicion of, “theft at night.” She confessed to hugging the foreigner and secretly snatching the stash of cash inside his pocket. The victim confirmed the identity of the thief.

Last month, a Taiwanese tourist thought he lost his wallet during Songkran celebrations on Silom Road in Bangkok. Upon inspecting a short video that his friend took, he realised that his wallet was stolen by a ladyboy who sexually harassed him.

In the 13-second-long clip, the Taiwanese tourist is pictured trying to get away from a ladyboy who repeatedly attempted to grope him. As she tries to touch him, she snatches the wallet from his pocket without anyone noticing.

my prescription to avoid such situations is :

wear multipocketed shirt and trousers / shorts

spread your cash  among those pockets, preferably with fixed amount in each

leave your  wallet in safe  box in the room

limit amount of cash you have on you to what you think you will spend before returning to your room plus tip for your possible companion

that way even if one will be robbed , highly unlikely will lose everything not to mention bulky wallet clearly shows target to a potential thief

so far served me well with one possible exception (not sure I lost 500 or got it stolen in crowded BTS )

I'm always amazed to see patrons paying their checks , pulling out wallets clearly packed with week's  worth of spending money  like there are no other ways to impress people around