reader

Bangkok Pat's Foreigners election guide

Interesting to see what the parties are offering. It would have been helpful if he had indicated also the expected percentage vote range for the parties - some of them are polling in the low single digits, while Pheu Thai are polling the best by far.

Perhaps that is why they tended to shy away from specifics in their promises. I must admit I had wry smile when Pat said that they are promising to make coups harder in the future. I am sure they would love to implement that one!

As an aside, the rest of Pats channel is very interesting for people with an interest places to see in Bangkok.

Now we wait for the 250 army appointed Senators to determine if they will endorse the changes that the Thai people have clearly shown they desire. With Move Forward and Pheu Thai seemingly gaining their majorities from a largely youth vote (and young people persuading their family members to vote for them), will the ultra conservative nature of Thai politics finally change? Or will the Senators and the equally conservative Electoral Commission find a way to water down the election results or even nullify the vote? These look to be exciting times.

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

(and young people persuading their family members to vote for them),

or simply hiding their members  ID thus prohibiting them from voting, trick used by my nephew after political  quarrel with his father . Day after voting ID appeared hidden under some book on father's desk. 

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

Now we wait for the 250 army appointed Senators to determine if they will endorse the changes that the Thai people have clearly shown they desire. With Move Forward and Pheu Thai seemingly gaining their majorities, will the ultra conservative nature of Thai politics finally change? Or will the Senators and the equally conservative Electoral Commission find a way to water down the election results or even nullify the vote? These look to be exciting times.

My take of it  is they will try to water it down  but with nation clearly speaking  nature of politics there will change, slowly but surely it's my guess and wish.