ggobkk

Coffee Grinder Silom

After being introduced to the owners by ggobkk at a chance meeting in Patpong, I had an opportunity to visit Coffee Grinder Silom with a friend late  this morning. I had a mango cooler and he went for iced chocolate which were both good matches for this seemingly endless heat wave. Although the shop has been open less than a few weeks, it was well-attended and running smoothly, able aided by ggobkk’s favorite barista and friendly waiter. 

Before leaving, we got a tour of the rental rooms above the shop. Nicely appointed with en-suite shower and comfy bed, they rent for about 2.000 bht per night. ST rentals would be considered on an availability basis.

This is a second-floor lounge available to customers. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3f63fba76f08e4b4e5ddc1c67277c4b1.jpeg

Looks really nice. Rooms at 2000 are not a bad offer for the area although unfortunately above of what cheap skates like me are prepared to pay. Nothing stops from splurging from time to time though , specially considering location

• Members
1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Looks really nice. Rooms at 2000 are not a bad offer for the area although unfortunately above of what cheap skates like me are prepared to pay. Nothing stops from splurging from time to time though , specially considering location

Riobard: Since they would already have you jacked up on caffeine it seems implicit that short-time room let would not be for napping, and the establishment would turn a blind eye to any percolating shenanigans within reason in the quarters? 

22 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Riobard: Since they would already have you jacked up on caffeine it seems implicit that short-time room let would not be for napping, and the establishment would turn a blind eye to any percolating shenanigans within reason in the quarters? 

Vinapu: impossible to jack me up on caffeine . I drink coffee but don't like aftertaste so rarely do it outside of my digs because urge of brushing teeth immediately.

In the area I don't need short time rooms because I stay in tested visitor friendly hotels. But staying right beside Tawan , my most favorite bar I hope to visit at some point between now and Christmas has advantages for me. just not for 2000, yet. 

• Members
49 minutes ago, vinapu said:

In the area I don't need short time rooms because I stay in tested visitor friendly hotels. But staying right beside Tawan , my most favorite bar I hope to visit at some point between now and Christmas has advantages for me. just not for 2000, yet. 

I get it. I just looked at my apartment cost in the area I booked a while ago for a trip later in the year and for the first time I converted it: 1400 baht.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:10 AM, vinapu said:

Feasting there on churros as we speak.

Very nice place , not expensive and nice respite from midday heat. And yes right across from Tawan,s old location and 2 door from new one.

Generous mug of tea.

Staff cute and smiling.

Great addition to the scene and area.

Vinapu, I have not been to Bangkok since 2019. I'm approaching 74 so I doubted I would return as I love Santo Domingo as well. But, I'm beginning to reconsider. I know so much as changed . I used to stay at Tawan and that all gay place on Rama V at the end of the soi where Dicks was.  

I know so much as changed, reading through so many threads and making sense is hard. Is there a reliable source? A thread that's current ? Another site with a good synopsis? If you could direct me I would deeply appreciate it - I wonder how many guys are in my situation?

On 6/2/2023 at 10:10 PM, paborn said:

Vinapu, I have not been to Bangkok since 2019. ....I know so much as changed .  

... reading through so many threads and making sense is hard. Is there a reliable source? A thread that's current ? 

As they say in Burkina Faso, everything needs to change for all to stay the same.

Scene moved to Patpoing as Dick's soi is now building site, some bars closed  ,some opened in new premises but essentially all is the same, you go to bar, invite boy to sit with you over drink, fend off mamasan- in most cases the same people. In bars like Tawan or Dreamboys  you may even see familiar, even if 4 years older faces.

I'd start with very current thread running ,,Patpong comings and goings,, to give you an idea