young11

rio in may 2023, a short report

• Members

Your overall impression is similar to mine. Several weeks in Rio each of past 2 winters. I need to get away from northern cold and there is always the hope that a nice volume of impressive looking trade will make the travel distance worthwhile. Fortunately, the cost of living for extended vacationing there is very manageable and nonsexual aspects are fine, though getting rather same old same old routine.

Expectations for access to guys that appeal has required some adjustment. Fewer and farther between but generally positive exchanges. Nobody that I absolutely need to repeat with. Not much evidence of “new crop” phenomena.

I no longer experience withdrawal upon return home, no longer immediately look at flights to help in coping with missing the opportunities that used to have more ‘wow factor’ and contribute to the regret of leaving. If my home base was Europe I doubt that I would go to Brazil other than for seasonal southern hemisphere climate. I have no strong desire to return to Rio. That level of indifference would have been inconceivable several years ago. 

• Members
40 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Should've been the title of the post 😆

I think more guys are working online via sites and apps....the entry fee keeps rising and is a gamble if they get a programa or not.

The saunas don't select they guys, so they have no control if muscle guys come or not.

It's hit or miss.... I was in Lagoa tonight and were 5 guys that I could've gone with...brought 1 back to my room, that I have never seen before, from Recife and was GREAT.

I'm not a fan of Rio, I'm more big city vampire.....SP usually fits all my needs, apartments, guys, restaurants, flights.

My thoughts exactly about São Paulo over Rio. Mind you my view is coloured by the fact I was once mugged in Rio but have been to São Paulo 9 times unscathed. 
I have not visited since Lagoa moved. Can you give me your thoughts on the “new” Lagoa and how it compares with the old? 

• Members
6 hours ago, floridarob said:

Should've been the title of the post 😆

I think more guys are working online via sites and apps....the entry fee keeps rising and is a gamble if they get a programa or not.

The saunas don't select they guys, so they have no control if muscle guys come or not.

It's hit or miss.... I was in Lagoa tonight and were 5 guys that I could've gone with...brought 1 back to my room, that I have never seen before, from Recife and was GREAT.

I'm not a fan of Rio, I'm more big city vampire.....SP usually fits all my needs, apartments, guys, restaurants, flights.

Yep. Those model-looking hotties you all are missing from 117 are probably available on Instagram nowadays. 

• Members
10 hours ago, vinapu said:

getting old has it's uses I guess

Though I warrant the libidinal warranty never seems to expire, as many here will warningly attest, en route to the final stiffie. You may relate to this: once a slut, always … 😉

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

Yep. Those model-looking hotties you all are missing from 117 are probably available on Instagram nowadays. 

I wish some of them would discover rentmasseur, more a happy medium between explicit labour-defining ads for them and needing to second guess and sort for us. Most of them are thematically oriented to the salutary benefits of fitness, nutrition and pampering to begin with. They have more control over what can transpire on the table. Reviews therein tend to be very cryptic and a bit better support the avoidance of unfortunate commercial sex work stigmatization.

6 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Can you give me your thoughts on the “new” Lagoa and how it compares with the old? 

Better location, in my eyes. Smaller, spread out on multiple floors, only a couple of "muscle" types, not as many as before, no loss for me. More expensive, like everything else ......can't believe a city the size of SP only supports 1 gay sauna like this.

But is still good most times and better than nothing and gives me a reason to visit SP

By Reyzinho you means this GP?

https://garotocomlocal.com.br/acompanhante-masculino/reyzinho-santos/

Some comments were made about him last year in another thread: (page 2)

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/37908-8-days-in-sao-paulo/page/2/

Subsequent to my visit April last year he also sent me messages asking for help (ajuda)

• Members
5 hours ago, Riobard said:

I wish some of them would discover rentmasseur, more a happy medium between explicit labour-defining ads for them and needing to second guess and sort for us. Most of them are thematically oriented to the salutary benefits of fitness, nutrition and pampering to begin with. They have more control over what can transpire on the table. Reviews therein tend to be very cryptic and a bit better support the avoidance of unfortunate commercial sex work stigmatization.

Wishful thinking. Brazilians love IG, and it is free for them, unlike professional advertising.

• Members
27 minutes ago, babybear2 said:

available on onlyfans, haha

Not all of them. It is not so easy for a Brazilian to open an OF account. Indeed, reach out to those who have one, but you will miss many pearls. 

I stay in the saunas. I am not into the kind of guys many friends here are missing, and the test driving does not have competition in my book. 

• Members
41 minutes ago, Jake789 said:

I was in Club 117 these past two weeks and it was not like before the pandemic.   Very few good looking.   Lagoa in SP had gorgeous models 

That really clears up the destination decision-making. Rodolfo couldn’t have expressed it better. 😀
Anybody else finding migration patterns migraine inducing? One-stop Barcelona is beginning to look a lot like Xmas. 

• Members
2 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

In so far as I can decipher this comment it is unnecessary rudeness.

2 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

In so far as I can decipher this comment it is unnecessary rudeness.

It was neither necessary nor rude, so half right. No shortage of throwaway comments entered by many of our peers. 

I don’t apologize for others’ lack of sense of humour. You unwittingly set up a follow-up based on a Mercutio line, a feline line, like low hanging fruit. No fault there but my riffing on it wasn’t obnoxious simply because you’re grousing about it. If it didn’t land, then fine, it wasn’t the cat’s meow and all fours could be a myth.

Tough audience; one moves on.

That said, I’m glad you have survived your many visits and have your own autonomous way of processing the one mishap you endured by letting the accounting of it all hang out, in fact, several times if I’m not mistaken. No harm no foul there. It’s a reasonable tripadvisor input and the reader can take or leave the vicissitudes of travel, the heeding you may think is obligatory to share. I do wonder, though, how it serves the readership in terms of the assortative aspect you implied, how to make sense of a comparator tale of two cities. Nobody at all is spared an eventual fate worse than a cringeworthy robbery. In truth, The Bard was all over that, inn’t?

So hang in there, de-center, not everything is about you. Gallows humour is not a rarity or verboten on this board. Nor is the pressing need to control the narrative regarding another member’s MO, which by the way I would be inclined, in fact, to decipher as myopically rude. 

• Members
18 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

My thoughts exactly about São Paulo over Rio. Mind you my view is coloured by the fact I was once mugged in Rio but have been to São Paulo 9 times unscathed. 

Without mentioning any names, there was a prolific poster here who, although he never mentioned it on the boards, was recently (as in the past several years) mugged, robbed or physically assaulted on the streets of São Paulo on three trips in a row. He did not mention it publicly but he told friends. I am not sure why, but I suspect he didn’t discuss it here or any of the other popular gay travel boards because São Paulo is his favorite city in Brazil.

But to suggest that crime is somehow greater in Rio than in São Paulo is not exactly absurd. It is, not just perceptually, but even statistically. The homicide rate in Rio is nearly 3 times that of São Paulo. São Paulo being the economic center of South America is just a wealthier city than Rio, with a more robust police force, which helps reduce at least the perception of crime if not the reality of it.

• Members
On 5/20/2023 at 4:03 PM, speedoo1 said:

By Reyzinho you means this GP?

https://garotocomlocal.com.br/acompanhante-masculino/reyzinho-santos/

Some comments were made about him last year in another thread: (page 2)

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/37908-8-days-in-sao-paulo/page/2/

Subsequent to my visit April last year he also sent me messages asking for help (ajuda)

Yep that's him. Stay away 😂