Olddaddy

Transphobia

Is it only me noticing all these protests around the World against trans people reading story books to children in libraries?

What's going on !

Look I don't agree with drag queens reading books to kids but no need for the hate by these groups 

• Members

My sense is that it is an odd way to assert representation unless story time readers as a whole are a broadly heterogeneous set of people. I am not sure if the dust up is that the cross gender impersonation subgroup is aiming for a niche role that supplants alternative representations or they are simply angling for integrative opportunity equity.

I am also of the view that the written word need not be more dramatically emphasized when rendered aloud and that a normal cadence of speech closer to the internalization of a child’s visual story reading allows what the author chose to write to take the lead role. I probably would have approached my first personal read of a Bobbsey Twins novel differently had my initial experience of a different novel in the series been that of a drag performer reading it all aloud. I am not sure, however, what would have been value-added about it. We read, in contrast to ostentatiously styled auditory storytelling, essentially deadpan-ish and enjoy it as much. Whatever tonal variations a child engrossed in a book projects onto the text is conferred sufficiently by regular speech patterns around them.

• Members

Of course, there is no problem with US kids being continuously exposed to violence in video games and everyday life, murdered by crazies with assault rifles, and going through shelter-in-place and active shooter drills monthly in their schools. All that is fine. Only sissies and snowflake liberals would be traumatized by that.

But drag queens reading books to kids??? Dios Mío! They could go gay or in love with reading! HORROR!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Riobard said:

My sense is that it is an odd way to assert representation unless story time readers as a whole are a broadly heterogeneous set of people. I am not sure if the dust up is that the cross gender impersonation subgroup is aiming for a niche role that supplants alternative representations or they are simply angling for integrative opportunity equity.

I am also of the view that the written word need not be more dramatically emphasized when rendered aloud and that a normal cadence of speech closer to the internalization of a child’s visual story reading allows what the author chose to write to take the lead role. I probably would have approached my first personal read of a Bobbsey Twins novel differently had my initial experience of a different novel in the series been that of a drag performer reading it all aloud. I am not sure, however, what would have been value-added about it. We read, in contrast to ostentatiously styled auditory storytelling, essentially deadpan-ish and enjoy it as much. Whatever tonal variations a child engrossed in a book projects onto the text is conferred sufficiently by regular speech patterns around them.

Love it  😂 

You have quite a way with words and describing it ,love your post .😊

2 hours ago, caeron said:

If you don't want your kids there, don't bring them. How hard is this for people?

Yes definitely!

They were in the protests chanting "Leave the kids Alone !

But your right don't let your kids go !

Look to tell you the truth I do agree to a certain extent that I don't agree