floridarob

Sao Paulo Now

I've been here about a week now...nothing different to report really, every night has been a busy night, lots of guys new and old , good for clients.

Tonight, what was different was there were a lot of "muscle" guys.....felt like Lagoa of days past.

I'll be here a couple of more nights and am over booked.......a few guys that I've known for awhile, are getting thick (chunky).......funny how they always said they'd never be fat and I told them , we'll see 😝

I almost won Bingo the other night, was 1 number away.....I'm sure it's fixed 🤐

Is anyone else here??

• Members

I finally got to lunch at A Casa do Porco several weeks ago, on your list and some top 50 global lists as well. Already a line at 11:30 and I think I got the last available table after standing outside for 45 minutes.

Inexpensive considering its status.

Spot! has  a good pork ribs dish but the aforementioned is a must. No way I could have put away the tasting menu; I saw a few others plowing through it. I had a signature roast pork with the small sides and a delicious light dessert. 

My Mastercard was refused; their machine the issue. Fortunately, my never used backup Visa worked. I always carry cash as well because vendors tend to look at you like it’s your problem not their temperamental card readers. 

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

Gotta try their pulled pork sandwiches sold out of the side window, like 5usd more or less.....🐷

Yes, noted that option. And with a Bacio di Latte (full location with seating) also right there across from the Italia Bldg, makes for a decent tasty Republica outing. (Not that I would have ice cream following a CdoP dessert.) 

• Members
3 hours ago, floridarob said:

So....Tonight, Saturday the 27th, last Sat of the month. There was Bingo, never knew this was a thing..    Didn't come close to winning , but coming to a close of 10 days of maybe my best trip in a LONG time!!

Good to know. Everybody cares about bingo halls. I understand that old ladies from Florida get very upset when Bingo! is openly expressed over the mic with a stack of cards barely stamped. Hope nobody got in your way. Now you get a break. Try Clue.

• Members
On 5/27/2023 at 4:17 AM, floridarob said:

I've been here about a week now...nothing different to report really, every night has been a busy night, lots of guys new and old , good for clients.

Tonight, what was different was there were a lot of "muscle" guys.....felt like Lagoa of days past.

I'll be here a couple of more nights and am over booked.......a few guys that I've known for awhile, are getting thick (chunky).......funny how they always said they'd never be fat and I told them , we'll see 😝

I almost won Bingo the other night, was 1 number away.....I'm sure it's fixed 🤐

Is anyone else here??

Yes, a few, judging by the 1.57 reactions per post. 

I got the same immigration agent leaving as when I entered, we both thought that was so funny/rare.

When I got there, I asked about the upcoming Visa requirement....he wasn't sure and said he'd ask because he was wondering also.

So on the way out, he told me he asked and was told will be in October but that's all they knew, not if it would be consular visit or electronic.

• Members
58 minutes ago, Lucky said:

October 1 is the date I was given for the new visa requirement.

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Brazil is reintroducing the requirement to obtain tourist visas for citizens of the U.S., Australia, Canada, and Japan starting Oct. 1, the foreign ministry said.

ABC News

This is no different from the info posted here some 15 weeks ago, directly sourced from government public information releases and I believe it may have been a stand-alone forum topic There may have been a slim chance of amendment based on negotiation but looks like none of the four nations will budge. 

• Members

I sneaked away to SP in March. Was meaning to check in with a report but had no time. I would agree that Lagoa was the best I'd seen it post-Covid. Still not as good as the old location - and one of the reception staffers who recognized me also agreed - but the selection was quite a lot beefier.