Olddaddy

Any latest report on CM

Anyone done CM lately?

Is Adam apple still going?

I'm thinking a few days up there on my next trip .

If you don't feel comfortable replying  on here ( for various reasons)  just PM me .

Sadly true - even accounting for it being low season the number of locals out and about attending the venues has also diminished. Connections Bar in Soi 6 of the Night Bazaar seems to have boys most nights. Circle Pub is soldiering on as is Adams Apple and Orion Bar 

I used to visit Chiang Mai regularly over many, many years and loved those trips. More recently, having seen the sights many times, been to Doi Inthanon to see the waterfalls, visited the orchid farms and ridden on elephants, I find the nights quite boring. I found the Night Bazaar bars dead! (That's really a misnomer as there are no longer any bars actually in the Night Bazaar whereas there used to be around 6 - even those behind the D2 hotel have vanished - as @musgrave points out there are a few on Soi 6 on the other side of the main road). Doing a bar hop on Soi 6, they had a few customers who seemed to be long time expats and a handful of not particularly attractive boys either playing pool or glued to their phones. 

So many of the good and fun bars have closed - many before covid. If you have not enjoyed the old town and the scenery, Chiang Mai is certainly worth a visit. As a gay venue, keep your expectations low. Adam's Apple with the boys in shorts and shirt tops? This used to be such an exciting bar with nudity. Alas for progress!