flashbarryallen

Any good Jupiter experiences?

I have reached the 10 day until departure mark, which brings on the deluge of fantasies. 

Well, there is one guy I’ve seen in Jupiter’s videos that I’ve been thinking about for a few months. However, I’m well aware of Jupiter’s reputation, though I also know complaints are often louder than satisfaction.

So, I guess I want to know if the reputation at Jupiter is as bad as it has become. Have you risked it with a Jupiter guy and walked away satisfied? I would love to know.

11 minutes ago, floridarob said:

I don't like the place at all....Vinapu seemed to have good luck once I think, but he's easy 😆

As a bar, I can definitely say I despise it, especially the new system of not having guys stand with numbers for extended periods of time. Those moments of imagining each one and what the night may turn out to be are glorious. Jupiter ripped that away with the awful only walk a couple of times system. Vile.

It's just when I get fixated on one person, it causes all good sense to go out the window 😉.

I took one guy back last December. Slightly more ex than guys in other bars but so so handsome! I will find him again next week when I am in Bangkok. I know he still works there because I saw him in Jupiter's videos on their social media. Let's meet up!

On 6/2/2023 at 6:09 PM, floridarob said:

I don't like the place at all....Vinapu seemed to have good luck once I think, but he's easy 😆

that's how one achieves longevity not burning itself over minor issues.

On merit ,yes I did not like Jupiter for years as boys seem be disinterested ,at least by their expressions .Apparently that's management policy ,customer is supposed to pursue guy , not other way around.  That  way we customers are supposed not to feel pressed . Whether it works as intended is another issue. To rub more salt, AC is usually too low and sound level too high, lethal combination. Few offs were invariably waste  of time and money, great bodies but rushy and greedy.

Post-covid it seems things improved  to a degree that my last  three  offs ,easy or not ,were great. Last one ,several days ago could be less speedy though but still pleasant company, not shy to walk hand in hand all the way from bar to soi 3 so at least some appreciation for and off was shown.  

So I'm in the market as long as Jupiter is concerned. 

And as commented recently , on my recent visit there ,all and absolutely all guys present were offing material for me .Probably first time of such occurrence anywhere

Showing my ignorance I have not been to Soi 4 since about 2015. Am I right in thinking that Jupiter is where Roxy used to be? For those with longer memories, that space was for years occupied by one of the great Bangkok gay Clubs, Rome Club. In some year, I believe around 1990, the owner decided to make a complete change. He ruined it by turning it into a straight club. That lasted all of a year before it closed. Another go-go bar Roxy then took over but it was not much nore successful, I suspect because Soi Twilight was then entrenched in visitors minds as the home of gogo boy bars. I cannot now recall what it became in the roughly 2 decades bewteen Roxy's closure and Jupiter's re-opening.

Since I was one of those fellow members big thank you to jason1975 for arranging fun evening  at Jupiter.

I too find appearance of number tags only during last final walksbout when most customers already left weird business practice. But boys were handsome as always and fun when seated with our trio.

I start developing hots for one of their most hideously tattooed guy, snakes and all,  and tipped him 100 for starters on my way upstairs ( nice name for toilet).

At least he smiled at me, he,he.

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I think as long as they are not on runway with their blank stares, they are allowed to smile and be humans again

I love how clingy some of the guys at our table became after they drank a few shots. Hehehe.

Thay were , I wonder if I wasted an opportunity by not taking guy with me.

10 hours ago, caeron said:

It's been a year since I went (twice). Both times I left shortly after arriving. I didn't like the staff much, and what was on offer at the moment wasn't great. Well, except the model who wanted 5000baht for a short time which seems high stakes on an unlikely bet.

5000 baht for short time!😳

Even Christianpfc would be outraged!🤣

On 6/5/2023 at 3:14 PM, PeterRS said:

Am I right in thinking that Jupiter is where Roxy used to be? For those with longer memories, that space was for years occupied by one of the great Bangkok gay Clubs, Rome Club.

Yes. Rome club I remember, Roxy I only have a vague memory. But it's the same building as where Jupiter is now.

14 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Yes. Rome club I remember, Roxy I only have a vague memory. But it's the same building as where Jupiter is now.

I only remember Roxy because for a time it employed a group of genuine dancers - as oppposed to go-go dancers. This group of 8 or so students had been formed in early 2001 specifically to provide alternative entertainment in the X-treme bar on the first floor of a building in Soi Twilight. Many found it a bit strange that the bar was run by a retired expat who had been employed by the Church of England in some capacity. All I recall is that he had a full head of white hair and his Thai boyfriend who was sometimes studying in the bar was aggressively handsome!

The bar also had a dozen or so go-go boys who never seemed very enthusiastic about the dancing part of the job. The boys in the real dance troupe on the other hand were great - mostly very good looking, excellent dancers, generally well-choreographed numbers with a bit of sexiness thrown in, and they happily flirted with customers between their two sets. If there was any problem with their 'act' it was long pauses between numbers.

X-treme died about a couple of years later when the German who owned 2 or 3 go-go bars on the opposite side of the soi took the dancers on for his bars. They obviously did little to improve his patronage and so he let them go. Roxy on Soi 4 took them on but there again I think they did not last long. 

I still have a DVD produced by the bar, although the visual quality is not good.

Scan2023-06-09_113227.thumb.jpg.8c640138216ff78122297eb74832c97d.jpg

15 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Yes. Rome club I remember

Another memory thanks to the friends at sawatdee network. This time a post by dab69 made on August 16 2011.

"In its early days Soi 4's nocturnal entertainment was fairly low-key. Except for one bar which was perhaps the most famous and popular of the early gay venues.

The Rise of the Rome Club
The Rome Club had a number of unsuccessful incarnations before its long run as Bangkok's erstwhile foremost gay/mixed venue; initially occupying a single shop-house it was so popular that it soon quadrupled in size. The club presented a successful mix of extravagantly staged dance shows with a Saturday Night Fever-style disco.

The owners presided over the events and the place did not warm up until the DJ strode across the floor, entered his box and played music that many recall as being the best disco selection in Bangkok. From 11 PM to closing the place was buzzing with bodies gyrating to the sounds of Abba, U2, Culture Club, Michael Jackson, Gloria Gaynor, Duran Duran and other pop greats. For the times it was an unbeatable formula.

Decline and Fall of the Rome Club
The Rome was a kind of Asian Studio 54, attracting a diverse and eclectic global clientele with many of what has been described as Bangkok's "Beautiful People" mixing and mingling with the more ordinary mortals.

For many years the Rome Club dominated the Bangkok gay scene by providing what their public wanted and operating an inclusive door policy: if you were gay or gay friendly, bisexual or some other orientation and above all good looking and trendy you were welcomed to enjoy the bar. But in a strange, sudden and inexplicable reversal of strategy the club's owners decided that their gay clientele were no longer welcome heralding the beginning of the end for this particular empire."

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?12445-Does-anyone-know-Gay-History/page2

The end was quick. As soon as gays began leaving in droves, the Club desperately tried to survive. But when a good 70%-75% of your clientele has disappeared, survival became impossible. Perhaps after such a success for at least 15 years the owners just had a death wish.