desi-scottish

Twinks in Pattaya

I’ve been to Thailand once before and went to a bar in Jomtien Complex. Nearby there were a lot of hot twinks with foreigners having a drink in the other bars. I want to have some fun with a twink like that when I next visit and they can keep me company in the bars. 

Do the twinks just hand around waiting for someone to approach them? If so was I too late? It was around 11pm when I went to the bars. I’m looking for advice on how to meet them and do I pay for their drinks and a separate fee for their time?IMG_6919.thumb.jpeg.1474e5f9464b81463112973369bb41c7.jpeg

Whats your definition of "twinks"?

I must say first I'm more into "manly"top  type Asian guys but I gather by twinks you mean young boyish looking?

Yes you buy a "boy drink" sit with them ,talk ,and you like them pay a "off" fee similar name "bar fine" usually around 300 baht then negotiate the service price with the "twink" usually 1000-1500 baht short time 

Sorry I just read your name and see it's Scottish,so do you mean "working twinks" as in moneyboys ?😊

So I gather last time you went you obviously didn't pick up?😳

So from your photo, looks like last time you were sat at @home bar, looking across at Sun Bar. Sun Bar has now moved, and the place you were looking at is called Jewel Bar. It has a handful of Cambodian boys, just as @home bar does. Sun Bar is a mixed bag with a lot of Lao boys.

As said above, if you walk down the street and see a boy you like, go sit in the bar, call him over and buy him a boy drink *normally 40 baht more expensive than yours*. This money goes to the boy for his time. If you have a boy sit with you it's expected to tip them. 100/200 baht seems to be common. If you want to take the boy home, you will pay the bar a fine. In Jomtien Complex this is 300 baht. Generally speaking the boy gets 100 baht of fit, the bar keeps the rest. 

As for what happens away from the bar and how much money you tip the boy at the end, that's something I would suggest negotiating fully before paying a bar fine. 

2 hours ago, desi-scottish said:

Do the twinks just hand around waiting for someone to approach them? If so was I too late? It was around 11pm when I went to the bars. I’m looking for advice on how to meet them and do I pay for their drinks and a separate fee for their time?

Olddaddy and gayinpattaya  covered everything you asked. However, the lads may or may not, come to sit with you unless you invite them. But surely will sit with you if offered a drink for which you pay. So, don't be shy and do give a tip even if you do not off them.

Sorry I hope my other post didn't come across as condescending,now I re-read it again it sort of seems it does ,I apologise if that is the case.

One thing in Pattaya the boys/guys will find YOU ,you don't need to approach them they will come to you 😉

7 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Whats your definition of "twinks"?

I must say first I'm more into "manly"top  type Asian guys but I gather by twinks you mean young boyish looking?

Yes you buy a "boy drink" sit with them ,talk ,and you like them pay a "off" fee similar name "bar fine" usually around 300 baht then negotiate the service price with the "twink" usually 1000-1500 baht short time 

Sorry I just read your name and see it's Scottish,so do you mean "working twinks" as in moneyboys ?😊

So I gather last time you went you obviously didn't pick up?😳

Didn’t find this condescending at all. 

When I went it was late and it seemed all the half decent looking moneyboys were occupied. So I ended up offing someone from a nearby bar where they all stand on stage and a mamasan hassles you. So I ended up  paying way quite bit..  

Next time I will be more forward and arrive earlier. 

5 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

So from your photo, looks like last time you were sat at @home bar, looking across at Sun Bar. Sun Bar has now moved, and the place you were looking at is called Jewel Bar. It has a handful of Cambodian boys, just as @home bar does. Sun Bar is a mixed bag with a lot of Lao boys.

As said above, if you walk down the street and see a boy you like, go sit in the bar, call him over and buy him a boy drink *normally 40 baht more expensive than yours*. This money goes to the boy for his time. If you have a boy sit with you it's expected to tip them. 100/200 baht seems to be common. If you want to take the boy home, you will pay the bar a fine. In Jomtien Complex this is 300 baht. Generally speaking the boy gets 100 baht of fit, the bar keeps the rest. 

As for what happens away from the bar and how much money you tip the boy at the end, that's something I would suggest negotiating fully before paying a bar fine. 

This is really helpful thank you. 

On 6/5/2023 at 6:25 AM, kokopelli3 said:

Olddaddy and gayinpattaya  covered everything you asked. However, the lads may or may not, come to sit with you unless you invite them. But surely will sit with you if offered a drink for which you pay. So, don't be shy and do give a tip even if you do not off them.

I often see a few boys sit with only one customer drinking together. He pays for all these boys (drinks AND tip for sitting with him)? Or he is just a regular and the boys know him and come sit for free with him?

32 minutes ago, abidismaili said:

I often see a few boys sit with only one customer drinking together. He pays for all these boys (drinks AND tip for sitting with him)? Or he is just a regular and the boys know him and come sit for free with him?

I'm thinking some farangs ( are we still allowed to say the word "farangs" with all the WOKE people on here?😀

But anyway as I was saying some farangs buy a bottle of whisky and share it with the boys, they drink with them and tip them at the end for sitting with them and talking to them about World affairs and politics in New Zealand

The  unused portion of the bottle can go back onto the shelf in the bar for when the farang comes back ,most bars will do that if your a regular.

19 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm thinking some farangs ( are we still allowed to say the word "farangs" with all the WOKE people on here?😀

Yes it is allowed. Woke is only sensitive for non-white steroetypes. Since farang = white western male it is allowed. You can even call them racist, evil etc. All allowed. Of course not allowed for any other race/gender.

3 hours ago, abidismaili said:

It's hard for some to believe, but for expats, popping open a bottle of Blend 285 and drinking with staff is not something that requires tipping. Most of the time you see this, it's likely the guy isn't a customer. Especially in low season. It's just another day. I often drink with Thai / Lao friends. I don't pay them/tip them lol. It just fills their time till the next tourist wonders down the street with a wallet full of holiday money. 

2 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

It's hard for some to believe, but for expats, popping open a bottle of Blend 285 and drinking with staff is not something that requires tipping. Most of the time you see this, it's likely the guy isn't a customer. Especially in low season. It's just another day. I often drink with Thai / Lao friends. I don't pay them/tip them lol. It just fills their time till the next tourist wonders down the street with a wallet full of holiday money. 

Well you did pay them in the above scenario more or less. You buy the bottle and share it with them. Free drinks for the boys. If they sat with you and you did not give them anything at all, and yet they chatted with you for free for 30 minutes-1 hour, does that happen? If this does happen and you get this for free I will never tip them again for sitting with me.  Because why pay if other older farang get their company for free?

20 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I was under the impression you buy a bottle and tip the staff sitting with you?

Some of you don't tip for this?

Apparently not when you are an expat. Then this rule doesnt apply. Even if you just like me - a tourist - are at that moment a customer of the bar and like to have company of boys. Then as an expat just paying the drink is enough.

Next time I will say "I am an expat, I understand you dont expect tips then so I wont give you anything, only a drink"

34 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

.... and tip the staff sitting with you?

Some of you don't tip for this?

I personally don't tip just for sitting with me and having drink on me but always do tip when get more touchy feely- not necessarily in nether regions even. My reasoning is if I do to them something out of ordinary like hand holding or embracing they should be compensated for me invading their personal space. More personal invasion results in bigger tips.

36 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I personally don't tip just for sitting with me and having drink on me but always do tip when get more touchy feely- not necessarily in nether regions even. My reasoning is if I do to them something out of ordinary like hand holding or embracing they should be compensated for me invading their personal space. More personal invasion results in bigger tips.

What about in a Go Go bar if you call a boy down for a drink and just chat ,do you tip him for his time ?

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

What about in a Go Go bar if you call a boy down for a drink and just chat ,do you tip him for his time ?

If I call boy down for a drink it means either I'm serious about offing him, either today or in day or two and want to secure him or for old times sake.

In first case If we settle on an off I don't tip as he will received one in the room. If we don't agree on terms for whatever reason yes , I would tip him but certainly will be trying to use his presence to at least hand his hand or embrace him for a moment.

If it's for old times sake then the same  applies , tip for a feel, although not necessarily for a feel THERE

I tend to be more relax with tipping. Just one simple rule, if i like the guy and want to see him again, ill tip. This apply to very helpful mamasan, cute waiter, cute singer, cute barker outside, cute bartender, well u get the idea. Tipping for me is to indicate i appreciate and like them, for whatever service they provided me. I dont tip rude and or pushy mamasan, guys im not interested in, guys who sits near me uninvited and not my type, waiter just for doing their job i.e brings my order and nothing else etc.

I dont drink, so i rarely in position to open a bottle, but on one occassion, i did, won a bottle at a lucky draw during one of the bar anniversary, and i tip the waiter and mamasan who had been serving our table, drinking shots and chatting and having fun with us. I didnt call boys since im already with two boys from other place. Those two boys, i also tipped them afterward for joining me for the bar visit, though one of them refuse my tips, since he isnt a money boy. But even then, i did tipped him extra the next day i met him at his work.

As for how much, this also correlate with how much i like the guy and how much likely ill be  seeing the guy again, of course within reason aka, what the agreed tip + some. This also depends on my mood too, which usually due to the service i received but sometimes due to external factors too.

There is one time i actually just called guys from jupiter to sit with me, order drinks for him and clearly told him im not taking him. I did this with 3 guys in a row, just to see how they are reacting. Its a fun experiment, and out of the 3, 2 actually stays with me and enjoy my company, while one obviously couldnt wait to be away from me, probably to get to a diff customer who will off him. I dont blame him, but somehow mamasan saw this and scold him and ask him to stay sit with me, at least until his drink is finished. In this scenario, i didnt tip him, but tip the mamasan instead. The other two boys did get tips from me. The last one actually gets higher tip as there was touchy feely happening lol 

39 minutes ago, spoon said:

....... mamasan saw this and scold him and ask him to stay sit with me, at least until his drink is finished. 

I consider this type of behavior i.e. when boy is offered drink , accepts it and leaves after taking sip or two , extremely rude.

It happened to me at Moonlight last trip , well known and multiple times offed guy, lets call him A,  asked for drink so I agreed. He took one sip and asked for permission to go for a minute to chat with other (lady) client . Minute turned to rest of the evening , till at least I was in the bar. He never returned. Since we know each other well I thought he took me too lightly. After all it was 400 baht drink not beer at 7/11

Next time there, week and half later  situation repeated , he approaches me asks for drink. I agreed but told him to his red face that I expect him to  sit with me until drink will be done because I did not like what happened last time. This time he did, I even tipped him but  to keep balance called also other guy to wing me and offed  that other guy.

52 minutes ago, spoon said:

very helpful mamasan, cute waiter, cute singer, cute barker outside, cute bartender, well u get the idea. Tipping for me is to indicate i appreciate and like them, for whatever service they provided me.

That's my tipping rule as well!

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

I consider this type of behavior i.e. when boy is offered drink , accepts it and leaves after taking sip or two , extremely rude.

It happened to me at Moonlight last trip , well known and multiple times offed guy, lets call him A,  asked for drink so I agreed. He took one sip and asked for permission to go for a minute to chat with other (lady) client . Minute turned to rest of the evening , till at least I was in the bar. He never returned. Since we know each other well I thought he took me too lightly. After all it was 400 baht drink not beer at 7/11

Next time there, week and half later  situation repeated , he approaches me asks for drink. I agreed but told him to his red face that I expect him to  sit with me until drink will be done because I did not like what happened last time. This time he did, I even tipped him but  to keep balance called also other guy to wing me and offed  that other guy.

You have a lot of patience,either that or the guy was a stunner ,I would of told him to 🖕🖕

That's the problem....one of the lessons I learned as a newbie was that the most stunning dancers weren't necessarily the best companions....and certainly not the best in bed. If they know their value- the  certainty of an off- they may provide a poorer service.

What annoyed me was  rushing out the door after the final act of- in my case- the comedy. A couple of times not even bothering to shower. OK, they are professionals and are there to make money but as the motto of Winchester School has it, "Manners maketh man."