Ramzes

Mosaik Apartments

I just booked three weeks in February at the Mosaik Apartments following the recommendation of a friend resident of Pattaya; however, he never stayed there. I did not send the required deposit yet.

I search this board and there is a thread on the subject dated three years ago. Anyone stayed there recently willing to share comments, pros and cons?

Any recommendations for a similar accommodation in the same area? I am not a beach person, so I don't have much interest for Jomtien area.

Thanks.

Thanks for your advice Luvthai but I didn't made any commitments other than asking to reserve a studio for the dates I will be in Pattaya. They came back with a booking and now are asking for a deposit of 5000 Bath and they don't accept credit cards. They requested that I send the money via Western Union. It would cost me 1000Bath to send 5000 if I do that. I don't like this business practice and don't think it is good business practice for a hotel, albeit an apartment hotel, not to take credit cards.

The Mosaik was recommended to me by a friend living in Pattaya but he has never stayed there himself. I read very good reviews but nowhere was it mentioned that they require a cash deposit and that they don't take credit cards. I am in no way committed to them and if I find something similar in the same area I just have to send them an email to tell them: Cancel!

I also never stayed there because they not accept credit cards or paypal. I never will pay a deposit with western union when the fee is about 20% or more. Whats the problem to pay after arrival? I believe they would have more customers with better conditions of payment.

I have stayed at the Mosaik and enjoyed my time there. The management is the least professional of any place I have stayed in Thailand. The housekeeping staff is excellent (even though you pay for bed changes, etc.). The security was easy to deal with. Mosaik is right across from my favorite restaurant, Salt and Pepper (inexpensive Thai food).

The rooms are nicely done. The noise level varies according to which room you get, on which floor and in which direction.

All in all, there are better places for the money. I would never pay via Western Union. I would also never book a place that cannot be canceled and no money back. I always had to pay in cash when I was there. I never found that odd, I just thought it was part of Thailand. But, I was a newbie back then and the Mosaik had just opened.

For location, it is great. Right next to Tut com and not far walk from Boyztown and Sunee. They don't have joiners fees to my knowledge. They have lots of long term residents and as many short termers. The short termers can be loud and obnoxious. The long term guys are easy going and nice.

I think the management is made up of a group of Valley girl blonds. :) But, that is my only complaint from them for my stay. I have friends that were overcharged at checkout for one thing or another but that has happened to me at many hotels and I always go over the bill directly item by item.

Right next to Tut com

Actually, it's Tuk Com, not Tut Com.

Let's see, 5000 baht cash deposit payable via Western Union, fees to have your bed linens changed, over-charging at check out, and a staff comprised of "Valley girl blonds."

"You'll have to do better than that." -Merlin, 'Excalibur'

All in all, there are better places for the money.

I agree

I would never pay via Western Union.

I agree

I would also never book a place that cannot be canceled and no money back.

I more or less agree. Sometimes I book through Agoda which tends to have a liberal cancellation policy where you don't lose too much.

Guest jtrack33

Actually, it's Tuk Com, not Tut Com.

Let's see, 5000 baht cash deposit payable via Western Union, fees to have your bed linens changed, over-charging at check out, and a staff comprised of "Valley girl blonds."

"You'll have to do better than that." -Merlin, 'Excalibur'

GB, you forgot this bit: " The management is the least professional of any place I have stayed in Thailand." :p

Guest fountainhall
I would also never book a place that cannot be canceled and no money back

I think much depends on how frequently you travel - and I know GT travels a lot. I book non-refundable rates most of the time. Very occasionally - about once a year - I cannot make a trip or have to change dates, and so I lose the deposit (or sometimes the full charge). The way I look at it, I save so much on all the other trips that I am still a lot better off then paying a flexible rate.