Ramzes

Planet Romeo

Seen on Planet Romeo from a Thai. Can anyone make it out?

I find the name SAI were not fans and friends were not. What many do not were not. I am a casual person. I received were not gay. But were not expressed it work? were not talking to each other. Because I am friends with were not

Would like to see the good one others have seen

Except for those who explicitly state: "need take care me" any tips on how to recognize the money boys from the others?

Except for those who explicitly state: "need take care me" any tips on how to recognize the money boys from the others?

While some are sincerely trying to find a meaningful relationship, you have to remember that very few of these boys who advertise themselves on personals sites are there because they are looking for a much older farang, a total stranger, because they want to have sex with him for free. If they were offering themselves for free sex, they don't need personals sites to find what they're looking for.

If you use the personals sites very much, it doesn't take very long to get a handle on which ones are money boys. Clues such as the "take care me" give it away, along with the ones who say they are college students. If they say they are looking for people from age 18 to 99, that's a good clue too. If there is a "guestbook," read it. Often people who have been with these boys will write something about their experience with him.

The ones who are age 30+ usually are not money boys.

Another way to find out is to simply ask them. Ask something like, "What are you looking for? Do you want a boyfriend? Do you want money?" If they're looking for money, that's usually when they'll tell you.

If you are not certain, and you're trying to find a non-money boy, offer to meet him first for 'short time.' If he turns out to be a money boy, give him his short time money and then make your decision as to whether you want to see him again or not.

If you ask before agreeing to meet the boy, he'll usually be honest about it. They know that if they assure a farang that they are not a money boy, but then ask for money anyway after meeting you, they may not get any.

But you have to be honest too. Before agreeing to meet the boy, make sure you make it clear to him that you do not want a money boy and you're not going to give him money other than taxi fare or pay for his meal if you take him out to dinner or something. If he knows you've told him you're not going to pay for sex, and he still agrees to meet you, then he probably is not a money boy. But even then, some will still try to get money out of you.

It works both ways. You're risking that the boy is a money boy despite what he tells you. He's risking sex with a total stranger, probably much older than himself, who may or may not give him anything.

If you are looking for a relationship, the personals sites can be a very good start. If you're just looking for free sex, then you'll very likely have to wade through a lot of profiles and chat with a lot of boys before you find willing freebies. But they are there. You can find them if you spend enough time trying.

Thank you very much GB for your informative reply. I just recently started to look at PR as I am planning to travel to BKK and Pattaya shortly.

At my age, I know very well that if I want to meet a younger Asian man, I will have to pay. I have been to Thailand before and I find some of the young men on Planet Romeo to be very attractive, more so than most I have seen in bars. Many are a bit older than what you usually see in bars and I like that. If they can read my profile and write to me, than I can assume that they can speak English reasonably well. To meet someone in his 30's or even 40'S who may need a bit of extra cash would suit me just fine. No bar hopping, no drink expenses and no bar fine; however, one has to exercise more caution I suppose.

Any bad experiences with dating web sites?

Thanks again GB and I hope to see you on my next visit. Remember our dinner with Geezer?

Guest fountainhall

At my age, I know very well that if I want to meet a younger Asian man, I will have to pay.

As GB suggests, that's not necessarily the case. I have met some guys in their 20s from gayromeo who are genuinely interested only in being with more mature farangs. From the profiles, it seems there are also some in their 30s and 40s with a similar interest. Silverdaddies.com is another useful site. It's worth taking time and chatting to quite a few guys before you actually meet up.

I agree with fountainhall. First, guys in their 30's and 40's are very unlikley to be after your money. Silver Daddies is an excellent idea. http://www.silverdaddies.com . Several people I know, including some who post on this board, have met wonderful guys via Silver Daddies and I don't know of anyone who has used that site and was asked to pay. As a matter of fact, some have said a few guys on that site have plenty of their own money and not only pay their own way, but sometimes even pay for some of the things they and their farang friends do together.

Sites like Planet Romeo, Gay Romeo, etc, are good sites, but they're not the only sites. Give Silver Daddies a try. I think you're much more likely to find what you're looking for on that site.

Many are under the impression that no matter who you meet in Thailand, they're all after your money. That simply is not true. Sure, if you are interested in meeting bar boys and what I call 'farang hunters,' they're looking for money. But many others are simply interested in friendships. Some of the "experts" I see writing posts on these boards insist that younger guys are never interested in older farang other than for their money. That, I can tell you from personal experience, is simply not true. Granted, a great many do want money, but there are plenty who really are attracted to us old guys. Don't ask me why. I don't have any idea. But I do know what I'm talking about.

As for our dinner with Geezer, I don't know from your user name who you are. If I see you I'm sure I'll remember, but without seeing your face I'm clueless as to who you are. In any case, I'll be happy to see you when you are here and I'll be happy to help you however I can.

Guest fountainhall

This one is on gayromeo today. Perhaps more understandable, though :p

I like someone for interresting me but someone not like up to you because I not like you too and then I don't care anything for someone to do it something with me

I am very happy too much

This one is on gayromeo today. Perhaps more understandable, though :p

Well, a command of coherent English is not a prerequisite for using Gay Romeo. Often, when I take Thai writing and try to use Google Translate, the result I get is gibberish. I'm guessing that some of these boys write what they want to say in Thai, use something like Google Translate, and then copy and paste the resulting English into their post, without realizing that they ended up with gibberish and most farang will not be able to understand what they are trying to say.

Guest joseph44

some of these boys write what they want to say in Thai, use something like Google Translate

Like the gayromeo-quote in the OP. A typical example of translated Thai -> English using Google or any other translation tool.

The main gay destinations in Thailand have various other easier options for meeting people.

I'm not so sure I would agree with you. On Gay Romeo you chat with the boy. Then, if you both decide to meet, most of the time the boy will come over to wherever you are staying or wherever else you want to first meet, at an agreed upon time. No bars, no pushy mama-sans, no "What number you like?", no "What you name? Where you come from?" while getting your thigh rubbed, no drinks for the boy, and no off fees. What could be easier than that?

I'm not so sure I would agree with you. On Gay Romeo you chat with the boy. Then, if you both decide to meet, most of the time the boy will come over to wherever you are staying or wherever else you want to first meet, at an agreed upon time. No bars, no pushy mama-sans, no "What number you like?", no "What you name? Where you come from?" while getting your thigh rubbed, no drinks for the boy, and no off fees. What could be easier than that?

Strolling along Dongtan beach is a rather easy way of meeting people, seems to require less effort than Gay Romeo in my view.

In the majority of gogo bars, the mamasan might be a little pushy, but can soon be persuaded to go away. There are one or two bars which are an exception, but it's relatively easy to avoid those. One about half way along Soi Twighlight comes to mind -I can't remember the name of the bar, but I do remember the mamasan.

The expense of off fees & between 0 & 1 boy drink is acceptable for me as a tourist. If I lived there, this would be more of an issue. On holiday, I also don't want to spend too much time on Gay Romeo.

On holiday, I also don't want to spend too much time on Gay Romeo.

Yes, strolling along Dongtan is easy, but it's always the same set of "farang hunter" boys every day, with maybe a few different boys once in a while. However, yes, it's very easy.

While spending the money and dealing with the bar scene works for you, not everyone who comes here for a holiday wants to do that or wants to limit themselves to the bar scene. These online personals sites offer an excellent alternative.

Regarding Gay Romeo, I'll bet you wouldn't be online more than 5 minutes, if that long, before you get messages from boys who are ready to come over to you immediately. If you check your Email while you're on a holiday here or are on the Internet for any other reason, you might as well try Gay Romeo, if you're so inclined. You can also make some arrangements via Gay Romeo before you even travel to Thailand.

Gay Romeo is very good. Don't sell it short or tell yourself, "I can't be bothered" until you give it a try.

I have spent some time chatting to a handful of guys in Thailand, Cambodia & other countries. For various reasons including schedule conflicts & a no show, I have never met any of them, so it has not been so rewarding so far.

Am also using it to make contacts in North East Thailand at the moment.

Suppose I should change the profile to BKK next time I am in town & see what pops up. That could be a more rewarding approach.

Guest LastSamurai

Seen on Planet Romeo from a Thai. Can anyone make it out?

I assume Mr Ramzes is referring to an outfit based in Netherlands that advertises in "Spice" magazine? Whatever?

I've been trying to post an announcement for past two months. After completing lengthy questionnaire (no *s indicating compulsory fields), I repeatedly get "error message". Contacted Planet Romeo website administration who respond by denying that the error message is legitimate!

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I'm not quite following what you are talking about. Are you trying to say you have been trying to create a profile on Planet Romeo, but are having difficulty doing it?

If yes, the first question is have you registered? You first have to register if you have not already done so.

What does the error message say? What do you mean by the site administration is saying the error is illegitimate? What, exactly, do they tell you and by what manner do they communicate with you? Is it an automatic message or is a site administrator contacting you by Email?

I don't see how discovering whether other people are having the same problem can be of any help to you. What you need to do is let us know exactly what the error message says and get advice from someone who isn't having a problem.

Guest luvthai

The boys on planet romeo are not without their dangers. Most boys are decent working boys but there is a report from a guy on CFS that a boy he saw several times with no problems suddenly stole his blackberry phone and sold it then had the nerve to offer to sell the Sim card back to him for a lot of baht. This one goes by the name c-boy or sexi_lovely_boy. Always lock your valuables when dealing with any working boy.

there is a report from a guy on CFS that a boy he saw several times with no problems suddenly stole his blackberry phone and sold it then had the nerve to offer to sell the Sim card back to him for a lot of baht.

While I certainly do recommend reading the guestbook entries, along with posts someone may have written on various boards, you also need to understand that those entries are not necessarily reliable. I think we've all seen posts on the various boards that are personal vendettas against venues, restaurants, people, etc. The same applies to those guestbooks. Sometimes, for whatever reason, someone has a grudge against a boy he had met and sets out to write something negative about the boy. The boys who are the victims of that probably can't read or understand much written English or may not even be aware of the guestbooks. When a negative message is posted on a board about him, the boy has no way to defend himself or tell his side of the story.

The reason I'm saying this is by sheer coincidence I know the boy you mentioned. I've known him for nearly four years, although I haven't spoken to him in months. It is very difficult for me to believe that post to which you refer. If the story is true, I would be extremely surprised. The boy I know is one of the nicest, most charming boys I've ever met. While I wouldn't recommend leaving anything of value around that could tempt any boy, I would trust this boy over a great many others.

He used to work as a go-go boy at Happy Bar. He was there when Happy Bar first opened. I don't think he's still there, but I haven't been to Happy Boys in quite some time.

Only last year he went back to his home province because of the draft lottery. He called me from there several times, scared to death that he would get the 'red ball' and wind up drafted into the military. Immediately after the draft lottery he called me again, relieved and delighted. He got the 'black ball.'

I'll bet his own story is a little different from that guestbook entry and I would want to know his side of it. He is a money boy, but he makes no demands about the amount. I also know he wants a boyfriend.

I really don't believe that CFS post at all. Obviously it may be true, but if it is I would be shocked. Again, I recommend reading the guestbook entries for any boy who places a personal ad on Gay Romeo. I suppose there isn't much choice other than taking those kinds of posts or guestbook entries into consideration when making a decision about contacting and meeting boys, but I think you should also bear in mind that some of those entries may not exactly be an honest, accurate portrayal.

Guest luvthai

I also give the boys the benefit of doubt and have been in contact with the boy and he does seem very nice. The real message here is to always lock your valuables and don't tempt the boys into doing something they later regret.

I appreciate when someone posts a warning as it alerts to possible dangers but one must remain open minded as well.